HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Wild gets Jason Pominville, '14 4th for Larsson, Hackett 13' 1st + '14 2nd Part 2

Old
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Averman
Ya, Yeo Betcha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I'm pretty curious to see how Gilmour looks next season at BC. Kid has size and can score. If he pans out, he could be that #2C in the future.
Yeah, trading Larsson makes it pretty imperative that at least one of Phillips, Haula, Graovac or Gilmour pans out and manages to stick at center. The center cupboard isn't quite as bare as those succumbing to chicken little-dom are making it out to be, even though Larsson was the surest bet of the group by a good margin.

Averman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
mnwildgophers

Pominville has 8 points in 7 games with us and has allowed us to roll 3 scoring lines much easier. It seems like every line is a threat right now. I like the idea of having Pominville who is a 1st liner on our "3rd" line being able to contribute to the scoring.

Granlund-Brodz-Pominville next year?

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Pominville has 8 points in 7 games with us and has allowed us to roll 3 scoring lines much easier. It seems like every line is a threat right now. I like the idea of having Pominville who is a 1st liner on our "3rd" line being able to contribute to the scoring.

For sure. Not sure about the line combination as i cant watch the games right now but just the fact that pommer played with Hecht on either his left wing or as center for many year speaks for this being an option. Maybe he'll only be a 65 point player this way, but that might be quite good if the team has multiple scoring lines. I just wonder if he one day could be on some line scoring 35 goals and 50 assists, that would be great.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
For sure. Not sure about the line combination as i cant watch the games right now but just the fact that pommer played with Hecht on either his left wing or as center for many year speaks for this being an option. Maybe he'll only be a 65 point player this way, but that might be quite good if the team has multiple scoring lines. I just wonder if he one day could be on some line scoring 35 goals and 50 assists, that would be great.
I only say that line because Parise-Koivu-Coyle looked much better than when Pominville was on the line, and right now Bouchard is with Brodziak and Pominville, so Granlund for Bouchard and keep the 2nd line intact.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Granlund-Brodz-Pominville
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

That's some solid forward lines going into next year.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Abraham85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
He very well could have. Not right now, next year and beyond.
I think he'll prove to be Sami Pahlsson II (at best). Great checker and penalty killer but you don't want to play him on the second line unless you really have to. Phillips or Graovac have shown way more upside when it comes to creating offense. They are a couple years away, but they'll hopefully be there some day.

Abraham85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
I only say that line because Parise-Koivu-Coyle looked much better than when Pominville was on the line, and right now Bouchard is with Brodziak and Pominville, so Granlund for Bouchard and keep the 2nd line intact.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Granlund-Brodz-Pominville
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

That's some solid forward lines going into next year.
Mhm, the most important thing is the team does well. That was definetely the way the Sabres got to two straight Conference Finals in 2006 and 2007. Loads of young home-grown players and some semi-veteran stars like Briere, Drury and Afinogenov. A pretty good goalie of course.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-17-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old
04-17-2013, 04:17 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:

Agreed. Pommer seems to get Brodziak going again, which is awesome. And he seems to be the kind of player that can carry a line by himself, or at least, make be an offensive threat.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Agreed. Pommer seems to get Brodziak going again, which is awesome. And he seems to be the kind of player that can carry a line by himself, or at least, make be an offensive threat.
We should'nt get ahead of ourselves here. He can be very streaky and especially when that happens it's important that the defensive part of the line works well.

What kind of player is Brodziak, is he defensively sound? Maybe he can be the new Hecht and let Pominville play offensively and help out some at defending as well. Hopefully Granlund can become a good offensive support as well, if he's the third wheel.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Beegoalie

Pominville on the third line is obviously working right now but he is no "Third line player." He's been a top line player his whole career. Right now this might be the best offensive team we've ever had here. Add a healthy Heatley and this team has some serious scoring punch

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Beegoalie

I think it should be noted that based on ice time Bouchard-Brodziak-Pominville are actually our "second line"

Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi average about 2 minutes less even strength time than our "third line" since Pominville has joined the Brodziak line.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:50 PM
DANOZ28

pommer may be doing well now but if he doesnt re-sign in a year we got F'd after giving up 4 assets for aprox 100 games.

DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
pommer may be doing well now but if he doesnt re-sign in a year we got F'd after giving up 4 assets for aprox 100 games.
Not if it means making the playoffs this year and next. His contributions have been pretty significant so far.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:27 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
It was a combination of Pommer getting on that line and Cal getting moved down to the 4th line. Bouchard is enough of a suckhole player as there is... except Brodz was having to deal with a pair of them when Cal was there too.

No offense to Cal... but Cal has no offense.... ok bad pun.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:30 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Pominville is God.

That is all there is to say about him.

D U M B A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
I think it should be noted that based on ice time Bouchard-Brodziak-Pominville are actually our "second line"

Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi average about 2 minutes less even strength time than our "third line" since Pominville has joined the Brodziak line.
Keep in mind... Bouchard, Brodziak and Pomminville all get PP time and Brodziak and Pomminville both get PK time, where as Zucker got his first taste of PP time last game, Setoguchi only gets PP time, and Cullen gets both PP and PK time.

You have to look at even strength time alone if you want to truly identify a true second line by ice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D U M B A View Post
Pominville is God.

That is all there is to say about him.
Nice Avatar... but you failed to place the location of Pomminville in the state! Missed opportunity!

Old
04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
i doubt Leipold will look at it that way if we're in the playoffs both years.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:51 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Keep in mind... Bouchard, Brodziak and Pomminville all get PP time and Brodziak and Pomminville both get PK time, where as Zucker got his first taste of PP time last game, Setoguchi only gets PP time, and Cullen gets both PP and PK time.

You have to look at even strength time alone if you want to truly identify a true second line by ice time.

Nice Avatar... but you failed to place the location of Pomminville in the state! Missed opportunity!
I like the avatar too but I didn't make it. You're going to be surprised but a Canucks fan actually messaged me that avatar today after I requested it.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:55 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
I like the avatar too but I didn't make it. You're going to be surprised but a Canucks fan actually messaged me that avatar today after I requested it.
Not surprised... but I still say it's a missed opportunity. I mean come on... when we welcomed him, we welcomed the POPULATION! The population needs to have a location within the state now right? Just place a star somewhere... maybe Pomminville is the new State Capital!

Old
04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Not surprised... but I still say it's a missed opportunity. I mean come on... when we welcomed him, we welcomed the POPULATION! The population needs to have a location within the state now right? Just place a star somewhere... maybe Pomminville is the new State Capital!
In the right eye. That would be so perfect.

04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:

Thats why I did..notice where I said about 2 minutes more Even strength TOI in my post

Old
04-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Ladde

Yeah its like this cause of Pomms.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Brodziak-Pominville
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Granlund-Mitchell-Clutterbuck

Ladde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
He doesn't get it

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Djp

Quote:

I am a Buffalo fan.....

Technically it was 2 prospects, 2 picks for Pominville and a pick...a 4 for 2.

Likely buffalo asked for your other young goalie and they said Hackett so as a trade off they flipped 2014 picks (about a 50 spot flip)

As for some other comments I have seen.....

Pominville is not a 3rd liner. He has played on the 1st or 2nd line throughout much of his career. Most of the time He didnt play on the same line as Vanek to balance out the scoring on lines.

He is strong on the PP and PK. He hasnt done this in a while, but during his first few years he was the emergency Dman in case someone went down.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:24 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
He doesn't get it
Are you referring to me? Because I understand his point and thought it was a creative idea. But I didn't make the avatar, so I'm not going to run the suggestion by the person who created it because they didn't have to make it in the first place.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Are you referring to me? Because I understand his point and thought it was a creative idea. But I didn't make the avatar, so I'm not going to run the suggestion by the person who created it because they didn't have to make it in the first place.
Haha i was the one who didn't get it. I thought he meant to change your location to Pominville instead of Minnesota.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote