HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

April 18th 2013 Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (RDS, TSN 690) 7:30PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Saundies

vCash: 500
Here's a game where it could all turn around, or just break us even more than we already are. A couple of things I'd like to see tonight, but am not confident that will happen:

1) Markov, Gorges, and Price play better - Markov has looked lost without Emelin, making absolutely horrible pinches at the wrong times (he's been doing it all year, it's just more noticeable now). Gorges has had a horrible stretch of games defensively, and when all you bring to the team is defense and you're sucking, you're pretty much useless. Price... speaks for itself right now.

2) DD-Patch-Gallagher NOT starting every single PP we have - This is the thing I know will not happen because they do every single time for some reason, but I wish it would stop. They just can't do anything out there most times. Mix it up for Richard's sake, MT.

3) Don't go down 2-0 in the first period- The newest habit our team has seemed to pick up.

If any or all of those 3 things happen, we might play okay and actually win a game.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Poor Gallagher.. gone get lead to slaughter if all he has is DD and Gionta with him.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Schwang

Great! Another 7 ft goalie! We NEVER do well against those over sized goalies! I swear, Tampa just picks up guys that only play well against us! Surprised they didn't call up Desjardins and Wyman! Oh well, they still have Pouliot and Pyatt.

This could be the first time in history I've shut off 4 Habs games in a row before they were finished.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:59 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
Great GDT

Our defense needs to rebound and rebound fast

Old
04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Great! Another 7 ft goalie! We NEVER do well against those over sized goalies! I swear, Tampa just picks up guys that only play well against us! Surprised they didn't call up Desjardins and Wyman! Oh well, they still have Pouliot and Pyatt.

This could be the first time in history I've shut off 4 Habs games in a row before they were finished.
I guess you missed the annual west coast trip/slump for the last 10 years.

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 04-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
I guess you missed the annual west coast trip/slump for the last 10 years.
ughhhhhh and those Florida roadtrips were never fun either. No matter how good the habs did at the beginning of the season, those two roadtrips (december and january) would ruin any momentum the habs would get in the second half

Old
04-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Old
04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
ughhhhhh and those Florida roadtrips were never fun either. No matter how good the habs did at the beginning of the season, those two roadtrips (december and january) would ruin any momentum the habs would get in the second half
My fear is that they're in that exact situation, we're at the equivalent of the halfway point of a normal season...

Old
04-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Kurplunk

Go Habs,,

Old
04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
At least tonight we don't have to worry about them getting pushed around since TB is not a physical team.

They still need to figure something out since it looks like they will be playing Toronto in the first round and if they get intimidated they're done.

Hopefully they can build some confidence this game and move forward and out of this putrid defensive slump.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:55 PM
IcemanTBI

Three words....

MUST... WIN... GAME.

They have to win this one. With Washington coming up on Saturday, and the remainder of the season being played on the road, they need to get the win tonight to get their confidence back.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:57 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Galchenyuk, from a passing/playmaking standpoint, would do wonders for the PP. His vision and the crisp, accurate passes he makes are fantastic, even at 19. Then add in the fact that he can shoot, one-time, and most importantly hold the puck down low (opening up the pointshot) makes me want to pull my hair out when MT doesn't put him out there.

I'd also like to see Pacioretty play with Plekanec. Every time he happens to be on the ice with Plek, he seems more effective and dangerous. This is because with DD, Pacioretty has to be the on the wall controlling the puck, which takes away his threat as the scorer/finisher. Despite all the changes we may want to see, we know MT is going to do his thing with DD (and Moen in a different way). He obviously has confidence in him and is going to use him in the top6 and PP. And while many of us don't see that as ideal or effective, here's a "compromise" of sorts that could work. (assuming Ryder is out)

Pacioretty-Plek-Gallagher: Pacioretty, as I said, looks better with Plekanec, who can hold onto the puck for longer than DD and allows Max to be the finisher. Gallagher gets to play as the only small guy on the line, and deserves 1st line icetime at this point IMO.

Galchenyuk-DD-Bourque: Size on the wings for DD, Galchenyuk can control the puck on the boards, like Max has, but he has way better hands and passing skills, so that role fits him more. Bourque is the replacement for what Max is supposed to be (Power Forward/Muscle) and while he's not as good as Max in general, I find him playing a bigger game at the moment.

Prust-Eller-Gionta: With Both Eller and Prust, Gionta has way more room to be the player he's supposed to be. All three defend very well and can be very physical and Agressive. This should be our Crash-and-Bang offesive line. None of these guys are great playmakers, but they can all score and if they forecheck and rush the opposition, it might negate that element to this line. At the very least, they can help shut down the opposition.

Moen-Halpern-Blunden/Dumont: Moen isn't going anywhere and unfortunately he doesn't look to be rebounding from a very poor season. Halpern is obvious here because he's been a fantastic 4C and Blunden and Dumont IMO are about equal in ability for the 4th line. Either can be in AFAIC but right now give Dumont a shot because he just scored his 1st goal and may be more versitle.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Bobby G

Nice work on these GDTs Moroccan!

Old
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The bad news.

We're playing another team with high offensive skill.

The good news.

The last time I played ball hockey during a game was the last game we won.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Stive Morgan
Poor As ****

vCash: 50
Just went all in on Tampa so obviously Montreal is going to win this one.

It's a win-win situation. If Tampa wins I get loads of vCash, is Montreal wins, Montreal wins.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:28 PM
habtastic

Looks like both teams are from the Shire.

Carey steals this one (doesn't necessarily mean SO)

Eller and Chucky 1g 1a each

Old
04-18-2013, 04:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalock View Post
Just went all in on Tampa so obviously Montreal is going to win this one.

It's a win-win situation. If Tampa wins I get loads of vCash, is Montreal wins, Montreal wins.
vCash?

Be a man and bet your mortgage payment.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
LucaGTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

Why? Anti jinx? But why the oilers?

Old
04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Bieber fever

Stamkos is going to win the richards because of this game

Old
04-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Stamkos is going to win the richards because of this game
Brad or Mike?

Old
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
DJ Breadman

They better get at least a point tonight or i'm going to break alot of **** in my house

Old
04-18-2013, 04:40 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
Why? Anti jinx? But why the oilers?
I didn't get that either. Just another example of a horrible blowout?

At least Boullion scored!

As much hate as he's getting, I actually like Cube and glad we re-signed him. He was never meant to play top 4 and particularly not with an aging Markov. He's very useful when used properly.

DD and Gionta get the hate because they are playing the positions they're supposed to play and sucking right now (they've been great for us in the past - they're underachieving, that's what draws the ire).

Old
04-18-2013, 04:41 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Brad or Mike?
LOL

Old
04-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think it's safe to say the lines will never be broken due to the DD line being untouchable, but I'd like to see:

Max Pacioretty – Tomas Plekanec – Brian Gionta
Rene Bourque – David Desharnais – Michael Ryder
Alex Galchenyuk – Lars Eller – Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen – Jeff Halpern – Brandon Prust

Desharnais hasn't assisted on a Pacioretty goal since February...time for some change to get them going. Desharnais still retains soft minute offensive role but gets Ryder as his go to shot. The 3rd line is the kid line which IMO will no doubt be buzzing in the offensive zone and on rushes.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:48 PM
habtastic

Just wondering why Ryder's natural position is RW.

He's a RH shot and since he doesn't that often have to pull the puck off the boards, rather be in position to shoot/one time, wouldn't LW suit him better. I remember most of his goals coming from the left side of the ice. Gio same thing, but opposite. A lot harder to score off a shot from the opposite wing to your handedness, no? Maybe personal preference, but when I don't play C, I prefer to play LW and I'm a righty.

Closed Thread