Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Perry seems slow to me. Even when he's putting effort into skating, he has no jump right now. Not that he's ever been fast but it seems worse to me the last few weeks.
His wallet is heavier than before?

Old
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
His wallet is heavier than before?
I was hoping it was injury or fatigue as opposed to laziness/mailing it in.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:07 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Perry has played terrible, I kind of hope BB will call him out to light a fire under his ass.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I was hoping it was injury or fatigue as opposed to laziness/mailing it in.
Yeah, well as I mentioned in the GDT he is having the season Getz had last year. With how quickly guys have been given days off this year for health reason, it's hard to imagine he has any health issues. Sometimes there is no explaining it. You hope he gets it together for the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:31 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
I just think its due to their position that they have no urgency to do well. Once the PO start the urgency will be back

Old
04-18-2013, 12:35 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Effort is absolutely the problem right now. The big slow was painfully slow last night and not hard on the puck. When those guys move their feet and are hard on the puck they're dynamic. When they're not they're easy to defend. They're looking like they did last season and it's frustrating. The few times last night guys like Cogliano and Etem used their speed they generated chances but it take more than two guys. Lombardi is an absolute waste of a roster spot. I can't believe how bad he is. A complete ***** when he's around the net.

A big problem too is Teemu. I'm sorry to say it but I think he's done. No explosiveness and no creativity with the puck. It breaks my heart seeing him at the end of his rope like this but he's just a shell of his former self right now. I hope the playoffs ignite him but I think it's time to hang up his skates.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Effort is absolutely the problem right now. The big slow was painfully slow last night and not hard on the puck. When those guys move their feet and are hard on the puck they're dynamic. When they're not they're easy to defend. They're looking like they did last season and it's frustrating. The few times last night guys like Cogliano and Etem used their speed they generated chances but it take more than two guys. Lombardi is an absolute waste of a roster spot. I can't believe how bad he is. A complete ***** when he's around the net.

A big problem too is Teemu. I'm sorry to say it but I think he's done. No explosiveness and no creativity with the puck. It breaks my heart seeing him at the end of his rope like this but he's just a shell of his former self right now. I hope the playoffs ignite him but I think it's time to hang up his skates.
Ignore it all you want but the lineup has no physical energy players. The type of players that play with emotion that can spark the team when it's flat. Rosehill Maroon Staubitz PL3 etc

Old
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Ignore it all you want but the lineup has no physical energy players. The type of players that play with emotion that can spark the team when it's flat. Rosehill Maroon Staubitz PL3 etc
Yeah because a bunch of cement trucks are going to provide energy. Those guys can't skate, period. Maroon at least has some skills that make up for it but he's liability in a fast-paced game. I love it that you continually mention Letoureau-Leblond because he is the farthest thing from a useful player we have in this organization. He's terrible. Also PL3 is a stupid abbreviation of his name. It should be P3L as in he has 3 Ls in his name.

Anyone who can't understand that the problem is our top players aren't working hard enough just isn't paying attention. When this team skates harder than the other team we are almost unbeatable.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:34 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

What we really need is Bonino to get back in the lineup. I've said it a lot and I'm sure most of you roll your eyes every time I say but look at the numbers:

Our record was 16-3-3 when Bonino was in the lineup. We are 9-7-3 since he's been out. We converted 19 of 66 power play opportunities at rate around 29% with him and just 6 for 53 for 11% without him.

Okay what about our second line? Teemu Selanne had scored 6 goals, 11 assists for 17 points with Bonino in the lineup and 5 goals and only 1 assist for just 6 points without. Bobby Ryan had 7 goals, 13 assists for points and just 3 goals, 5 assists and all of 8 points without Bonino.

I know Bonino doesn't seem like the straw that stirs this team's drink but they are clearly more productive with him in the lineup. Hopefully he's good to go by this weekend though I'm sure it'll take a few games for him to get his feet under him.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:34 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Yeah because a bunch of cement trucks are going to provide energy. Those guys can't skate, period. Maroon at least has some skills that make up for it but he's liability in a fast-paced game. I love it that you continually mention Letoureau-Leblond because he is the farthest thing from a useful player we have in this organization. He's terrible. Also PL3 is a stupid abbreviation of his name. It should be P3L as in he has 3 Ls in his name.

Anyone who can't understand that the problem is our top players aren't working hard enough just isn't paying attention. When this team skates harder than the other team we are almost unbeatable.
maroon is not a liability at all.. hes fine defensively and even ahs skills offensivey. he was great while he was up ehre

Old
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:

I would agree with this. It is sad to see but he is a liability right now on the ice. It truly does break my heart to see it but father time has simply caught up to him.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
I hope Teemu retires after this season. Sad to say but seriously.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyDucks View Post
I hope Teemu retires after this season. Sad to say but seriously.
Gotta agree with this. And I hope we do something with Ryan in the offseason If he doesn't do something in the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
@icemancometh: Ducks send D Jordan Hendry back to AHL Norfolk. So Sami Vatanen stays up for now.
Perhaps they will sit the injured an extra 3 days after Vatanen performed ok last night.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:49 PM
PhoenyX

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Not that it was questionable but Cam Fowler, Luca Sbisa and Nick Bonino are all on trip. Hopefully myself shortly.

Really anxious to see Bonino back in the lineup.

And we have way too many forwards on this team. The problem is we still lack a #2C and we have a bunch of fringe guys. I want to see Palmieri playing with Getzlaf and Perry all the time though.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:54 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
What we really need is Bonino to get back in the lineup. I've said it a lot and I'm sure most of you roll your eyes every time I say but look at the numbers:

Our record was 16-3-3 when Bonino was in the lineup. We are 9-7-3 since he's been out. We converted 19 of 66 power play opportunities at rate around 29% with him and just 6 for 53 for 11% without him.

Okay what about our second line? Teemu Selanne had scored 6 goals, 11 assists for 17 points with Bonino in the lineup and 5 goals and only 1 assist for just 6 points without. Bobby Ryan had 7 goals, 13 assists for points and just 3 goals, 5 assists and all of 8 points without Bonino.

I know Bonino doesn't seem like the straw that stirs this team's drink but they are clearly more productive with him in the lineup. Hopefully he's good to go by this weekend though I'm sure it'll take a few games for him to get his feet under him.
Look at the team's record when Blake was in the lineup last year, we're an elite team when he played. Only Duck with over a .500 record. It isn't always points to why we are doing bad. Jason Blake wasn't the key to success last year. But yes it will help big time when Bonino is back, it puts everyone in the right spots where they're comfortable. Especially our third line.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:30 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyX View Post
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Not that it was questionable but Cam Fowler, Luca Sbisa and Nick Bonino are all on trip. Hopefully myself shortly.

Really anxious to see Bonino back in the lineup.

And we have way too many forwards on this team. The problem is we still lack a #2C and we have a bunch of fringe guys. I want to see Palmieri playing with Getzlaf and Perry all the time though.
My thought for full roster lines.

Palms - Getz- Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Selanne - Possibly Etem/Cogs up here
Winnik - Koivu - Cogs - Possibly Ryan here
Etem - Steckel - Beleskey

Dvorak being 1st injury replacement, Lombardi being 2nd injury replacement.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
It doesn't take much for a fragile equilibrium to fall apart. Even one thing out of sorts can branch out and cause problems elsewhere. DVM and roosky probably see that type of thing all the time in biology.

That being said, a hockey team isn't supposed to be at high risk to those types of things. Not a good one, anyway. Injuries should hurt, but they shouldn't send you into a tailspin. And no, before anyone makes the ridiculous claim, it has nothing to do with toughness. The Ducks just seem like a team that is very succeptible to this type of situation right now. There seems to be a constant balancing act to keep things going well, and this isn't new. Last season it was Hiller and Getzlaf that seemed to bring the team down. I suspect this will be less of an issue over time, when some of our young talent develops more and gains more experience.

I think Anaheim has taken positive steps this season, but in my opinion this is still very much a transition period. Part of it is about players coming of age, and the other part is the old guard. A year or two from now, I think this team will be a lot more balanced and will be able to handle a few injuries better. That's just my take on some of Anaheim's current issues.

04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
DaDucks

Very well thought out but I don't think that justifies the RPG line playing like trash... We've always finished seasons strong despite people being injured. I/we are in uncharted territory...

Old
04-18-2013, 07:13 PM
AngelDuck

Our problem is that Perry and Ryan have been awful, the depth has dried up and we don't have enough physical players up front.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Our problem is that Perry and Ryan have been awful, the depth has dried up and we don't have enough physical players up front.
Yep.. Can't expect anything from the 2nd line... If the 1st and 3 rd lines aren't doing anything followed by the power play not producing we are in a world of hurt... Also defensive scoring? Jesus, we have to be top 5 bottom right?

Old
04-18-2013, 07:18 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Yep.. Can't expect anything from the 2nd line... If the 1st and 3 rd lines aren't doing anything followed by the power play not producing we are in a world of hurt... Also defensive scoring? Jesus, we have to be top 5 bottom right?
Yeah, Beauch is the only guy who's scoring even remotely regularly from the blueline. The PK is average at best, the PP has been dreadful lately, and we aren't big and tough. That's just not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

Edit: Souray does have 17 points in 41 games though. That's about as good as we could have realistically expected from him. Sbisa and Fowler have to be better offensively next year.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Paul4587

Quote:

I think most would agree with that. Bonino is not an ideal 2C but he certainly brings a lot to the table and is a huge upgrade over Lombardi. The 2nd line will be miles better off defensively with him there too.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Fowler in particular needs to produce.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Yeah, Beauch is the only guy who's scoring even remotely regularly from the blueline. The PK is average at best, the PP has been dreadful lately, and we aren't big and tough. That's just not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

Edit: Souray does have 17 points in 41 games though. That's about as good as we could have realistically expected from him. Sbisa and Fowler have to be better offensively next year.
if fowler plays the same way next year as he did prior to his first injury, the points will definitely pile up imo

Closed Thread