Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Svedberg wins Baz Bastien Award as AHL's top keeper

Old
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
NastyNate17

vCash: 500
Given Rask's track record not only health wise, but performance wise I think he's going to be a great 50-55 game per year starter. When we go back to an 82 game schedule that leaves alot of games for whoever our back up is to get significantly more playing time than other backups do. Svedberg and Rask could be a great combo in a few years. I still like Khudobin in the meantime however I do understand it might be difficult/impossible to keep him. I'd like to see Svedberg get some spot starts at the NHL level before entrusting him with a 30 game a year role. I wonder who might be available on the FA market just to give Svedberg another year of development before thrusting him into the rotation?

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Man, some people don't realize how lucky we have it

Since Rask came into the league, he has the highest save percentage and lowest GAA out of ANY GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE that has played over 100 games. Yet people still want to trade him for a guy in his first year in the AHL, who is doing well, but is doing well at the AHL level.

Some of you would rather trade a guy who is a proven NHL STAR LEVEL goalie who is almost unanimously a Vezina nominee, so that we can have a guy who is currently an AHL goalie be our starter? Absolutely ridiculous.
He's also proven very easy to score on when it matters most. He has a lot to prove. All goalies put up good #'s for julien. I need more from tuukka to give more than $5 mill on a cap strapped team.

Not saying he won't do it. He has a huge test coming up in a couple weeks. But just stating his #'s doesn't tell the whole story with tuukka & the bruins.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
missingchicklet

Ideally I would like to see Rask and Dobby next season since they are both a known quantity. If that does not work out financially then I am cool with Rask/Svedberg. It's possible that a Dobby/Svedberg combo would be good, but geesh, that's a gamble considering Svedberg hasn't been playing in the NHL, and Dobby is not exactly proven over the long haul. Tough to roll the dice on those two when you have one of the best tenders in the NHL in Rask. The great thing is that we have awesome depth at goalie within the organization.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Kirk tweeted last week that he was hearing that the B's are working on a 5 yr deal that would average 5 mil per. I would be very happy with that, and anticipate Khudobin leaving for a starting gig or the KHL this offseason. I think Svedberg will be a good backup for Rask next year, but I'm not ready to band the reins over to him and Khudobin.

It's funny that a ton people were skeptical about Rask taking over for Thomas and now people are ready to jettison Rask for Khudobin and/or Svedberg who both have resumes that are far less impressive than Rask's was prior to this season?

5 for 5 would be absolutely terrific.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Hazi

Rask's future and new paycheck will be determined by how well he does in the playoffs. It also depends on how much the organization values him with the depth the B's have in that position. If the B's can get him for 5mill for 5 years, I'd do it. Anything more than 5.5+million I would have to think about.

Hazi is offline   Reply With Quote