HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Moen is one big softie
I don't think you have a clue what soft is.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:02 AM
habsfanatics*

Moen is not the problem at all with this team, he's a big body, responsible defensively. Who can put up 5-10goals. Not everyone can be a star.

Replacing Moen with AHL feeder would be irresponsible. He can't fight heavyweights, but he can still play a solid all around game, there are things wrong with the team, Travis Moen is not one of them.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Moen is not the problem at all with this team, he's a big body, responsible defensively. Who can put up 5-10goals. Not everyone can be a star.

Replacing Moen with AHL feeder would be irresponsible. He can't fight heavyweights, but he can still play a solid all around game, there are things wrong with the team, Travis Moen is not one of them.
You never seen Moen play in Anaheim do you?

He was the perfect grinder. Speedy and mean.

Now, he doesnt even use his speed and lost all of his mean streak.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:06 AM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
You never seen Moen play in Anaheim do you?

He was the perfect grinder. Speedy and mean.

Now, he doesnt even use his speed and lost all of his mean streak.
I think most around these parts never seen Moen a day in Anaheim. Moen never ran around looking to fight, he's a guy who can hold his own when required, not much has changed.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
I think most around these parts never seen Moen a day in Anaheim. Moen never ran around looking to fight, he's a guy who can hold his own when required, not much has changed.
I'm not talking about fighting. I'm talking about finishing checks and actually create momentum for your team. Moen is doing nothing of that nature this year, in anaheim he was all over the ice. I really hope he's nursing an injury because it's sad.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:44 AM
MXD

I wouldn't have that much problems with Moen if his whole game wasn't off.

Like, BRUTAL GIVEAWAY on the Pens first goal.

Gallys does that, and he skips 3 shifts.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:

Wrong, Travis Moen is One of them

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
bib
#believe

What double concerns me about Moen is the fact that he doesn't even seem to want to try anymore.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be embarrassed for my season and want to try that much harder to prove to my teammates that I care. He plays like he doesn't care. A bad case of Gomez-itis.

We can talk all we want about Whitey making bonehead plays and taking bad penalties, but, at least he plays like he cares.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:21 AM
LesHabs66

Moen is nowhere near the player he was a year ago and it is time to clean the roster of floaters in the off-season. How hard will it be to replace Moen in free agency? Not very hard based on what he has contributed this season.

LesHabs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Prairie Habs

Coming off a concussion that made him miss half of last year I wonder if he thought this season would be cancelled and he just never really prepared himself. He hasn't played up to his personal standards but I am willing to see what he can do next year in a normal season. Also he is a playoff warrior so I am hoping he will just rebound once the postseason starts (but I'm less hopeful on that).

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Moen was never a big fighter anyways, his fight total still year is about the same as it been his whole career. And he really isn't the aggresive type where he would go look for a fight to get the team started, the way Prust does.

I don't have a problem with Moen because he actually can play the game, good defensively, while he had some off games, he gets on the body.

I would like to see him and Prust play together, maybe Prust aggressiveness will rub off onto Moen.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Like I said a few weeks ago, does Therrien even have the balls to sit Moen?

Therrien acts all macho when it comes to disciplining the likes of White and Subban, how brave.

Can't believe Moen is still getting more ice-time than Galchenyuk, or anybody for that matter.
Pretty much. And there's nothing I hate more than authoritarians who gets tough with players who have the most heart. While the lazy ones get away with it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
If he doesn't elevate his play in the playoffs, it's going to be another 3 long years of him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Moen has been terrible this season (half season), but I don't think the habs should just get rid of him if they aren't going to use the cap space to replace him with something better. Many players have off years. Just on our team, pleks, ryder, bourque. Pleks wasn't even seen as a good 3rd line center for the habs after his "terrible" 20 goal 39 point season where everyone was bad.

The habs didn't resign ryder after his ****** season when the kostitsyn brothers showed they could do more in his place (again wrong). all players do end up declining, but moen is only 30 years old... He hasn't suffered very many injuries (knock on wood) and has no real reason to lose his passion for the game. I think he's just having a bad season, and will rebound next year.

People freak out too much over one bad season (a half season in this case!!). Hopefully Bergy doesn't do the same.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I always felt like Hab fans always wanted Moen to be more than what he is, so I took the criticism of him with a grain of salt...this year though it's fully justified. Guy is the pure definition of a passenger this season. He plays every single game on autopilot.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

We'll know we're done when Weber takes Moen's spot on the 4th.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:07 AM
gohabs58

Here's to hoping he will elevate his play in the playoffs. Let's not kid ourselves, we could use a guy his size in our lineup especially if we play the Leafs in the first round.

He's currently getting around 11:00 TOI, but with his experience (he won a cup and was a stud that year in the PO) I can see his ice time elevate as will his play. Again, I'm hoping this will happen. Prust can't do it all himself.

gohabs58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Blaming Moen when the whole team plays like crap is quite comical.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
People cherry pick players all the time when we lose.

On the subject of Moen - he's been horrible this year, no doubt about it. He's lost that edge, his offense has evaporated, he looks like he's skating in quicksand, isn't engaging himself that physically anymore.

I really hope the half-season lull is what has him out of sync. I'd hate this to be the Moen we see for the next 3 years after this one.

Moen isn't Prust, but he can play at a similar level. He's shown that in the past. Not sure what's up this year. Hoping it's an injury.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:28 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
When the team is rolling and winning games, you tend to look past some of the, shall we say, "lesser contributors" (Moen and Armstrong being two prime examples) and focus on the good things. "They may not be helping us win, but they're not hurting us" and all that.

Now that the wheels are falling off a bit, those lesser contributions become magnified tenfold.

But please, let's not act like people are saying Moen is the only problem. He's one of them, though.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
People cherry pick players all the time when we lose.

On the subject of Moen - he's been horrible this year, no doubt about it. He's lost that edge, his offense has evaporated, he looks like he's skating in quicksand, isn't engaging himself that physically anymore.

I really hope the half-season lull is what has him out of sync. I'd hate this to be the Moen we see for the next 3 years after this one.

Moen isn't Prust, but he can play at a similar level. He's shown that in the past. Not sure what's up this year. Hoping it's an injury.
He is playing below where he was last year...but saying he is playing "horrible" to me is a big exageration. He isn't playing at a 1.8 mil cap hit level, but he is playing a solid level for a 4th liner, maybe he is unhappy Prust gets more ice time or maybe he is hurt.

He could be doing more, but he isn't hurting the team, he is playing good defensively and on PK.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
He is playing below where he was last year...but saying he is playing "horrible" to me is a big exageration. He isn't playing at a 1.8 mil cap hit level, but he is playing a solid level for a 4th liner, maybe he is unhappy Prust gets more ice time or maybe he is hurt.

He could be doing more, but he isn't hurting the team, he is playing good defensively and on PK.
He's playing "horrible" based off of what he's capable of doing. I'm not comparing his performance to salary like others (justifiably at the end) did with our buddy Scott.

If he's unhappy Prust is getting more ice time, he should look in the mirror and try to be better than him. Prust is, for all intents and purposes, the best grinder on this team and a special player. Maybe the best "grinder" in the league, though it wouldn't be fair just to call him a grinder. He's much better than a plug.

I'm not saying he's hurting the team, but I, we, expect more out of a guy who's shown he can do a lot more than just be good defensively and on the PK.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Well i think Damphousse may have been correct when he said on AC that Moen was thinking of his post career. The 4 years contract he just signed may very well be his last and coming from a major concussion he may just want to play it safe and not risk his health too much.

It certainly look like that to me anyway

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

I'm am so tired of Moen this and Moen that. Moen has proven to be a clutch scorer in the post season

What type of player did we wish to acquire at the deadline? A "Clowe" type player? Ott or maybe even Morrow. Penalty killing grit, not afraid to drop the gloves etc etc.

Heh, I love this brilliant fanbase hoping to get a Brian Boyle type & in the same breath discuss how to trade Moen, a player who fits the mould of what we needed.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:53 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien View Post
I'm am so tired of Moen this and Moen that. Moen has proven to be a clutch scorer in the post season

What type of player did we wish to acquire at the deadline? A "Clowe" type player? Ott or maybe even Morrow. Penalty killing grit, not afraid to drop the gloves etc etc.

Heh, I love this brilliant fanbase hoping to get a Brian Boyle type & in the same breath discuss how to trade Moen, a player who fits the mould of what we needed.

Moen isn't that anymore. If he's not going to be what he is paid to do then it's right to direct our angst toward him.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote