HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 14 | Breaking Oilers: Krazy 8(th overall pick?)

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 02:04 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Too much. Orpik has really dropped off these past few seasons.
I don't really get this. This year and last year he played 22 minutes a night. The two years before 20 minutes.

Something tells me he is worth a 2nd and 3rd still.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM
stoff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Appalling overpay for Lucic and that contract.
I get people's love for him but if he is a healthy scratch a some points, i agree with you that it's an overpay. We have to buy low with him.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Koto

the thing with lucic for me is, if he ever does become available massive alarm bells are going off.....why would they ever trade him unless they believe he's about to become massively overpaid compared to what hes producing.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:16 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
the thing with lucic for me is, if he ever does become available massive alarm bells are going off.....why would they ever trade him unless they believe he's about to become massively overpaid compared to what hes producing.
That's my concern too. But they may just believe he has more value in what he can bring back than what he is to the team.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Un-sourced rumours out of Boston(so LARGE grain of salt with this), say that Lucic has mentally checked out on Boston and wants to raise his kid near his parents. Calgary wouldn't be his first choice and I can't see him ever playing for the Canucks.

Hemsky + Hartikainen + 1st 2014 + 2nd in 2015 for Lucic?

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Lucic - Gagner - Eberle

That's a decent top 6
I'd do that deal in a second, and honestly think it might be a bit of an underpay given Lucic's perceived ability around the league by other GMs, even if it ends up being an overpay to his actual contributions.

The contract he has is a major risk, but Mact did say he wanted to expose the franchise to risk.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Maybe the family issue is true?

It's really an interesting situation. Boston is close to the cap, maybe this is a Kessel situation. Move him for cap reasons and re-stock the cupboards.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i doubt they get ONE of them, let alone all three

clarkson is going to get paid way, way, way too much as well... the guy is a career 0.4 PPG player who has had exactly 3 decent seasons, and has never really had a great season... this is also his only real chance (as age 29) at a large pay-day.... he'll be swinging for the fences and will go the highest bidder... count me out on clarkson, i want nothing to do with him at the 5+ he's going to get
I have a feeling that the Oilers are going to get Streit on a three year deal... and they should only be giving him a two year deal..

He has ties with Ralph Krueger so RK will have a big influence on whether or not he comes I bet.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 33m
Lucic, from fourth line on third floor at TD Garden, to front row in ninth-floor press box?

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 56m
Milan Lucic dropped to 5th line at Bruins practice & trending toward a healthy scratch amid difficult yr

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...ealthy-scratch

Lucic is 100% in the dog house. I don't think we have a perfect fit with Boston alone, but what about a 3 way deal?

To PHX:
Gagner
Harski
N Schultz (Edm retains 1 mil salary)
Edm 2nd

To Bos:
Yandle

To Edm:
Lucic
Boychuk
Peverly
Horrible for Boston, amazing for us.. Go figure.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:35 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
That's the reason most guys get dealt, is it not? If they could deal him to shore up other areas (PP is abysmal, cap issues, scoring depth) it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I have a feeling that the Oilers are going to get Streit on a three year deal... and they should only be giving him a two year deal..

He has ties with Ralph Krueger so RK will have a big influence on whether or not he comes I bet.
I doubt Streit even signs for 2 years.. as a UFA he will have plenty of interest. More teams vying for him= higher $$ and longer term.

Many UFA's require an overpay.. especially those joining a team that is consistently near the bottom of the league.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Horrible for Boston, amazing for us.. Go figure.
amazing for the Yotes too. Oilers get pretty fair value, with some risk in Lucic. PHX gets the most, by far. and the Bruins get the worst of it.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Smartguy

vCash: 580
The way I see it on lucic is to get him it's going to have to be a huge overpayment. Im guessing start with our first this year and prv and keep adding. I would love a deal for him so I'm probably going to say an overpayment isn't a bad idea hopefully he picks up his play though, but that's risk

Old
04-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Moose Coleman

If I'm going to roll the dice on someone out of Boston, it's Horton. Similar issues around consistency (also injury), but wouldn't have to give up any assets to get him.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Asher

Quote:
If I'm going to roll the dice on someone out of Boston, it's Horton. Similar issues around consistency (also injury), but wouldn't have to give up any assets to get him.
He'd be my first choice too. If you didn't mind an older guy, there's another RW in Pittsburgh who might be a UFA this summer.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
If Lucic actually is available this summer, just get the deal done. If we get him cheap, great. If we have to overpay, so be it. We're not talking about a guy you can pick up anytime you want. There's one of him in the league. Jump on the opportunity. Sure we can get Horton (and I've been pushing him more than anyone), but its just not the same.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:12 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
He'd be my first choice too. If you didn't mind an older guy, there's another RW in Pittsburgh who might be a UFA this summer.
I wouldn't even care if he came here and was terrible. That would be the greatest troll signing ever

04-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
I don't think anyone's taking over Florida and Colorado's draft positions.. With our schedule we could easily be in 3rd by the end of the year. If FLA takes Jones, COL takes Drouin we take MacKinnon. Trade Gagner for Gardiner. Toronto will lose Bozak to Free Agency and they have a lot coming on defense.

Sign Bickell, Ference, Bordeleau
Trade for Boyle

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Paajarvi - MacKinnon - Yakupov
Bickell - Horcoff - Hartikainen
Bordeleau - Boyle - Brown
Petrell, Smithson

Gardiner - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
Ference - N. Schultz
Fistric

Old
04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Harley

I hope Mac T is thinking like me and adding our first round pick to our fab 5 making it a sweet 6. I bet he is totally thinking of moving it. But in a deep and very strong draft that pick (what is it now top 7?) could very well be a stud #2 D man or a legit big framed #2 centre. It just may be 3 years longer than he may want to wait for it to pay big dividends.

With impatience comes mistakes. He better not be starting off his tenure by making a big mistake just because he bodly expressed to all of us that he is a man of action. Every GM in the league is going to test his mettle over the next 6 months. Sometimes inaction is frustrating. But its still better than getting hosed in value on a stupid short sighted trade just trying to back up your false bravado.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't think anyone's taking over Florida and Colorado's draft positions.. With our schedule we could easily be in 3rd by the end of the year. If FLA takes Jones, COL takes Drouin we take MacKinnon. Trade Gagner for Gardiner. Toronto will lose Bozak to Free Agency and they have a lot coming on defense.

Sign Bickell, Ference, Bordeleau
Trade for Boyle

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Paajarvi - MacKinnon - Yakupov
Bickell - Horcoff - Hartikainen
Bordeleau - Boyle - Brown
Petrell, Smithson

Gardiner - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
Ference - N. Schultz
Fistric

It looks like a roster that's going to receive another lottery pick in 2014.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
shogun99

Signing Iginla would be the greatest thing ever. That would be like Calgary signing Messier.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:31 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I hope Mac T is thinking like me and adding our first round pick to our fab 5 making it a sweet 6. I bet he is totally thinking of moving it. But in a deep and very strong draft that pick (what is it now top 7?) could very well be a stud #2 D man or a legit big framed #2 centre. It just may be 3 years longer than he may want to wait for it to pay big dividends.

With impatience comes mistakes. He better not be starting off his tenure by making a big mistake just because he bodly expressed to all of us that he is a man of action. Every GM in the league is going to test his mettle over the next 6 months. Sometimes inaction is frustrating. But its still better than getting hosed in value on a stupid short sighted trade just trying to back up your false bravado.
The problem is in 3 years MacT could be fired.

I don't think he's just going to move that top pick for nothing. It will be for something that can help us now and long-term.

This team has spent enough time being patient and as MacT has stated it's time to start making the bold moves.

Maybe they don't move the #1, but they will explore that option as they should.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:36 PM
BowDangles

Judging by trade deadline talk I think we can almost guarantee that Max Talbot will be an Oiler this summer. Unless he is a player that only Tambo wanted..

I wonder what the cost to get him is?

Old
04-18-2013, 03:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Appalling overpay for Lucic and that contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
I get people's love for him but if he is a healthy scratch a some points, i agree with you that it's an overpay. We have to buy low with him.
Other teams will bid if Lucic is available. If anything I thought my offer might be a bit low. In terms of contracts, we'd be moving out a bit more than we took back.

Lucic is the most quintessential power forward in the league right now. He's the ideal 2nd line LW for this team. If he's available and it doesn't require any of the big 5, we have to chase him.

In 2-3 years,

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Lucic - Gagner - Eberle
XXX - XXX - Paajarvi
XXX - XXX - XXX

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - J Schultz
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

could a cup contending core.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Other teams will bid if Lucic is available. If anything I thought my offer might be a bit low. In terms of contracts, we'd be moving out a bit more than we took back.

Lucic is the most quintessential power forward in the league right now. He's the ideal 2nd line LW for this team. If he's available and it doesn't require any of the big 5, we have to chase him.

In 2-3 years,

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Lucic - Gagner - Eberle
XXX - XXX - Paajarvi
XXX - XXX - XXX

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - J Schultz
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

These XXX players... Do they come with clothes on?

Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

In 2-3 years,

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Lucic - Gagner - Eberle
XXX - XXX - Paajarvi
XXX - XXX - XXX

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - J Schultz
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

I have to agree. I'm kinda scared to what people think Harti's value is. Hemksy isn't all that much in value and then you have picks which are just that.

They got two 1sts for Kessel. So 1st prospect, contract and a 2nd doesn't seem like an overpayment.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:03 PM
BowDangles

Quote:

In 2-3 years,

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Lucic - Gagner - Eberle
XXX - XXX - Paajarvi
XXX - XXX - XXX

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - J Schultz
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

Not with that defence.. Klefbom is going to need to be sheltered at first. They need a #1 dman to have a strong enough D

Closed Thread