HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea Weber Proposals - Have a fantasy? Put it here!

Old
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
i think edmonton is one of the few teams that could land weber actually. if mactavish is gonna make "bold" moves, what's more bold than acquiring weber? weber would change that franchise forever. he's just a step or two above "the big five".. if weber was actually available (highly, highly doubtful), id be very surprised if edmonton wasnt one of the teams in on it

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:31 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i think edmonton is one of the few teams that could land weber actually. if mactavish is gonna make "bold" moves, what's more bold than acquiring weber? weber would change that franchise forever. he's just a step or two above "the big five".. if weber was actually available (highly, highly doubtful), id be very surprised if edmonton wasnt one of the teams in on it
True....People gotta realize though that if weber's the plan, then it's going to be Eberle AND RNH/Hall AND 1st rounder coming back to NSV.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd do the Eberle deal........

for Klein.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I don't think I proposed anything, I just gave my point of view which is that I'd give up a lot for a player like Weber.

As I wrote, the Hall thing seems to be an Edmonton-supporter issue and I don't expect others to agree with it (which is perfectly fine).

I don't get why you need to be **** about me giving my point of view.
truthfully we are tired of anyone coming on here and proposing to trade for Weber. Personally I wish every Weber trade proposal thread would be automatically locked and the poster forum-banned because they are all just comeple crap

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Call me crazy, but I think exploring the weber trade market is a very good idea. I'm not saying we should or will move him, but it's worth fielding calls to see if some GM is willing to overpay stupidly.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Call me crazy, but I think exploring the weber trade market is a very good idea. I'm not saying we should or will move him, but it's worth fielding calls to see if some GM is willing to overpay stupidly.
While we would and should get a boat load from trading him we need a stable face for this franchise. If he stays here the majority of his career he could be the most recognized face in the city by the time he retires. He's a cornerstone and theres a reason why we are asking for so much in a trade, let's not take his talent for granted.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We need more veteran 2 way defenemen not less.... Trading Weber would be stupid.

I think any time you trade quality for quantity you lose.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We need more veteran 2 way defenemen not less.... Trading Weber would be stupid.

I think any time you trade quality for quantity you lose.
You think Columbus feels that way after trading Nash? I think in general you are correct but sometimes it works out the other way.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
You think Columbus feels that way after trading Nash? I think in general you are correct but sometimes it works out the other way.
Kessel, Nash, Carter from Philly, etc.

Plenty of examples of it going both ways.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:12 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Kessel, Nash, Carter from Philly, etc.

Plenty of examples of it going both ways.
Kessel,Carter were important pieces but not nearly as important to Boston and Philly as Webs is to Nashville. Nash was very important obviously but the only thing he could lead them too was constant disappointment and left the fans always yearning for more from him.

Weber is the face of the franchise, we have him on a lifetime deal, we are going to spend 27 million over a calender year for him. I'm pretty sure you can trade cash now again if I remember hearing right with the new CBA. If I'm Poile the only trade I would ever accept for Weber is an overpayment of quality young players, not picks and cash too help recroup all this bonus money we have paid too him.

It would look awful if the Preds traded Weber this offseason on all fronts. I couldn't even imagine.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
We've had success with Weber, Columbus never did with Nash.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Kessel,Carter were important pieces but not nearly as important to Boston and Philly as Webs is to Nashville. Nash was very important obviously but the only thing he could lead them too was constant disappointment and left the fans always yearning for more from him.

Weber is the face of the franchise, we have him on a lifetime deal, we are going to spend 27 million over a calender year for him. I'm pretty sure you can trade cash now again if I remember hearing right with the new CBA. If I'm Poile the only trade I would ever accept for Weber is an overpayment of quality young players, not picks and cash too help recroup all this bonus money we have paid too him.

It would look awful if the Preds traded Weber this offseason on all fronts. I couldn't even imagine.
You can trade cap space, not cash.

I am NOT saying we should trade Weber. I am saying it is worth exploring our options. He is more important to us than Nash or Kessel was, yes, but he is also worth a ton more. I believe Weber would net the greatest return in the history of the NHL if he was traded.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok you want us to trade a guy who has 13 years left and 25% of the contract is paid...

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Iron Duke

Is this the part where we counter with:

Jonathan Blum, Daniel Bang, 4th

for

Taylor Hall.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
how stupid would it have to be to flush $27 million dollars down the drain?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I am NOT saying we should trade Weber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok you want us to trade a guy who has 13 years left and 25% of the contract is paid...
Not sure if this is directed at me or not...but if it is....

Again, I am NOT say we should trade Weber. I am saying that Poile should be willing to field calls and just see what is offered. If Edmonton calls and says "We'll give you Hall+Eberle+Klefbom+(whoever they pick with their 1st)", I should hope Poile is listening. We need an overpayment though.

And it wouldn't be flushing 27mil down the toilet if we get a haul like that.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:57 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
how stupid would it have to be to flush $27 million dollars down the drain?
What if it were to land you Giroux, Coburn and we take Jones with the number 1 pick if we were lucky in the lottery? I would hate to throw that sort of money away but if you can land guaranteed players at the elite level like Giroux and add two pieces to your blue line to replace Weber, you would at least have to listen.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
What if it were to land you Giroux, Coburn and we take Jones with the number 1 pick if we were lucky in the lottery? I would hate to throw that sort of money away but if you can land guaranteed players at the elite level like Giroux and add two pieces to your blue line to replace Weber, you would at least have to listen.
Why does Philly do this? Sure they covet Weber, but not at the cost of their PPG , 1st line center. Philly's going to go into next season with Schenn and Couturier as their top offensive options at the pivot, AND throw in Coburn? Not a chance. That's filling one hole for them just to open a gaping new one.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Why does Philly do this? Sure they covet Weber, but not at the cost of their PPG , 1st line center. Philly's going to go into next season with Schenn and Couturier as their top offensive options at the pivot, AND throw in Coburn? Not a chance. That's filling one hole for them just to open a gaping new one.
Which is exactly my point. The only trades that would actually be worth considering on our end are trades that no sane GM would offer us in the real world.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
glenngineer

It was a what if more than an actual proposal. If some GM went to Poile with an offer that was to his liking, he has to at least listen. It will require an overpayment and there are plenty of GMs that are stupid enough to do something like that.

I mean, if you're Anaheim would you dangle Ryan and Sbisa for Weber? Edmonton with Hall and Smid?

One can say, never say never.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Iron Duke

I just really don't see the purpose of going that hypothetical with it. I think it's a given that a GM will weigh the potential benefit of any trade being offered, even for a player as "untouchable" as Weber (I mean, Wayne Gretzky got traded...TWICE!). Throwing out unlikely scenarios is just going to rile up fan bases, as many of them like to do with our cornerstone players.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:29 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I just really don't see the purpose of going that hypothetical with it. I think it's a given that a GM will weigh the potential benefit of any trade being offered, even for a player as "untouchable" as Weber (I mean, Wayne Gretzky got traded...TWICE!). Throwing out unlikely scenarios is just going to rile up fan bases, as many of them like to do with our cornerstone players.
One of our fans suggested keeping an open mind about moving Weber. So I did. Most other fans come in here and offer absurd deals for our players. Why would a deal rile up our fan base if we got a fair or more than fair return for our best player? If it's a good deal it's a good deal and any GM would be a fool not to listen. And why is it hypothetical? Every GM is on the phone probably every day with other GM's exploring options to make their team better. If it means moving good players, you do it. If it means moving the franchise player, you do it. I don't see how this is riling anyone up. If my offer was Simmonds, Meszaros and a 2nd round pick I would see your point but the offer is more than fair and even if you think Philly wouldn't do it, Holmgren would at least ponder it. Heck, even if it was just Weber for Giroux straight up, would you consider it? I know I would but being that Weber is top 3 at his position, that's why I felt Philly needed to throw in more to sweeten the deal.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
predfan24

It doesn't matter what the return is trading Weber this offseason would be flushing 27 million down the drain. Cut and dry.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm not seeing desire being communicated, just idle curiosity.

I sincerely doubt there's any deal that would make a Weber trade worth it, but it's at least worth glancing at, even if only for the idle entertainment value.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
One of our fans suggested keeping an open mind about moving Weber. So I did. Most other fans come in here and offer absurd deals for our players. Why would a deal rile up our fan base if we got a fair or more than fair return for our best player? If it's a good deal it's a good deal and any GM would be a fool not to listen. And why is it hypothetical? Every GM is on the phone probably every day with other GM's exploring options to make their team better. If it means moving good players, you do it. If it means moving the franchise player, you do it. I don't see how this is riling anyone up. If my offer was Simmonds, Meszaros and a 2nd round pick I would see your point but the offer is more than fair and even if you think Philly wouldn't do it, Holmgren would at least ponder it. Heck, even if it was just Weber for Giroux straight up, would you consider it? I know I would but being that Weber is top 3 at his position, that's why I felt Philly needed to throw in more to sweeten the deal.
No, I see where you're coming from. I just think most fan bases, our own being no exception, often struggle with assessing player values as is, without adding in unbalanced hypotheticals.

I can see though, from a philosophical standpoint, some hypotheticals can be an interesting exercise. Taking your Weber for Giroux as an example, we fill the organization's gaping need for an elite, youngish, center, but rip a massive hole in our defensive depth. Would it be worth it?