HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

who will win the Vezina?

View Poll Results: Vezina?
Rask 14 7.11%
Bobrovsky 102 51.78%
Niemi 23 11.68%
Lundqvist 43 21.83%
Reimer 6 3.05%
Crawford 1 0.51%
Anderson 6 3.05%
other (who?) 2 1.02%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Sleepy

vCash: 500
I voted for Niemi. He won't win it because these things favor the eastern timezone/divisions, but he has the best credentials this year IMO.

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:06 PM
CanuckHero

Schneider!!!!

CanuckHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:19 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Why shouldn't he?
Because unlike every other award voted on by hockey writers, being a good looking guy who plays for the Rangers and was the best goalie last year doesn't effect their opinions the way it would for the Hart Trophy or Norris, or another award.

Lundqvist has been good but not the best in the league, if Lundqvist was injured/sucking this year and Mike Smith was playing like he was, nobody would be considering Mike Smith for the awards.

29 NHL GMs and Jay Feaster vote on the Vezina, they watch probably 20 times as many hockey games as the writers.

Lundqvist should not win and he won't. He would win any other award, not this one.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Clowe Me

Niemi is so underrated.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
TheSilencer

Bobvezsky.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Win The Cup View Post
I bet you Optimus Reim gets some votes
Why would Reimer get votes? I'm a Leaf fan and have been for as long as I remember, and aside from Joseph one year, we've never had a goaltender in 40 years who deserved the Vezina and only 2 others who deserved even votes. Reimer isn't one of. He's no better than half the other goaltenders in the league and aside from a game here and there, doesn't act like it. Taking this whole season into account, we are the luckiest ****ing team I've ever seen

Bob or Niemi

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeder9 View Post
Why would Reimer get votes? I'm a Leaf fan and have been for as long as I remember, and aside from Joseph one year, we've never had a goaltender in 40 years who deserved the Vezina and only 2 others who deserved even votes. Reimer isn't one of. He's no better than half the other goaltenders in the league and aside from a game here and there, doesn't act like it. Taking this whole season into account, we are the luckiest ****ing team I've ever seen

Bob or Niemi
I blame Gionta. Perhaps you don't remember how much of a beast he was before that cheap shot. Mark my words, Reimer will win a Vezina in his career

Leafs Win The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Bob takes it running away IMO. Not even close.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Because unlike every other award voted on by hockey writers, being a good looking guy who plays for the Rangers and was the best goalie last year doesn't effect their opinions the way it would for the Hart Trophy or Norris, or another award.

Lundqvist has been good but not the best in the league, if Lundqvist was injured/sucking this year and Mike Smith was playing like he was, nobody would be considering Mike Smith for the awards.

29 NHL GMs and Jay Feaster vote on the Vezina, they watch probably 20 times as many hockey games as the writers.

Lundqvist should not win and he won't. He would win any other award, not this one.
This post needs to be recognized and shown some love.

Anyway, I think the #1 cop in town takes it. It should be between him and Niemi.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
thevil
Lets go Aves?

Definitely Bob. Absolutely amazing year for him.

thevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:09 AM
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"

I voted Bobrovsky...The Blue Jackets have completely turned around since he showed up. As of today they are in a playoff spot. I think if they make the playoffs he has to win the Vezina. Lunquist is the runner up and if the Blue Jackets miss the playoffs he has a very good chance to win it.

yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
I voted Bobrovsky...The Blue Jackets have completely turned around since he showed up. As of today they are in a playoff spot. I think if they make the playoffs he has to win the Vezina. Lunquist is the runner up and if the Blue Jackets miss the playoffs he has a very good chance to win it.
i'm still trying to figure out why (other then reputation) lundqvist deserves the vezina or to even be in the top 3?

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Hutzler

Bobrovsky or Niemi

Hutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Fataldogg

It looks like people are changing their votes on a game by game basis. Lundqvist was viewed as the 2nd candidate closing in on Bobrovsky until he had one off game.

Than, Niemi was on the outside of the top-3 looking in, has two good games, and now he is back to the 2nd candidate.

A lot of flip flopping from the fans based on one or two games. I suspect this will happen until the end of the season.

That said, I'd assume the GM's already have an idea of whom they're going to vote for, and I don't know if their opinions will sway too much on a game by game basis. I.E. I doubt they're looking at the goaltender stats every day and say "Niemi just had a good game, his SV% went up .001, he's no the frontrunner" and vice versa.

Should be interesting come the awards.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote