HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lapointe Crosscheck/highsticking on Lukowich

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

vCash: 500
Lapointe Crosscheck/highsticking on Lukowich

Totally vicous hit and should render him a lengthy suspension

Prospal got 2 games last year for attempt to crosscheck and this one connected viciously across his face so how many should he get i say at least 4 is a start

Old
12-27-2003, 08:32 PM
nathan

It'll be whatever Weight got for nailing ?.Sedin

Old
12-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
It'll be whatever Weight got for nailing ?.Sedin
That hit and Keith's hit where both far less vicious IMO

Old
12-28-2003, 01:04 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Lapointe's a joke.

From the Boston Herald:
Quote:
With the Bolts up 3-2 and hanging on at the time, the B's alternate captain committed a very undisciplined act, earning a five-minute match penalty that likely eliminated any chance the B's had at tying the match. Lukowich lay on the ice for a minute or so, but stayed in the game.

B's coach Mike Sullivan did not agree Lapointe's actions warranted a match penalty.

``No,'' Sullivan said. ``But that's how the ref saw it.''

Lapointe also felt it was not as big a deal.

``I didn't hit him straight in the face or anything,'' Lapointe said. ``My stick rolled up and got him in the neck area or something. A five-minute penalty, that's kind of hard. But there's no excuse to take a five-minute penalty like that.''
http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...?articleid=222

Still no word from the league.

Old
12-28-2003, 02:11 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Lapointe's a joke.

From the Boston Herald:

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...?articleid=222

Still no word from the league.
What he did was wrong although to me it did look a little bit accidental.

About Lappy being a joke that is BS. :mad:

Guy spent previous night in emergency with crushing headache wasn't even supposed to be on ipractice and still insisted to play so yeah...he is a joke! :confused

Old
12-28-2003, 03:07 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
About Lappy being a joke that is BS. :mad:
He was a total clown out there last night. He'd have been better off in a hospital bed.

Don't get me wrong. I was a fan of the guy when he played in Detroit, but his game has devolved considerably in recent years. Last night he just looked pathetic ... and dirty.

Old
12-29-2003, 08:07 AM
neelynugs

lapointe got 1 game...guess it wasn't as "vicious" as some of you are portraying.

Old
12-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
What he did was wrong although to me it did look a little bit accidental.
Um, nope. I have it on tape and watched it several times. There was some shoving going on, then Lapointe looked right at him and crosschecked him on the side of his head. Believe me, I totally understand wanting to hit Lukowich, have wanted to do it myself on many occassions, but that really didn't look accidental to me.

I don't care about the length of suspension, but I am so sick of seeing these guys blatantly LIE about what they're doing out there! This has to be the 3rd time this year at least that I've seen a player totally deny responsibility for their actions. The favorite excuse seems to be "oh, my stick slipped". What, are the sticks greased now? Is it that hard to say "I lost my temper, oops"?

The lack of personal accountability is just sad.

Old
12-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Um, nope. I have it on tape and watched it several times. There was some shoving going on, then Lapointe looked right at him and crosschecked him on the side of his head. Believe me, I totally understand wanting to hit Lukowich, have wanted to do it myself on many occassions, but that really didn't look accidental to me.

I don't care about the length of suspension, but I am so sick of seeing these guys blatantly LIE about what they're doing out there! This has to be the 3rd time this year at least that I've seen a player totally deny responsibility for their actions. The favorite excuse seems to be "oh, my stick slipped". What, are the sticks greased now? Is it that hard to say "I lost my temper, oops"?

I have seen the play a couple times and granted it looked bad I don't believe Marty was intent on hitting him in the neck. Marty plays with a bit of a chippy edge but he is far from a dirty player. Generally if he has a problem with the opposition he has no reservation with dropping the gloves, rather than resorting to a cheapshot. IMO Marty was trying to goad Lukowich into a fight and by crosschecking him. While dangerous and stupid on the part of Lapointe and he probably should have had at least two games to think about his actions. I do not believe at all that his intent was crosscheck Lukowich in the neck.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:39 AM
bb_fan

Quote:

since when does the back of the neck become the side of the head.......and you watched it how many times?

Old
12-30-2003, 05:41 AM
bb_fan

Quote:

the truth is out there.........

nice to see he was honest with you, did he call u after the game and tell u that or what?

Closed Thread