HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
04-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
I play a lot of EASHL, so I'll comment on that a bit

Drop in :
Create an easier way to mute idiots. There's a way to do it in the lobby but not the game
Make the position picking done before you drop in so you can get a lot of 5v5 or 6v6 games
Kick option

Club :
Make it so amateur plays amateur and pro most likely, Pro plays all 3, Elite plays pro and elite. Give it a timer that you can play amateur as elite after so long
Let us go back to the more than one game at a time but any more than 1 doesn't count towards the record. I like bigger clubs but hate waiting if I'm not playing

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The one thing they should of put a feature for is that they NEED to fix goaltending, moreso with user controlled goalies. Also, if they keep the CPU goalies from 13 that are complete ********* (borderline cheating) for cross-creases... **** them... Seriously, keeping the CPU goalies like that to prevent almost all cross-creases is basically there just so that people can get into the game easier and be lazier on defense. Go back to the cross-crease stuff of 12 and become a better defender because of it.
I posted about it in the NHL thread on the fantasy board, but the human goalie controls are so bad.

Hug post? 50% chance you are going to do a 360 or jump out into the slot
Get beat five hole if you go into butterfly and try to use your glove and there's a deflection
Skating is absolutely trash
Cover the puck thing is basically just shooting you out 5-10 feet

Old
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
The new things sound cool, but they REALLY need to iron out the little things before making more major changes imo. The puck physics are atrocious, player agility/acceleration is broken, and player development is horrendous. Not positive I'll buy it right away this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Looking for a little advice here about the PS3

I moved out back in august and took the ps3 me and my brother shared with me. Hes been away at school but now he'll b home in a month and my mom wanted to get him one for when he came home.

Is it worth it to buy a PS3 now? Like what I was worried about is buying the PS3 now and then the 4 comes out in the fall and there wont be any new games for the ps3 or will they still make them?

thanks
They'll probably still launch PS3 games for about 4-8 months after the launch of PS4. On of the perks of PS4 is total digital backwards compatibility, allowing you to play PS, PS2, and PS3 games...so Sony may move away from PS3 quicker because of that.

The PS3 is fairly affordable for a major console, but it's not like $200-300 (GameStop range of used to new prices) is a drop in the bucket for the average person. Most people wouldn't spring for that, and then drop another $400+ when the PS4 launches 6 months later.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Talk about an awful trailer, that was a disgrace. I couldn't give two ***** about "improved skating engine" that they throw in every single year, to have them not fix the major issues.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:37 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
They'll probably still launch PS3 games for about 4-8 months after the launch of PS4. On of the perks of PS4 is total digital backwards compatibility, allowing you to play PS, PS2, and PS3 games...so Sony may move away from PS3 quicker because of that.

The PS3 is fairly affordable for a major console, but it's not like $200-300 (GameStop range of used to new prices) is a drop in the bucket for the average person. Most people wouldn't spring for that, and then drop another $400+ when the PS4 launches 6 months later.
Yea, so if I have a ps4 and you have a ps3 and we have the same game. would we be able to play online with each other or would I only be able to play with other ps4 users.

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

XBOX 360 : Reparlana

Always playing NHL 13, will play with anybody

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Yea, so if I have a ps4 and you have a ps3 and we have the same game. would we be able to play online with each other or would I only be able to play with other ps4 users.
I can't imagine you'd be able to play with each other online. The architecture for the console and probably the network is completely different

Old
04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I can't imagine you'd be able to play with each other online. The architecture for the console and probably the network is completely different
Quote:
If its anything like PS2-PS3 you should be able to. I remember Playing Socom 3 on my wireless PS3 and thinking I was the boss.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

will not buy nhl14.

nhl13 was bad enough online... no more for this guy. (I haven't missed one since '93)

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
SuchySays

i'm not sure why any of you were expecting much from NHL 14 with the next gen coming.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

I don't know why anyone would expect much from any EA Sports game. Seems a bit foolish considering their track record.

****** news: Xbox 720 will not be backwards compatible. Welp, that's ****ing lame.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Krishna

Why is it lame? No other game consoles were backwards compatible for every game or new console. Why do people get so hung up over this?

Especially with the ps4 not having it. Do you want to pay the price for them to include the cell processor in it?

Old
04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Why is it lame? No other game consoles were backwards compatible for every game or new console. Why do people get so hung up over this?

Especially with the ps4 not having it. Do you want to pay the price for them to include the cell processor in it?
Because the Xbox and PS2 were backwards compatible, and you'd think that companies would retain key features rather than remove them. And as for that silly cell processor, I'd rather Sony not use them at all.

I don't know about you, Krishna, but my TV only has four HDMI inputs. I'm currently using all four. If and when I get the new Playstation and Xbox, I'll be all out of HDMI ports. I'll also need to hook up another power strip as I'd also be out of power outlets. This puts me in quite a predicament.

I'd rather have the ability to trade in my PS3 and/or 360 for a credit towards the new consoles.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Being a human goalie in 13 is awful. It's somehow worse offline than it is online, too.

04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
I don't know why anyone would expect much from any EA Sports game. Seems a bit foolish considering their track record.

****** news: Xbox 720 will not be backwards compatible. Welp, that's ****ing lame.

the rumor actually was that it IS backward compatible.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:

I still don't understand the hate and disdain towards EA Sports. Yes they're slowly killing Madden, but NCAA football, NHL, FIFA, and Tiger Woods are all spectacular sports games. I guess it's because "they don't change anything"? Obviously they do. They try and make major changes every year, even though those games are typically near perfect. Unfortunately the things holding them back are minor, like puck physics, team specific tidbits, online gaming and whatnot. They don't need to make "major changes" yet they try to anyway and once again overlook the little things. Personally I can't wait for EA to start making baseball games again considering how bad 2k's ****ed it up. 2k sucked at hockey, and sucked at basketball until 2k11. What other options are there for you?

Old
04-17-2013, 11:33 PM
FLYguy3911

NCAA is terrible in my opinion. I'm a huge college football guy and even I couldn't force myself to buy this year's game.

NHL has been good over the years, but this year's game is so frustrating.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Because the Xbox and PS2 were backwards compatible, and you'd think that companies would retain key features rather than remove them. And as for that silly cell processor, I'd rather Sony not use them at all.

I don't know about you, Krishna, but my TV only has four HDMI inputs. I'm currently using all four. If and when I get the new Playstation and Xbox, I'll be all out of HDMI ports. I'll also need to hook up another power strip as I'd also be out of power outlets. This puts me in quite a predicament.

I'd rather have the ability to trade in my PS3 and/or 360 for a credit towards the new consoles.
The 360 was barely backwards compatible. There were a huge number of games that weren't BC.

And Sony doesn't want to use the Cell processor either, which is why there is no BC.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:46 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
NCAA is terrible in my opinion. I'm a huge college football guy and even I couldn't force myself to buy this year's game.

NHL has been good over the years, but this year's game is so frustrating.
What about it is terrible? I don't buy it...or any of the those I mentioned above, EVERY year, except NHL. I consider NCAA to be a very good product, far greater than Madden.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:28 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
What about it is terrible? I don't buy it...or any of the those I mentioned above, EVERY year, except NHL. I consider NCAA to be a very good product, far greater than Madden.
The gameplay is just flat out stale and unrealistic. I don't even get into dynasties, which seem to be what appeals to consumers, because the gameplay is terrible.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:46 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
I still don't understand the hate and disdain towards EA Sports.
Because they monopolized the NFL gaming market and ruined what 2K Sports was doing for their fanbase: producing quality games at a reasonable price.

NHL 07 - you couldn't rely on the AI to play defense for you.
NHL 13 - you STILL can't rely on the AI to play defense for you.

I believe I remember a few "glitched goals" that went in almost every time you attempted them appear in NHL game after NHL game. You'd think EA would fix.. oh wait, it's EA.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:48 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Because they monopolized the NFL gaming market and ruined what 2K Sports was doing for their fanbase: producing quality games at a reasonable price.

NHL 07 - you couldn't rely on the AI to play defense for you.
NHL 13 - you STILL can't rely on the AI to play defense for you.

I believe I remember a few "glitched goals" that went in almost every time you attempted them appear in NHL game after NHL game. You'd think EA would fix.. oh wait, it's EA.
Honestly, the defense in NHL 12 was kind of insane. They could out race you if you dumped the puck. They would never get the hell off of you. They aren't as dynamic as they are in 13, but my god, they at least hustled to get back at you if you're on a breakaway.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
The 360 was barely backwards compatible. There were a huge number of games that weren't BC.

And Sony doesn't want to use the Cell processor either, which is why there is no BC.
Eh, I believe more games worked than didn't work. Which is a bit better than certain SKU PS3's NOT working at all. Regardless, I still can't find a valid point to remove backwards compatibility except for Sony's case with their ****** Cell chip. But I can't help but think that software emulation could be achieved.

****, my Android device has emulators for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSX, N64...

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-18-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: read the site rules.
Old
04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, the defense in NHL 12 was kind of insane. They could out race you if you dumped the puck. They would never get the hell off of you. They aren't as dynamic as they are in 13, but my god, they at least hustled to get back at you if you're on a breakaway.
To be honest, I haven't bought and EA NHL game since NHL 11, but I've read up on the problems and lack of changes in NHL 12 and 13 to form an opinion, but I will admit that my personal experience is limited to basically nil.

But that's good to hear!

Old
04-18-2013, 12:23 PM
bp spec

What a worthless trailer. I've had every EA NHL game since 2000 to 2012. Never bought the 13 because it sucks, it's stupid and boring. EA got to step it up. Otherwise I'll stick to FIFA and NBA2k.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote