HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
WTH happened to Mike Milbury? Lobotomy? Watching the Bruins pregame show on TSN 2.

Using words like "bucolic" and "quintessential" and making fair, intelligent and considered observations.

It's so much harder to ridicule him now. I'm so disappointed.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
The camera's very oddly placed in Calgary.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Bobby G

Sabres tie it!

Old
04-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Eller81

2-2 game boston buffalo yessss

Old
04-17-2013, 09:01 PM
76ftw

Looks like the Bruins don't even want first place now

Old
04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Looks like the Bruins don't even want first place now
They would smoke Toronto

Old
04-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Calgary is a very fast team, but terrible defensively.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Et le But

Don't look now but if the Bruins lose this they will have lost 3 in a row, the same as us.

I know, they are at least getting a point tonight and are keeping it close. But Carolina is not a team you should be losing to.

I'm not justifying getting blown out like the Habs have been lately. But it's 3 games, let's keep it in context. If this is the "real" Montreal, is the "real" Boston a team that can't keep a hold of leads?

Old
04-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=240031

Beautiful. I had goosebumps the entire time, and got teary eyed towards the end. Damn.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-17-2013, 09:43 PM
DJ Breadman

Habs still in first? nhl.com has bruins in first I thought we had the tie breaker

Old
04-17-2013, 09:44 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Habs still in first? nhl.com has bruins in first I thought we had the tie breaker
We have played one more game.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
DJ Breadman

ah the game in hand for boston

Old
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Watching Lumbus, Mighty Ducks... now I see what a real goalie looks like

Old
04-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Calgary may have just completely ruined their tank as Kipper steals one to sweep the season series from the Wings, from 3rd worst to 6th worst just like that, only 1 point out of 7th worst.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Et le But

If you think we had a bad day, try being the Wings.

Meanwhile, Gaborik and the Jackets take one step closer to the playoffs, and still somehow have the Rangers pick from the Nash trade.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
ClasslessGuy

Not that I really care but why is the NHL website always wrong with tie breakers in the standing section? We should still be second

Old
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Not that I really care but why is the NHL website always wrong with tie breakers in the standing section? We should still be second
We will be if we end up tied at the end of the year. But the Bruins have a game in hand so they are technically ahead of us.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
We will be if we end up tied at the end of the year. But the Bruins have a game in hand so they are technically ahead of us.
true because the other game was cancelled, my bad

Old
04-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If you think we had a bad day, try being the Wings.

Meanwhile, Gaborik and the Jackets take one step closer to the playoffs, and still somehow have the Rangers pick from the Nash trade.
The Wings are the most overrated team in the NHL. People talk about them like they are a top 5 or top 10 team, they are average at best. Once Datsyuk and Zetterberg decline they will need a big rebuild, their young players are mostly grinders(Abdelkader Emmerton Helm) or non high end(Tatar Ouellet Sheahan). Their defense has not replaced Lidstrom.

CBJ is all about Bobrovsky, going from mediocre(Mason) to great(Bobvrosky) goaltending is a huge boost.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Wings are the most overrated team in the NHL. People talk about them like they are a top 5 or top 10 team, they are average at best. Once Datsyuk and Zetterberg decline they will need a big rebuild, their young players are mostly grinders(Abdelkader Emmerton Helm) or non high end(Tatar Ouellet Sheahan). Their defense has not replaced Lidstrom.

CBJ is all about Bobrovsky, going from mediocre(Mason) to great(Bobvrosky) goaltending is a huge boost.
Either you forgot or ignored their two best prospects, Nyquist and Jarnkrok, but I think those two could make for a pretty good future in Detroit. I'm not saying they're going to be Datsyuk & Zetterberg 2.0, but they're both definitely above-average players.

But if people think the Habs have been stifling their young talent, they should look at Detroit. Guys like Smith, Tatar and Nyquist should have been regulars last year, arguably. The fact that they're still not and that Detroit are still playing broken-down vets or grinders ahead of them is why they're spinning their wheels. There's being patient and being foolish.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:

They have great defenseman too

Tyutin Johnson
Nikitin Wiz
Erixon Prout

When murray comes back, they are going to be exciting and young on the back end.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Either you forgot or ignored their two best prospects, Nyquist and Jarnkrok, but I think those two could make for a pretty good future in Detroit. I'm not saying they're going to be Datsyuk & Zetterberg 2.0, but they're both definitely above-average players.

But if people think the Habs have been stifling their young talent, they should look at Detroit. Guys like Smith, Tatar and Nyquist should have been regulars last year, arguably. The fact that they're still not and that Detroit are still playing broken-down vets or grinders ahead of them is why they're spinning their wheels. There's being patient and being foolish.
Nyquist will be 24 before opening night next year and he's still struggling to crack the NHL lineup. He's a good prospect, not a great one. Jarnkrok hasn't exactly torn it up in the AHL since they brought him over(again he is 21).

I find some of Detroit's prospects get overrated because they hold them back so long that they start tearing up the AHL, but at 23-24 it's the age where most young players(especially forwards) are already playing rehgular in the NHL.

Nyquist for example is only a few months older than Eller...can you imagine Eller playing 22 minutes a night in the AHL this year? He is already at 204 NHL games after 70 AHL games.

Their prospect pool is a few guys like Kristo and Bozon, no Pacioretty's or Galchenyuks or Subbans. Maybe I'm wrong but just an impression.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:44 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
WTH happened to Mike Milbury? Lobotomy? Watching the Bruins pregame show on TSN 2.

Using words like "bucolic" and "quintessential" and making fair, intelligent and considered observations.

It's so much harder to ridicule him now. I'm so disappointed.
Ever read Flowers For Algernon? He'll revert.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:49 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Nyquist will be 24 before opening night next year and he's still struggling to crack the NHL lineup. He's a good prospect, not a great one. Jarnkrok hasn't exactly torn it up in the AHL since they brought him over(again he is 21).

I find some of Detroit's prospects get overrated because they hold them back so long that they start tearing up the AHL, but at 23-24 it's the age where most young players(especially forwards) are already playing rehgular in the NHL.
Like I said in my other post, I don't think Nyquist is struggling to crack the lineup so much as the Wings love to overripe their players, to a point of near absurdity if you ask me. Nyquist would almost certainly have graduated to a full time NHLer with any other team in the league, even before this year.

Jarnkrok has only played 9 games in the AHL, way too soon to pass any kind of judgement on him.

I do agree that Detroit's youth gets overrated because historically they've been so good with late round steals, but I don't think their prospect situation is as dire as you said...I just think they need to let go of some of their veterans and give them a chance. Filppula has 15 points this year, Cleary played half the year on Datsyuk's wing, etc. Meanwhile Nyquist and Tatar are playing great in the AHL, probably being bored to death while doing so. Why not give them a legit chance at this point?

Old
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Ever read Flowers For Algernon? He'll revert.
So, Milbury is gonna get laid while in his enhanced mental state, I presume?

Closed Thread