HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
  #601
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
x=other team
o=Rangers
H=Hank


Definitely the funniest post that rings sooooooooooooooo true I have ever had the pleasure of viewing on here . It in all seriousness should absolutely sent to every media outlet in NYC ...especially if it speeds up the can the Tort/Sather process .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  #602
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Definitely the funniest post that rings sooooooooooooooo true I have ever had the pleasure of viewing on here . It in all seriousness should absolutely sent to every media outlet in NYC ...especially if it speeds up the can the Tort/Sather process .
HFNYR Member: Hey, media outlet, here's a silly MS paint drawing made on a hockey forum. This is proof that two professionals should lose their jobs.

Media Outlet: What's hockey?

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 05:08 PM
  #603
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
But then you give Torts credit for putting a hard working team on the ice. You can't have it both ways. Torts can't work with talent. He must have perfect attitude, great sized, hard nosed players, or he'll throw a tantrum. There is a cap on teams nowadays, you can't build a perfect team. A big part of the challenge is to make it work with flawed players.

Sure Torts could make it work if he had 7-8 guys like Getzlaf, Nash, Perry, E Staal, Malkin (?), E Kane, Towes and co, but I don't think that is a likely roster to get for a NHL team nowadays.
When did he ever throw a tantrum over not having certain kinds of players?

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
  #604
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
HFNYR Member: Hey, media outlet, here's a silly MS paint drawing made on a hockey forum. This is proof that two professionals should lose their jobs.

Media Outlet: What's hockey?
Torts is a professional ?

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
  #605
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Solid points. In theory, I think Nash, Step and McD could carry the puck in nicely there. McD doesn't get much PP time for whatever reason. I think he should start getting more minutes there solely because of his ability to carry the puck in. They desperately need to find ways to carry to start the PP. They waste so much precious time trying to get the puck in the zone.
i think the skill required to carry the puck is a little overrated around here. we arent asking them to be malkin out there. any player should be able to carry the puck over the blue line competently. it just seems that every player on the team controls the puck like a hand grenade for some reason.

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
  #606
esidebill
Registered User
 
esidebill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
99% accurate. Straight from the locker room.


esidebill is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
  #607
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Laughing so hard at force field

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
  #608
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If you want to put that Pittsburgh game in, go ahead. But anyone that watched that game knows it was a joke. More to the point, it obviously is a great deviation from the norm, and every game since then has shown that offensively, they arent much better. That's why they are still 27th in the league in scoring.
Why wouldnt you count that game?

They're now 5-2-1 since the trades with 3 goals or more in four of the 8 games.

They scored 3 or more in 4 of the previous 14 since the trades.

GWOW is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
  #609
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Laughing so hard at force field
Just enough space to get a wrap around.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
  #610
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Why wouldnt you count that game?

They're now 5-2-1 since the trades with 3 goals or more in four of the 8 games.

They scored 3 or more in 4 of the previous 14 since the trades.
These facts are inconvenient, as was the scoring yesterday.

schabadoo is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:36 PM
  #611
Blueblood 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
These facts are inconvenient, as was the scoring yesterday.
Like when was the last time Gabby scored a goal and won a fight in the same game? Three for one trade was a nice move. Nash for Gabby straight up.

Blueblood 2 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
  #612
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
why cant we just figure out an effective 131 instead of the ol' 2 1 2 with two useless pointmen with shots that 1) doesnt get through 2) goes wide and two players cycling the puck endlessly behind the net in no position to a) pass b) center c) shoot. and a guy posted 10 feet above the crease being covered by 3 others that will rush and eliminate immediately?

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:36 PM
  #613
mattyd99
Registered User
 
mattyd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
why cant we just figure out an effective 131 instead of the ol' 2 1 2 with two useless pointmen with shots that 1) doesnt get through 2) goes wide and two players cycling the puck endlessly behind the net in no position to a) pass b) center c) shoot. and a guy posted 10 feet above the crease being covered by 3 others that will rush and eliminate immediately?
That would involve change which is something that stubborn people don't like.

mattyd99 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
  #614
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
The point shots on the PP would be better if they knew how to make some space. Richie has a good shot from the point and actually has a pretty good one timer. He just hasn't had the space to do anything but maybe a wrister, which is like the equivalent of throwing a marble at the Great Wall Of China

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 11:44 PM
  #615
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
99% accurate. Straight from the locker room.

This is Pure genius. I'm posting this on my FB page. esidebill you win the white carnation !

The Mouth is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
  #616
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
18 goals over the last three games, torts is an offensive genius

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:28 PM
  #617
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
This thread = ****crickets****

Pizza is online now  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
  #618
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This thread = ****crickets****
Yep, because the torts haters and their little MS paint drawings have been debunked by reality.

Jam, grind, jam, jam, dump and chase, grind all the way to 18 goals in three games.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
  #619
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Yup...Torts is the hero LOL .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
  #620
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Yep, because the torts haters and their little MS paint drawings have been debunked by reality.

Jam, grind, jam, jam, dump and chase, grind all the way to 18 goals in three games.

So, let me get this straight? They have good games against teams that are not playoff teams and all is forgiven? Two of the games the opposing team got godawful goaltending.

The Rangers still have systemic problems. They still have a tendency to force plays along the wall on the breakouts which will absolutely be exposed during the playoffs. They still defer the puck to the opposing team WAY too much.

I am happy that they are playing well. At the very least its made it somewhat less stressful to close the season.

But, Torts isn't some genius and the Rangers(although playing better)are more than likely not going deep. Unless of course, Torts proves me wrong and makes some significant adjustments to our system.

Now is not the time for backslaps and "I told you so's." Lets see what the Rangers do in the playoffs(knock on wood)before we pass judgement.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
  #621
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
So, let me get this straight? They have good games against teams that are not playoff teams and all is forgiven? Two of the games the opposing team got godawful goaltending.

The Rangers still have systemic problems. They still have a tendency to force plays along the wall on the breakouts which will absolutely be exposed during the playoffs. They still defer the puck to the opposing team WAY too much.

I am happy that they are playing well. At the very least its made it somewhat less stressful to close the season.

But, Torts isn't some genius and the Rangers(although playing better)are more than likely not going deep. Unless of course, Torts proves me wrong and makes some significant adjustments to our system.

Now is not the time for backslaps and "I told you so's." Lets see what the Rangers do in the playoffs(knock on wood)before we pass judgement.

Funny how the talk has changed from missing the playoffs to not going deep into them...

schabadoo is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:52 PM
  #622
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,196
vCash: 500
i will bet that boyles 1st game back he will be on the 3rd line (maybe 2nd) and it will be a loss. torts uses this guy horribly.

Dactyl is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
  #623
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Funny how the talk has changed from missing the playoffs to not going deep into them...
It never changed. I personally don't care if the Rangers make the playoffs; only to get bounced in the first round. That could very easily happen if they face either Montreal or Pitt.

I haven't changed my mind about Torts. But there is a good chance that some of you that have been flip flopping will yet again call for his head in two weeks.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:59 PM
  #624
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
18 goals over the last three games, torts is an offensive genius
Panthers
Sabres
Devils

Plan the parade routes.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
  #625
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
It never changed. I personally don't care if the Rangers make the playoffs; only to get bounced in the first round. That could very easily happen if they face either Montreal or Pitt.

I haven't changed my mind about Torts. But there is a good chance that some of you that have been flip flopping will yet again call for his head in two weeks.
Like clockwork.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.