HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
x=other team
o=Rangers
H=Hank

Definitely the funniest post that rings sooooooooooooooo true I have ever had the pleasure of viewing on here . It in all seriousness should absolutely sent to every media outlet in NYC ...especially if it speeds up the can the Tort/Sather process .

Old
04-18-2013, 05:05 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Definitely the funniest post that rings sooooooooooooooo true I have ever had the pleasure of viewing on here . It in all seriousness should absolutely sent to every media outlet in NYC ...especially if it speeds up the can the Tort/Sather process .
HFNYR Member: Hey, media outlet, here's a silly MS paint drawing made on a hockey forum. This is proof that two professionals should lose their jobs.

Media Outlet: What's hockey?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:08 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
But then you give Torts credit for putting a hard working team on the ice. You can't have it both ways. Torts can't work with talent. He must have perfect attitude, great sized, hard nosed players, or he'll throw a tantrum. There is a cap on teams nowadays, you can't build a perfect team. A big part of the challenge is to make it work with flawed players.

Sure Torts could make it work if he had 7-8 guys like Getzlaf, Nash, Perry, E Staal, Malkin (?), E Kane, Towes and co, but I don't think that is a likely roster to get for a NHL team nowadays.
When did he ever throw a tantrum over not having certain kinds of players?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
HFNYR Member: Hey, media outlet, here's a silly MS paint drawing made on a hockey forum. This is proof that two professionals should lose their jobs.

Media Outlet: What's hockey?
Torts is a professional ?

Old
04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Solid points. In theory, I think Nash, Step and McD could carry the puck in nicely there. McD doesn't get much PP time for whatever reason. I think he should start getting more minutes there solely because of his ability to carry the puck in. They desperately need to find ways to carry to start the PP. They waste so much precious time trying to get the puck in the zone.
i think the skill required to carry the puck is a little overrated around here. we arent asking them to be malkin out there. any player should be able to carry the puck over the blue line competently. it just seems that every player on the team controls the puck like a hand grenade for some reason.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
esidebill

99% accurate. Straight from the locker room.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Laughing so hard at force field

Old
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If you want to put that Pittsburgh game in, go ahead. But anyone that watched that game knows it was a joke. More to the point, it obviously is a great deviation from the norm, and every game since then has shown that offensively, they arent much better. That's why they are still 27th in the league in scoring.
Why wouldnt you count that game?

They're now 5-2-1 since the trades with 3 goals or more in four of the 8 games.

They scored 3 or more in 4 of the previous 14 since the trades.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Laughing so hard at force field
Just enough space to get a wrap around.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Why wouldnt you count that game?

They're now 5-2-1 since the trades with 3 goals or more in four of the 8 games.

They scored 3 or more in 4 of the previous 14 since the trades.
These facts are inconvenient, as was the scoring yesterday.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Blueblood 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
These facts are inconvenient, as was the scoring yesterday.
Like when was the last time Gabby scored a goal and won a fight in the same game? Three for one trade was a nice move. Nash for Gabby straight up.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

why cant we just figure out an effective 131 instead of the ol' 2 1 2 with two useless pointmen with shots that 1) doesnt get through 2) goes wide and two players cycling the puck endlessly behind the net in no position to a) pass b) center c) shoot. and a guy posted 10 feet above the crease being covered by 3 others that will rush and eliminate immediately?

Old
04-19-2013, 03:36 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
why cant we just figure out an effective 131 instead of the ol' 2 1 2 with two useless pointmen with shots that 1) doesnt get through 2) goes wide and two players cycling the puck endlessly behind the net in no position to a) pass b) center c) shoot. and a guy posted 10 feet above the crease being covered by 3 others that will rush and eliminate immediately?
That would involve change which is something that stubborn people don't like.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

The point shots on the PP would be better if they knew how to make some space. Richie has a good shot from the point and actually has a pretty good one timer. He just hasn't had the space to do anything but maybe a wrister, which is like the equivalent of throwing a marble at the Great Wall Of China

Old
04-19-2013, 11:44 PM
The Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
99% accurate. Straight from the locker room.

This is Pure genius. I'm posting this on my FB page. esidebill you win the white carnation !

Old
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

18 goals over the last three games, torts is an offensive genius

Old
04-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Pizza

This thread = ****crickets****

Old
04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This thread = ****crickets****
Yep, because the torts haters and their little MS paint drawings have been debunked by reality.

Jam, grind, jam, jam, dump and chase, grind all the way to 18 goals in three games.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Leetch66

Yup...Torts is the hero LOL .

Old
04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Yep, because the torts haters and their little MS paint drawings have been debunked by reality.

Jam, grind, jam, jam, dump and chase, grind all the way to 18 goals in three games.

So, let me get this straight? They have good games against teams that are not playoff teams and all is forgiven? Two of the games the opposing team got godawful goaltending.

The Rangers still have systemic problems. They still have a tendency to force plays along the wall on the breakouts which will absolutely be exposed during the playoffs. They still defer the puck to the opposing team WAY too much.

I am happy that they are playing well. At the very least its made it somewhat less stressful to close the season.

But, Torts isn't some genius and the Rangers(although playing better)are more than likely not going deep. Unless of course, Torts proves me wrong and makes some significant adjustments to our system.

Now is not the time for backslaps and "I told you so's." Lets see what the Rangers do in the playoffs(knock on wood)before we pass judgement.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
So, let me get this straight? They have good games against teams that are not playoff teams and all is forgiven? Two of the games the opposing team got godawful goaltending.

The Rangers still have systemic problems. They still have a tendency to force plays along the wall on the breakouts which will absolutely be exposed during the playoffs. They still defer the puck to the opposing team WAY too much.

I am happy that they are playing well. At the very least its made it somewhat less stressful to close the season.

But, Torts isn't some genius and the Rangers(although playing better)are more than likely not going deep. Unless of course, Torts proves me wrong and makes some significant adjustments to our system.

Now is not the time for backslaps and "I told you so's." Lets see what the Rangers do in the playoffs(knock on wood)before we pass judgement.

Funny how the talk has changed from missing the playoffs to not going deep into them...

Old
04-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Dactyl

i will bet that boyles 1st game back he will be on the 3rd line (maybe 2nd) and it will be a loss. torts uses this guy horribly.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Funny how the talk has changed from missing the playoffs to not going deep into them...
It never changed. I personally don't care if the Rangers make the playoffs; only to get bounced in the first round. That could very easily happen if they face either Montreal or Pitt.

I haven't changed my mind about Torts. But there is a good chance that some of you that have been flip flopping will yet again call for his head in two weeks.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
18 goals over the last three games, torts is an offensive genius
Panthers
Sabres
Devils

Plan the parade routes.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
It never changed. I personally don't care if the Rangers make the playoffs; only to get bounced in the first round. That could very easily happen if they face either Montreal or Pitt.

I haven't changed my mind about Torts. But there is a good chance that some of you that have been flip flopping will yet again call for his head in two weeks.
Like clockwork.

Closed Thread