Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Draft Picks Signed/ Committed

Old
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Yup you are correct. It's confirmed. Questionable to pick a player in the 1st round that 2 years away. Hopefully it works out for them.

2013-14 U.S. National Under-17 Team - Official Commits as of 4/4/13

2012-13 Team
Forward Jeremy Bracco (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)
Forward Christian Fischer
Forward Jordan Greenway (Plymouth Whalers hold rights)
Forward Luke Kirwan (Guelph Storm hold rights)
Forward Luke Kunin
Forward Auston Matthews (Everett Silvertips hold rights)
Forward Jack Roslovic (Plymouth Whalers hold rights)
Forward Matthew Tkachuk (London Knights hold rights)
Forward Brendan Warren (Windsor Spitfires hold rights)
Forward Colin White
Defense Nicholas Boka (Sarnia Sting hold rights)
Defense Caleb Jones (Portland Winterhawks hold rights)
Defense Charles MacAvoy (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)
Defense Zach Werenski (London Knights hold rights)
Goalie Luke Opilka (Kitchener Rangers hold rights)
I have always wondered, is this a signed on the dotted line type deal, or can players change there mind during the summer?

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
From what I read on the USA Hockey site Greenaway has committed to the US-dev
program,so the Whales will have to wait 2 years for him to be available
They can always buy him out like the Rangers plan to do with MacInnis this summer (At least that's the hope).

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
They can always buy him out like the Rangers plan to do with MacInnis this summer (At least that's the hope).
Are teams allowed to buy out the players? Or do the players have to buy their own release? If the teams can buy out players couldn't this sort of be construed as a recruiting violation? I understand that the player doesn't get the money, but effectively teams with $$$ would have a big advantage over smaller teams.

Raisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
Are teams allowed to buy out the players? Or do the players have to buy their own release? If the teams can buy out players couldn't this sort of be construed as a recruiting violation? I understand that the player doesn't get the money, but effectively teams with $$$ would have a big advantage over smaller teams.
Players need to buy out their own contract, which is why it rarely if ever happens.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:19 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
I have no idea where you get you information from but you are way off. The only player that has signed with their team is Moore from Windsor. I have spoken to Stephens personally and he has not signed yet. And neither has Day yet he has just got equipment. Signings are going to happen but not "confirmed" or has happened yet. Day will be big news when it happens because of his status.
Teams have already drafted contracts for these players. Whether it's on the dotted line or not, it's inevitable. All the first rounders are expected to sign except for Plymouth. This page is primarily for the 2nd rounders and below.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Teams have already drafted contracts for these players. Whether it's on the dotted line or not, it's inevitable. All the first rounders are expected to sign except for Plymouth. This page is primarily for the 2nd rounders and below.
still doesn't matter if its inevitable or not its false information. They have not signed yet only Moore

Petes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
still doesn't matter if its inevitable or not its false information. They have not signed yet only Moore
Thats incorrect. There are a few first rounders who have signed paperwork that needs to go to the league office.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
Al MacInnis has the money to do it, and I'm sure if the Rangers wanted to pay they could hire MacInnis as a "full-time" scout and pay him a $50,000 salary. Not sure about this Greenway kid.

Tiger didn't mention it in his post so I'm not sure if it's ever happened before. Probably has. The good thing is most of these guys don't project to be top 15 picks and some of them don't have NCAA commitments so you're just about guarenteed to get a few of them for their 18 year old season.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Players need to buy out their own contract, which is why it rarely if ever happens.
I assume that has to be a OHL/CHL rule?

I somewhat understand the rule but I disagree with not allowing the team to pay for the releases. It penalizies the teams and fans of the OHL while enpowering the USNTDP.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I assume that has to be a OHL/CHL rule?

I somewhat understand the rule but I disagree with not allowing the team to pay for the releases. It penalizies the teams and fans of the OHL while enpowering the USNTDP.
Its a US-NTDP rule. It protects them. They make two year commitment to players, and they want to ensure that the players are making an equal commitment.

They don't want players walking away from the team after a year when there are other similar players who are willing to put in a two year commitment.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Al MacInnis has the money to do it, and I'm sure if the Rangers wanted to pay they could hire MacInnis as a "full-time" scout and pay him a $50,000 salary. Not sure about this Greenway kid.

Tiger didn't mention it in his post so I'm not sure if it's ever happened before. Probably has. The good thing is most of these guys don't project to be top 15 picks and some of them don't have NCAA commitments so you're just about guarenteed to get a few of them for their 18 year old season.
Brandon Shea and Jared Knight are the only two that I remember leaving. There have been others who leave, but its usually a mutual decision. Its very rare.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Brandon Shea and Jared Knight are the only two that I remember leaving. There have been others who leave, but its usually a mutual decision. Its very rare.
Bobby Ryan ?

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Its a US-NTDP rule. It protects them. They make two year commitment to players, and they want to ensure that the players are making an equal commitment.

They don't want players walking away from the team after a year when there are other similar players who are willing to put in a two year commitment.
I know the reasoning behind the fine and I agree with it 100%.
But what I don't understand is why would it matter if the CHL team or the family pay the $50 grand.
If a team paid the the fine and the USTDP sues the player because he didn't pay it himself the courts would laugh them out of the courtroom!

* I don't really expect you to know the answer and the question wasn't really directed at you.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:39 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I know the reasoning behind the fine and I agree with it 100%.
But what I don't understand is why would it matter if the CHL team or the family pay the $50 grand.
If a team paid the the fine and the USTDP sues the player because he didn't pay it himself the courts would laugh them out of the courtroom!

* I don't really expect you to know the answer and the question wasn't really directed at you.
It would be like paying the kid $50,000 to join your team, I think it would be considered an illegal payment and sanctions similar to Windsors would be waiting.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
It would be like paying the kid $50,000 to join your team, I think it would be considered an illegal payment and sanctions similar to Windsors would be waiting.
Exactly. Its basically giving the player $50k to play for you.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:20 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
I have no idea where you get you information from but you are way off. The only player that has signed with their team is Moore from Windsor. I have spoken to Stephens personally and he has not signed yet. And neither has Day yet he has just got equipment. Signings are going to happen but not "confirmed" or has happened yet. Day will be big news when it happens because of his status.
Here you go, seeing as I'm a liar. By the way, signings are not a one to two day process.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/article...chell-stephens

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Here you go, seeing as I'm a liar. By the way, signings are not a one to two day process.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/article...chell-stephens
Signing happened mid last week. I wouldn't fuss over him, some posters, like people, like to initiate negativity. A view of posts can show a history of that.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Signing happened mid last week. I wouldn't fuss over him, some posters, like people, like to initiate negativity. A view of posts can show a history of that.
Tiger ..your comments can and can not be warranted. But with Stephens, I know the family personally and the signing occurred on Saturday.

Petes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Tiger ..your comments can and can not be warranted. But with Stephens, I know the family personally and the signing occurred on Saturday.
Sorry, let me re-phrase. The contract was agreed to by all parties and sent to the league for approval mid week. The ceremonial signing may have taken place later, but all parties made a verbal agreement that was forwarded to the league. From a legal standpoint, the deal was done. No one was lying...

With the other comment, to the posters on here who continue to antagonize...life's short.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 04-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old
04-22-2013, 09:20 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Why you so worried about the rules Petes96? Stephens sent out a tweet that he was happy to join this team give it a rest.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
bcspragu

Saginaw signs the first of their 2 second rounders, Ryan Orban per team website.

http://saginawspirit.com/article/sag...ond-round-pick

bcspragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:36 PM
defensehockey19

I hope Oke can get Spencer and Lizotte signed before rookie camp!

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:37 PM
CBJWhaler

Whalers Signed 5th round pick Alexander King from Detroit Compuware today.

CBJWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Saginaw has signed another second round pick. This time it's D-man Michael Holmes.

http://saginawspirit.com/article/sag...in-recent-days

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Saginaw has signed another second round pick. This time it's D-man Michael Holmes.

http://saginawspirit.com/article/sag...in-recent-days
Jealous of you Saginaw fans... Team news .. Something to talk about! lol! Next years hockey season cannot come soon enough.

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote