HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Matt Greene Cleared for Contact

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 09:30 AM
  #51
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan
 
pens87jets7fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leesburg,VA
Country: United States
Posts: 475
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Amart and Muzz, yes, Ellerby, not so much. It's nothing personal, but Muzz and Amart have some offensive ability whereas Ellerby is pretty much a SAH dman. Sutter likes to pair a SAH dman with a PMD.
True. Although Ellerby may have slight offensive potential with more defensive upside. He's had to be a solid SAH his whole NHL career. Hes obviously a SAH. But when he got a chance to generate offense in the AHL he played well and moved the puck with more confidence and his game improved. he was paired with Clay Wilson or Rory Fitzpatrick. wilson was a two-way defenseman and fitzpatrick was more of a SAH. So he had a stable partner. (yes I am aware that the NHL and AHL are different)


Last edited by pens87jets7fan: 04-17-2013 at 09:40 AM.
pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
  #52
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,896
vCash: 500
Greene's been activated from IR. May we never see Ellerby take another shift in a Kings sweater.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
  #53
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
May we never see Ellerby and Muzzin paired again. That was unfair to both players and a very questionable thing to do.

A Mart is going to be placed on IR.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
  #54
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
May we never see Ellerby and Muzzin paired again. That was unfair to both players and a very questionable thing to do.

A Mart is going to be placed on IR.


Explains a lot at least.

Greene-Muzzin, come on down!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
  #55
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,854
vCash: 500
A Mart is going on IR? Why?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:08 PM
  #56
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
A Mart is going on IR? Why?
He came back from injury too early and has been trying to work it out while playing/practicing. I should have written that there is a very good chance that the team may as early as tomorrow place A Mart back on IR.

With the trade deadline over we might just let him keep rehabbing the way he has been since we can carry extra players on the roster. A Mart had been playing injured and came back early out of need. He struggled but it was coming around and then had a set back.

All of this comes from a conversation that took place this past weekend so things may have changed but I doubt it. When I posted this past Saturday that MG would be activated by today was when I had heard that A Mart had returned too early and could end back on IR depending on MG making it back this week.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
  #57
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Time for some FACE TIME!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:32 PM
  #58
Reclamation Project
黄熱病
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,954
vCash: 592
Got the notification on my phone earlier. Stood up and did a couple Sutter fist pumps.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
  #59
theMajor
Registered User
 
theMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Country: United States
Posts: 874
vCash: 3066
so is Greener playing tonight??

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
  #60
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
so is Greener playing tonight??
Yes.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
  #61
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Got the notification on my phone earlier. Stood up and did a couple Sutter fist pumps.
same

Coworkers thought I saw a spider

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
  #62
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,700
vCash: 500
I was wondering if AMart re-tweaked something. It definitely explains why he got pulled out of the lineup, he was bad, but not Ellerbad.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
  #63
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 500
Greene Muzzin is what I want to see.

Oh if we only had Willie. Our D would take on epic proportions.

Doughty Mitchell Scuderi Greene Regher Voynov Muzzin Martinez

Where would that D rank in the NHL?

Doughty - Mitchell
Voynov - Regher
Muzzin - Greene
Martinez - Scuderi

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #64
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Wow Amart is such a champ, I didn't know he played with an injury, he probably came back cause our D was terrible. When he's 100% I want him to play with greene, none of these kids can replace him.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #65
KingsCorona
Registered User
 
KingsCorona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Man, I am SO happy to see Greene back.
I'm glad we've been able to put up goals unlike last season, but it has been night and day how much more shaky and mistake-prone our defense was compared to last season with Mitchel and Greene. Now that we have Regehr, who is playing pretty solidly, perhaps our D can look a bit more like it did last season. Combine this year's offensive production with even 90% of last season's defense and that's a pretty sexy ass team.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:56 PM
  #66
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,896
vCash: 500
Martinez was on the ice at practice, so I'm not sure how injured he is. Hopefully Muzzin and Greene find some chemistry quickly, otherwise, I'm thinking Martinez will be inserted back into the lineup if Muzzin struggles to play with Greene.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
  #67
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Greene Muzzin is what I want to see.

Oh if we only had Willie. Our D would take on epic proportions.

Doughty Mitchell Scuderi Greene Regher Voynov Muzzin Martinez

Where would that D rank in the NHL?

Doughty - Mitchell
Voynov - Regher
Muzzin - Greene
Martinez - Scuderi
If they had Mitchell, they wouldn't have Regher.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:48 PM
  #68
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Martinez was on the ice at practice, so I'm not sure how injured he is. Hopefully Muzzin and Greene find some chemistry quickly, otherwise, I'm thinking Martinez will be inserted back into the lineup if Muzzin struggles to play with Greene.
Lots of players practice while recovering/rehabbing from an injury so it doesn't mean much that he was there. His condition could also simply be improving.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:31 AM
  #69
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Lots of players practice while recovering/rehabbing from an injury so it doesn't mean much that he was there. His condition could also simply be improving.
Well seeing as how A-Mart was out there for warm-ups tonight ...

... I don't think they'll be putting him on IR ? most likely like you said, just
"With the trade deadline over we might just let him keep rehabbing the way he has been since we can carry extra players on the roster."

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
  #70
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Well seeing as how A-Mart was out there for warm-ups tonight ...

... I don't think they'll be putting him on IR ? most likely like you said, just
"With the trade deadline over we might just let him keep rehabbing the way he has been since we can carry extra players on the roster."
How many minutes did he play during the game?

Just sayin......

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:18 PM
  #71
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,338
vCash: 500
Oh don't get me wrong Tonellisghost, I wasn't even questioning your reporting, source's or insider knowledge in the least. I believe you that Martinez is injured, and in fact it makes the most sense as to why A-mart played poorly and why Sutter wasn't utilizing him over rookies like Muzz or Ellerby.

My only point being that as you also correctly mentioned, at this point in the season since the team is allowed the extra's on the roster there really is no need or reason to put him on IR, just let him continue to rehab alongside his teammates. Better for team morale and bonding and such, and will make his transition back that much faster should he be ready to go at some point during the playoffs ... as it seems at least from the pic above A-Mart can skate and help his team in that kind of capacity, unlike Mitchell who would be little else than a sideline cheerleader being unable to skate with the guys right now.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
  #72
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Oh don't get me wrong Tonellisghost, I wasn't even questioning your reporting, source's or insider knowledge in the least. I believe you that Martinez is injured, and in fact it makes the most sense as to why A-mart played poorly and why Sutter wasn't utilizing him over rookies like Muzz or Ellerby.

My only point being that as you also correctly mentioned, at this point in the season since the team is allowed the extra's on the roster there really is no need or reason to put him on IR, just let him continue to rehab alongside his teammates. Better for team morale and bonding and such ... as it seems at least from the pic above A-Mart can skate and help his team in that kind of capacity, unlike Mitchell who would be little else than a sideline cheerleader being unable to skate with the guys right now.
Now I have a mental image of WillieM as a cheeleader, I love Willie but eeeeewwwwww.

That reminds me, I need to pick up another magic 8 ball.


As always never any worries between us.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #73
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
Greene looked pretty good in his first game back. He can be a dominant physical force. He threw Umburger around last night like a rag doll. Also, did a pretty good job of moving the puck.

I know a lot of you like to bag on Muzzin and Ellerby, but both those guys are going to play in the NHL for a good long time.

I think Dean is looking at grooming Ellerby as a potential replacement for Scuderi. If the kid can learn to use his reach and have a good stick the way Scuderi does, I could see it happening somewhere down the line.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
  #74
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Oh don't get me wrong Tonellisghost, I wasn't even questioning your reporting, source's or insider knowledge in the least. I believe you that Martinez is injured, and in fact it makes the most sense as to why A-mart played poorly and why Sutter wasn't utilizing him over rookies like Muzz or Ellerby.

My only point being that as you also correctly mentioned, at this point in the season since the team is allowed the extra's on the roster there really is no need or reason to put him on IR, just let him continue to rehab alongside his teammates. Better for team morale and bonding and such, and will make his transition back that much faster should he be ready to go at some point during the playoffs ... as it seems at least from the pic above A-Mart can skate and help his team in that kind of capacity, unlike Mitchell who would be little else than a sideline cheerleader being unable to skate with the guys right now.
I'd so love to see that over of those green men in Vancouver.

Make it happen Dean!

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
  #75
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan
 
pens87jets7fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leesburg,VA
Country: United States
Posts: 475
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Greene looked pretty good in his first game back. He can be a dominant physical force. He threw Umburger around last night like a rag doll. Also, did a pretty good job of moving the puck.

I know a lot of you like to bag on Muzzin and Ellerby, but both those guys are going to play in the NHL for a good long time.

I think Dean is looking at grooming Ellerby as a potential replacement for Scuderi. If the kid can learn to use his reach and have a good stick the way Scuderi does, I could see it happening somewhere down the line.
The potential is there with Ellerby and he would be better than he is if Florida hadn't totally F**ked up his development.

pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.