HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jakub Voracek

Old
04-18-2013, 12:59 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's his second year in the league. It's way too early to pull the plug on Couturier.
I agree, but that's my point. This year is largely a fallacy.

Next season will be much more telling of where couturier can go IMO, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he's traded.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:25 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The Carter trade just continues to keep looking better and better.
The Gift that keeps on giving!

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:16 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
He also looked awful the 6 weeks before that...
So did the rest of the team. Not worried about Couturier at all. His development was really bungled up by Laviolette and company this year.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM
blinds

Quote:
I agree, but that's my point. This year is largely a fallacy.

Next season will be much more telling of where couturier can go IMO, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he's traded.
I'm not so sure, next season he'll still only be 21. A lot of players still struggle at that age, just look at Schenn and JVR. I'd like to hold on to Couts til he's at least 24 unless we can bring back a #1 defenseman in return. There's no need to trade him for a winger. He looks like he has the tools and vision to be a remarkable player, and right now his value is much lower than it should be cause he isn't producing points (obviously not much opportunity to). If he could just get a little faster..

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
FLYERSFAN18

If Laughton makes the team next season Couts has to be in the top six and move Schenn to wing.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couts-Simmonds
Gagne-Laguhton-Hartnell

Edit: I don't want to see Laughton get the Couturier treatment and be stuck on the fourth line. I wouldn't hat it for about a quarter or half of the season but he needs to see top 9 minutes

Last edited by FLYERSFAN18: 04-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.
FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
If Laughton makes the team next season Couts has to be in the top six and move Schenn to wing.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couts-Simmonds
Gagne-Laguhton-Hartnell

Edit: I don't want to see Laughton get the Couturier treatment and be stuck on the fourth line. I wouldn't hat it for about a quarter or half of the season but he needs to see top 9 minutes
i don't like schenn at wing at all. he's shown to be most effective at C and we shouldn't be changing his place on the team when in all honesty, his development should be further along in the first place. if both couts and laughton are kept, it's laughton who should be moved to wing.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Gagne-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Laughton

Old
04-18-2013, 10:35 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
i don't like schenn at wing at all. he's shown to be most effective at C and we shouldn't be changing his place on the team when in all honesty, his development should be further along in the first place. if both couts and laughton are kept, it's laughton who should be moved to wing.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Gagne-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Laughton
I would be fine with that as well, just wanted both Couts and Schenn to get top six minutes, but its not that important. But I also wouldn't mind seeing schenn on the left wing instead of the right like he played earlier this season. If they decide to go that way

Old
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Brozgalov

Before Jake came here I had barely seen him play. I remember that I knew he was gifted when it came to passing, but that's about it.

After the Richards/Carter trades I was extremely interested in this team's new pieces and I watched pre-season as closely as I could. A friend of mine asked me who looked good and I remember noting that Voracek was above and beyond everyone else on the ice. I thought he might be the "X-factor" last season and though he played well, he didnt take that next step per say. I was still really impressed.

Fast foward to this season, and I honestly believe he will become a much better player then Giroux. As everyone has said, he has all the tools necessary to be a super star in this league. If he has to work on anything it's his shot, but he has the size that Giroux doesn't have. Voracek can create his own chances with his speed/size, where as Giroux is learning quickly that without size, he needs others to create space for him.

Voracek to me is just flat out awesome to watch. He never gives up, and sometimes I feel like its a guarentee that he gets the puck in the zone and creates a scoring chance. Hell I feel like the rest of the team always lets him down after he works his ass off to get the puck into prime scoring areas. I also believe the powerplay took a turn for the better when Timonen started using Voracek on the opposite wall instead of force feeding Giroux. If he can work on his shot he will be nasty... 23 years old?

Pretty excited about his future here.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would be fine with that as well, just wanted both Couts and Schenn to get top six minutes, but its not that important. But I also wouldn't mind seeing schenn on the left wing instead of the right like he played earlier this season. If they decide to go that way
i think the reason they had him at RW because if you notice, in lavi's system, the RW and the C are a lot of times interchangeable in the neutral zone and on the forecheck. A lot of times you'll see jake roaming center ice in the neutral zone on the backcheck while G and whoever else attack the puck carrier. sort of a hybrid left wing lock. Schenn may be more effective on the LW, but he could also be less effective than he was on the right side. id rather just keep him at C, at least until he gets more comfortable at the NHL level and gets closer to his ceiling. then again, this all could change if lavi is replaced.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

The best thing about Voracek to is that contract. My god if he continues at a PPG clip for the next couple of seasons, at that price(4,250,000) he is a steal. Signed until 2019 also. We might see a whole lot of jealous people around the NHL with that type of production on that contract.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
i think the reason they had him at RW because if you notice, in lavi's system, the RW and the C are a lot of times interchangeable in the neutral zone and on the forecheck. A lot of times you'll see jake roaming center ice in the neutral zone on the backcheck while G and whoever else attack the puck carrier. sort of a hybrid left wing lock. Schenn may be more effective on the LW, but he could also be less effective than he was on the right side. id rather just keep him at C, at least until he gets more comfortable at the NHL level and gets closer to his ceiling. then again, this all could change if lavi is replaced.
I have no problem with that. I would love to see the defensive abilities of a line with Laughton and Couts on it

Old
04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The best thing about Voracek to is that contract. My god if he continues at a PPG clip for the next couple of seasons, at that price(4,250,000) he is a steal. Signed until 2019 also. We might see a whole lot of jealous people around the NHL with that type of production on that contract.
Holmgren did a great job on the Voracek and Simmond's deals.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No. Definitely not. I'd rather keep Voracek and pursue Ryan in FA.
I agree with you Beef. Jake is a keeper. You add not subtract.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
So did the rest of the team. Not worried about Couturier at all. His development was really bungled up by Laviolette and company this year.
"Couturier! How could you let Briere make a mistake!? You're benched for the 3rd."

"Coach, I wasn't even on the ice."

"Now you're benched for the 4th too, young man!"

04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
YuioIklo

I don't know how good he'll become, but his PPG right now is no fluke.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen your Philadelphia Flyers. Home of both the worst contracts (Bryzgalov, Briere, Shelley) and best contracts (Giroux, Voracek) in the league.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

It's really not fair for the rest of the NHL if the Flyers have Voracek. I mean he is part snake.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen your Philadelphia Flyers. Home of both the worst contracts (Bryzgalov, Briere, Shelley) and best contracts (Giroux, Voracek) in the league.
Briere's contract isn't among the worst in the league--his actual salary is less than half his cap hit going forward, which many teams would welcome. It doesn't work in Philly, but that doesn't make it among the worst in the league.

Shelley got overpaid by $200-$300k and a year--but I don't think that qualifies either.

Bryzgalov? He belongs in the conversation--not the other two.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:58 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I think Homer setup two potential nice deals in Voracek's and Simmonds' contracts this past summer.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Curufinwe

If they keep improving and the cap goes up as expected, their contracts will be fantastic value in a couple of years, particularly Simmonds since he's signed till 2019.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Voracek is signed until 2016, symmonds is 2019.

Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Voracek is signed until 2016, symmonds is 2019.
You know what you are right sir. I was looking at Hartnell's contract details when I posted that.

Regardless, still a great contract.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:27 PM

People criticise Holmgren for the contracts he hands out but for me, that's one of his biggest strengths. The deals offered to Carter, Richards, Giroux (in particular) and Voracek have been sensational.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
People criticise Holmgren for the contracts he hands out but for me, that's one of his biggest strengths. The deals offered to Carter, Richards, Giroux (in particular) and Voracek have been sensational.
It's generally the contracts to "filler" players that are the problem.

Or when he misunderstands the CBA, I guess.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
TheKingPin

I wish cobourn would just step up to a top pairing guy haha. Then we dont have to trade any fwd for D. As far as Jake I really like his passion for the game. He really wants to do the best he can and seems like a big team guy.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote