HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 03:38 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Per Tim P-snatchio.....

Funny ..seems to me Snider is an obstinate fool doubling down on failure because he is afraid to admit failure with Bryz. Umm Yeah Ed...Bryz was ALL Holmgren's idea...right.

So Richards and Carter were ousted b/c they couldn't afford to fire another coach...now if this is correct the coach is gone and we keep the player(s)?

Jeesh..Bipolarity reigns supreme in Flyer land

We shall see

Quote:
...... I keep hearing from people far above the coaching staff that Bryz is staying. Yes, he didn't get with coach Peter Laviolette so that tells you who is likely NOT staying, given the season, overall.

The owner, Ed Snider, loves this guy and supports this guy. Those close to Snider says he tells everyone that Bryzgalov will be fine "if" the Flyers fill their glaring holes on defense.

Defense is what this summer will mainly concern. Remember, it was Snider who brought Bryz here and gave him all that money and insisted that the club lockup a goalie long term to stop the carousel between the nets that has been going on since ... well, since the departure of Ron Hextall, to be honest.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...g-Term/2/50952

Old
04-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Ah, OK. So...what's the plan. Try to force a defensive system onto a team not really built for it, to cover the deficiencies of your precious goalie? Trade our best forwards for a #1 D? Sounds good, I wasn't hoping to see a Cup anytime soon anyways.

04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Ed just go to the kiddie table and let the grow ups handle the business.

Snider's starting to remind of the looney old Cubs owner in "The Rookie of the Year".

Old
04-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I can't wait to see how awful this team is with a Dead Puck coach at the helm. I wonder if they'll be trading this year's first along with other young players/prospects for a defenseman? I'm sure they'll go for someone older, too.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can't wait to see how awful this team is with a Dead Puck coach at the helm. I wonder if they'll be trading this year's first along with other young players/prospects for a defenseman? I'm sure they'll go for someone older, too.
Trade both firsts to acquire the rights to Nicklas Lidstrom

04-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Trade both firsts to acquire the rights to Nicklas Lidstrom
Or both Schenns and the first to get Chara.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Devastate

I would actually rather see Bryz gone instea dof Lavy. I actually like Lavy.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:20 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I would actually rather see Bryz gone instea dof Lavy. I actually like Lavy.
They should both go IMO.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:43 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Per Tim P-snatchio.....

Funny ..seems to me Snider is an obstinate fool doubling down on failure because he is afraid to admit failure with Bryz. Umm Yeah Ed...Bryz was ALL Holmgren's idea...right.

So Richards and Carter were ousted b/c they couldn't afford to fire another coach...now if this is correct the coach is gone and we keep the player(s)?

Jeesh..Bipolarity reigns supreme in Flyer land

We shall see
What would you expect Snyder to say? "I f...ed up, forgive me"?

These statements allow Snyder to keep his face and amnesty Bryz later as a business decision.

On the other note, since when this forum started trusting anything Timmy says?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
spudnick

If Bryz is here next season I hope the same thing I hoped for this season that came true. ABSOLUTE FAILURE by Bryz. If he is still here I hope PH is forced to trade a young stud because of the cap. If Bryz remains and they try to build a system to fit him I hope it FAILS miserably. If it Yandle for Coots to help Bryz I hope Coots wins the Selke and a cup and Yandle either has a injury ala Pronger or absolutely falters and pulls a Wade Redden.

That is how much I hate Bryz. I also hope the Flyers miss the playoffs every year Bryz is here. I have never hated a flyer or hockey player for that matter so much. I would get down and lick the toe jam out of Sidney Crosby's feet if it meant Bryz is gone.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
If Bryz is here next season I hope the same thing I hoped for this season that came true. ABSOLUTE FAILURE by Bryz. If he is still here I hope PH is forced to trade a young stud because of the cap. If Bryz remains and they try to build a system to fit him I hope it FAILS miserably. If it Yandle for Coots to help Bryz I hope Coots wins the Selke and a cup and Yandle either has a injury ala Pronger or absolutely falters and pulls a Wade Redden.

That is how much I hate Bryz. I also hope the Flyers miss the playoffs every year Bryz is here. I have never hated a flyer or hockey player for that matter so much. I would get down and lick the toe jam out of Sidney Crosby's feet if it meant Bryz is gone.
wow...why would you wish such things for the team you are supposedly a fan of? Just cause you don't like a player on it? I can't believe i seriously just read this.

Hand over your Flyers fan card

Old
04-18-2013, 05:51 PM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
wow...why would you wish such things for the team you are supposedly a fan of? Just cause you don't like a player on it? I can't believe i seriously just read this.

Hand over your Flyers fan card
Can't stand him. I want the Flyers to do well an love seeing Mason play so good. In the beginning of the year I was pissed when Bryz was doing well and I get happy when he lets in al kinds of goals. I love seeing his sv% below .900. I hope, no pray that the Flyers lose tonight. Not for the draft pick but to watch Bryz fail. I hope he lets in another 4 goals tonight. If Mason were playing I would be rooting for him and routing for a shut out even if it mean finishing just out if the playoffs an getting a bad pick

Last edited by spudnick: 04-18-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 06:19 PM
FLYERSFAN18

I honestly don't think I would be upset if we went into next season with a Mason/Eriksson tandem. Even though I really like Bryz the person he hasn't really solved our goaltending problems and to have a caphit 5.6 million that is unacceptable. It would almost be back to square one, but this time we would have a couple very talented young goalies(one of which has a lot of NHL experience) instead of old washed up or never was goalies like Boucher and Leighton

Old
04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Can't stand him. I want the Flyers to do well an love seeing Mason play so good. In the beginning of the year I was pissed when Bryz was doing well and I get happy when he lets in al kinds of goals. I love seeing his sv% below .900. I hope, no pray that the Flyers lose tonight. Not for the draft pick but to watch Bryz fail. I hope he lets in another 4 goals tonight. If Mason were playing I would be rooting for him and routing for a shut out even if it mean finishing just out if the playoffs an getting a bad pick
Lousy fan. I can unabashedly say that without thinking twice.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:39 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I honestly don't think I would be upset if we went into next season with a Mason/Eriksson tandem. Even though I really like Bryz the person he hasn't really solved our goaltending problems and to have a caphit 5.6 million that is unacceptable. It would almost be back to square one, but this time we would have a couple very talented young goalies(one of which has a lot of NHL experience) instead of old washed up or never was goalies like Boucher and Leighton
Quote:
Concur (both)

Old
04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
spudnick

Quote:
Don't care. Want Bryz gone NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

What's funny is you were probably jumping from nut to nut when I was a fan

Old
04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Don't care. Want Bryz gone NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

What's funny is you were probably jumping from nut to nut when I was a fan
I was created from the DNA of dinosaurs.

Are you just angry about Russian people?

Old
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
spudnick

Quote:
I was created from the DNA of dinosaurs.

Are you just angry about Russian people?
LOL, just Bryz. I see no reason to keep him and his 5.6 mil cap hit. You can get the same calibre of play from a goalie making league minimum. Keeping him stop us from improving this team.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:01 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Team sucked against the Devils and Bryz played mediocre. 2nd goal was garbage and he wasn't really overly tested considering the Devils have a putrid offense anyway

Old
04-18-2013, 09:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Team sucked against the Devils and Bryz played mediocre. 2nd goal was garbage and he wasn't really overly tested considering the Devils have a putrid offense anyway
They outshot us and outchanced us. A .933 SV% and just over 2 GAA is fine. A bunch kept saying he would give up 3 or more, but Bryz did come to play, even if the 5 hole goal may be weak. And it wasn't even the winning goal, because the Flyers scored none. The team in front of Bryz was worse than he was by quite a fair margin tonight.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
They outshot us and outchanced us. A .933 SV% and just over 2 GAA is fine. A bunch kept saying he would give up 3 or more, but Bryz did come to play, even if the 5 hole goal may be weak. And it wasn't even the winning goal, because the Flyers scored none. The team in front of Bryz was worse than he was by quite a fair margin tonight.
Panotch failed to mention that Snider and SolidSnake (and obviously BP1974) "love" Bryz...

Anyway, yeah the whole team sucked but he couldn't step up beyond mediocrity...

Old
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Mgkibbles

For the 1000th game this season. Bryz wasn't the problem, nor was he the solution. Mediocrity has the third highest cap hit on the team. Recipe for success, obviously.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
For the 1000th game this season. Bryz wasn't the problem, nor was he the solution. Mediocrity has the third highest cap hit on the team. Recipe for success, obviously.
This is more or less what it is. He doesn't help, but he doesn't really hamper as much either. Players other than the goalie, and hell, possibly staff (Lavy?) bares responsibility as well for a horrendous loss like this.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
This is more or less what it is. He doesn't help, but he doesn't really hamper as much either. Players other than the goalie, and hell, possibly staff (Lavy?) bares responsibility as well for a horrendous loss like this.
Then he doesn't need to be on the team taking up 5.6 on the cap. We can find someone to do that who doesn't make nearly as much

Old
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I disagree. Bryz hampers just as much as anyone else, those weakass goals are deflating.

Closed Thread