HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Cush
Winny!

vCash: 500
house down the street totally gutted a by a fire today. Don't think anyone was there. I think people had been doing work on it (believe it was sold)

Old
04-17-2013, 05:18 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
thanks....
my neighbor has an older philips ( 2005/6? model ) that he let me borrow. i used it, and it recorded, but when i went to play the dvd on my computer it wouldnt....the menu screen was there, but when it started to play it stopped at 1 minute in. both shows i recorded did the same thing. they both played on the philips no problem, and when i explored the disc on my computer it showed the files as being normal size along with the time of the show? is my internal drive screwed up in some way? its the factory drive that came with the 'puter, an HP from 2008. the drive is a DVD player/burner. I read the choice of blank disc could cause problems, and the one i used was a cheapie memorex DVD+/-R RW. i did go out and get a pack of verbatim AZO DVD+/-R discs, as i read those are good ones, but the dang philips player said unknown disc so i couldnt record anything.

should i get a new internal DVD drive for the 'puter? all the ones i see now are SATA drives, and i know the drive in my machine is a serial one. I did see an LG drive at worst buy, for like 30 bucks, that was a serial but it must be discontinued as i didn't see it on LG's website.

wally world has magnavox HDD DVD recorders, and according to the folks on AVS forum, those are good machines, the guts are made by funai? theyre not cheap, $280 or so for the 1TB model, the 500G and 300G machines are only $20 cheaper each, so it makes no sense to "save" $40 by going with the 300G...
If your PC is so old that is uses serial for the DVD Connection, the net a new PC before Microsoft stops supporting Windows 95

Most likely its the type of disc you used to burn. Your PC DVD and the DVD Recorder both have compatibility lists... just need to find a disc that is on both lists - like DVD -R (vs +R or something like RW, +RW, etc). It also could be the DVD player software on the PC but my gut says its the disc. Any more info than this I can't help with unless I am on retainer

(Kidding, but not sure what else to add)

Old
04-18-2013, 12:23 AM
msrulo

Explosion at Texas fertilizer plant

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...zer-plant?lite

Old
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post

The cynic in me wonders if there were four sad souls killed in this explosion vs. the Boston incident with 3 killed if it would get more or less media coverage.

04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post

I can't read. At first I thought it said "police were also coping with lobsters in the area" (was actually looters).

Old
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
That was a helluva explosion

What the hell are we putting into our lawns and gardens, anyways?

Explains the unpleasantness in bathrooms i suppose

Old
04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
That was a helluva explosion

What the hell are we putting into our lawns and gardens, anyways?

Explains the unpleasantness in bathrooms i suppose
crappy fertilizers are one of the most explosive things you can find in a home. The Oklahoma City bombing was done with fertilizer.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
wow and I thought using cow manure was crazy. Old man time knew a thing or 2.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:45 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Watched some of the old Masao cooking videos last night. Honestly, the sausages and peach juice one might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:48 PM
BTCG

Oookay... so the hubby on American's goes from being in his wife's bad graces for 'liking America' and not playing spy close enough to the vest... and yet, a couple shows later, she decides to defy Moscow and kill the CIA guy.

Goes to show you... even Russian spy hubbies cannot win with their wives.

Kudos to the hubby for being a nice guy and offering to kill the CIA dude. (that only makes sense if you've been watching).

Old
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
BTCG

To Usiel or whoever is 'in the know'

What's the lowdown on this new show they're showing these weird clips of: The Bridge"

The clips look kinda spooky. It's coming out this summer... anyone got any info on the show?

Old
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
BTCG

Okay... found this on "The Bridge":

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...ridge/1913173/

FX is going to the border with its latest drama series.

The cable network is picking up 13 episodes of The Bridge, which concentrates on two detectives, one from the USA and one from Mexico, who are searching for a serial killer who works on both sides of the border.

Production starts in April and the series will premiere in July.

Demian Bichir (Oscar nominee for A Better Life) will play Marco Ruiz, a homicide investigator for the state of Chihuahua who is a good man in a corrupt police force outgunned by drug cartels. Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds) will play Sonya Cross, a detective with an undiagnosed disorder that falls on the autism spectrum.

The characters are forced to work together when a body is dumped on the bridge that spans the El Paso-Ciudad Juarez border.

The Bridge also features Ted Levine, Annabeth Gish, Thomas M. Wright and Matthew Lillard.

Sounds like it might be good.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
usiel

Yeah you found it. I was aware of the original foreign version long before the american remake was happening as one the tv industry pukes I follow on twitter would rave about it. Thought about seeing if the original was was available on the .nets with subtitles.

SyFy's Defiance on Monday was typical SyFy fare. Every plot and subplot was recognizable from a ton of other things.

Looking forward to checking out Rectify this Sunday on the Sundance channel..the previews have me intrigued.

The below intrigues me considering AMC's pedigree. And the fact that the SyFy channel is the worst.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/amc-...h-hunt-poject/

Quote:
Ballistic City is described as “Blade Runner meets Battlestar Galactica” and tells the story of a former cop thrust into the criminal underworld of a city housed in a generational space ship destined for an unknown world. I hear the project is eyed as a potential companion to AMC’s genre blockbuster The Walking Dead. Kosinski, who previously directed Tron: Legacy, and Beacham, who also co-wrote Clash Of The Titans, executive produce with Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Michael Sugar. Following a strong international start with a $61 million haul last weekend, Tom Cruise-starrer Oblivion opens this Friday. Pacific Rim is being released in July. Kosinski is repped by Verve and Hirsch Wallerstein; Neacham is with WME, Anonymous Content and Hansen, Jacobson.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Cush
Winny!

Old
04-19-2013, 06:05 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=487

NAILED IT.

Ramzan Kadyrov was the first thing I saw when I saw his nose.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:57 AM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Yeah you found it. I was aware of the original foreign version long before the american remake was happening as one the tv industry pukes I follow on twitter would rave about it. Thought about seeing if the original was was available on the .nets with subtitles.

SyFy's Defiance on Monday was typical SyFy fare. Every plot and subplot was recognizable from a ton of other things.

Looking forward to checking out Rectify this Sunday on the Sundance channel..the previews have me intrigued.

The below intrigues me considering AMC's pedigree. And the fact that the SyFy channel is the worst.

Thanks for the link... interesting.

Amazing how The Americans has vaulted into being my favorite show. Wednesday nights without it are gonna blow. Just hope it doesn't take them forever to make some new episodes.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:34 PM
usiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
Thanks for the link... interesting.

Amazing how The Americans has vaulted into being my favorite show. Wednesday nights without it are gonna blow. Just hope it doesn't take them forever to make some new episodes.
Digged the first couple of episodes then it seem to fade a bit. I'm like 4 or 5 behind at the moment but the episode I am on now it has started to pick up steam.

Here is that trailer for Rectify show I mentioned a few posts up.

Black Sails (Starz) trailer coming in 2014.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:23 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

So that's over now.

Craziest week ever.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:26 AM
cleaver
We're touched thanks

Ragnar accomplishes more in an episode than Jax does in a season.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:26 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
So that's over now.

Craziest week ever.
What happened

Old
04-20-2013, 10:50 AM
InfernalDark*
Blooddrunk

vCash: 50
My friends 51th birthday. Beer and thai women. I can live with that.

Kippis!

Old
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post

OK...so after seeing your post, I watched Defiance with low expectations. And while you're right, it's recognizable, I thought it was entertaining and had good production value.

Anyone check out Hemlock Grove yet? Reviews aren't good, but I feel obliged to check it out since it's free.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Cush
Winny!

Antares rocket launch is set for 6:10 tonight. Should be visible from the DC area. Look to the SE

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ashington-d-c/

Old
04-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Cush
Winny!

the launch has been scrubbed. tomorrow at 5pm

Old
04-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Diane Kruger in anything is a watch for me.

Closed Thread