HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Question for SJ fans (MOD: Douglas Murray)

Old
04-18-2013, 04:53 PM
do0glas

vCash: 500
this is true for overall fenclose. i was digging to deep really lol.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
MurphyDump

Here's some of the responses from SJ fans after the trade:

Pens fans,

Murray is terrible. He will fight, get out of position to throw a hit, and block shots.

Murray is horrible. Would have been happy with a 7th, this is awesome.

He is the bad player. Literally every single player he is one the ice with has their Corsi PLUMMET.

Murray isn't even an NHL caliber player anymore,

I've had to suffer through the last two and a half years of Douglas Murray's "defense", so I don't perceive that hole to be filled in any way at all.

----------

Now I don't doubt we overpaid slightly, but as I said, he's addressed a big concern on the Pens blueline and been great. A lot of SJ fans said he'd be great, and many said he was horrible as evidenced above.

Glad to see he's not as bad as many made him out to be.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
Here's some of the responses from SJ fans after the trade:

Pens fans,

Murray is terrible. He will fight, get out of position to throw a hit, and block shots.

Murray is horrible. Would have been happy with a 7th, this is awesome.

He is the bad player. Literally every single player he is one the ice with has their Corsi PLUMMET.

Murray isn't even an NHL caliber player anymore,

I've had to suffer through the last two and a half years of Douglas Murray's "defense", so I don't perceive that hole to be filled in any way at all.

----------

Now I don't doubt we overpaid slightly, but as I said, he's addressed a big concern on the Pens blueline and been great. A lot of SJ fans said he'd be great, and many said he was horrible as evidenced above.

He is that bad, the east is camouflaging it somewhat because it's soft.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
And not a single one of those say it was a bad trade for the Pens or that they would regret picking him up.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:51 PM
lsx

I love Murray, and his problems were absolutely not due to lack of dedication. He simply lost a step that he didn't have to lose in the first place. He will remain one of my favorite players to wear the sweater and I hope he wins the cup one of these years, my only non-complaint was that I believe Pitt gave up too much for him.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:05 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
He is that bad, the east is camouflaging it somewhat because it's soft.
Right.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
GoGoSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
And not a single one of those say it was a bad trade for the Pens or that they would regret picking him up.
I think we can infer the person who said he wasn't NHL caliber anymore was implying it was a bad trade.

GoGoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
A lot of SJ fans said he'd be great, and many said he was horrible as evidenced above.

what's next, stop by the Dallas board, tell 'em we've rehabilitated your captain?

Murray's been great, he's exactly what the Pens need because there's nobody else on the team that can clear the crease and there's plenty of great skating defensemen that can cover up for his deficiencies. that said this i'm not really a fan of this thread and it's 'told-you-so' aura. there's a reason that 'change of scenery' is such an oft-used phrase.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:51 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
what's next, stop by the Dallas board, tell 'em we've rehabilitated your captain?

Murray's been great, he's exactly what the Pens need because there's nobody else on the team that can clear the crease and there's plenty of great skating defensemen that can cover up for his deficiencies. that said this i'm not really a fan of this thread and it's 'told-you-so' aura. there's a reason that 'change of scenery' is such an oft-used phrase.
This. This is Douglas Murray we're talking about here. He's been with the Sharks since '05 and we all know what he is and what he isn't. It was clear his time here was up and the best thing for the team was to get rid of him. Just because he's been playing well with the Pens in 9 games doesn't change the fact that he was one of the worst players for the Sharks.

Bump this thread after next season, then we'll talk. Hopefully he re-signs so the Sharks can get the conditional. Until then, both teams are happy with the trade so....there's nothing more to be said really.

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote