HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jakub Voracek

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2013, 06:19 PM
  #51
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 500
Coburn playing to his potential would solve a lot of problems.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:20 PM
  #52
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's generally the contracts to "filler" players that are the problem.

Or when he misunderstands the CBA, I guess.
Yeh, the Shelley one was weird but it's not really hurt us. The difference between what he got and what he should have amounts to about 0.25% of the cap. He aint perfect, but his mistakes are generally quite minor.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
  #53
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,910
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Yeh, the Shelley one was weird but it's not really hurt us. The difference between what he got and what he should have amounts to about 0.25% of the cap. He aint perfect, but his mistakes are generally quite minor.
Well, we can't overlook the Pronger contract (questionable as a 35+), the Briere contract (was always clearly questionable, and now that has been confirmed), and the Bryz contract.

But it's not like every contract has been awful, he's had some excellent ones.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
  #54
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, we can't overlook the Pronger contract (questionable as a 35+), the Briere contract (was always clearly questionable, and now that has been confirmed), and the Bryz contract.

But it's not like every contract has been awful, he's had some excellent ones.
Bryz does appear to have backfired but just how much say do you think he had? Ed was on his back, he was the best goalie available and he had to get one.

Pronger's would have been fine but for a freak accident.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
  #55
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,910
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Bryz does appear to have backfired but just how much say do you think he had? Ed was on his back, he was the best goalie available and he had to get one.

Pronger's would have been fine but for a freak accident.
I'm not sure about Pronger's. It's quite likely he would have gotten gimpy or just worn down, but we won't know.

The Bryz contract is a large part of the reason why I now say "The Org" instead of "Homer" most of the time, since Ed is clearly involved with the direction of the team...or its lack thereof, really.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:31 AM
  #56
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
i have been so impressed with him this year,his vision is incredible and its noted by tons of people...but yet still underrated, people dont get how good of a passer he really is, i see him 70-80 points...maybe one 90 plus season, i really think we won in the carter and richards trades

Flyersandoilers1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:46 PM
  #57
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
People always slamming Hartnell and Simmonds but this guy has more talent than both of them and he's doing nothing. I believe it's time to start exploring options of trying to package this guy off for another winger. He's got the same problems he's had in Columbus. He's too inconsistent.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 02:48 PM
  #58
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Voracek+D man to EDM for Emberle+2nd rd pick

He needs to be OFF the 1st line. I say put him on Vinny line

Hartnell - Roo - Vinny
Vora - Schenn - Simmonds

I really want to see this for a bit. See if these guys can't get going who should be scoring.

EDIT: I know the trade wouldn't happen, but Roo needs a winger who has confidence ALL the time. Emberle always does.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:10 PM
  #59
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 767
vCash: 50
I remember Flyers fans hyping Voracek as the next Hossa during the offseason

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:10 PM
  #60
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
I remember Flyers fans hyping Voracek as the next Hossa during the offseason
Voceck is a good player still. People need to relax on him.


Think about this. He, like the rest of the team, had a horrid start. He still looked good though. I remember a lot on here saying things like 'jakes the only guy playing' etc. So he continues on struggling like Hartnell, G, Simmer etc. Then he gets benched by the coach. Something that has not happened to Hartnell even though he is borderline retorted. Not to G even though he is -1378 and looks solely accountable for a ton of goals. While he is benched he gets a article about him benched. To me it was not till then that his play took a nose dive. But the guy still has drive and wants to score and win. IMO more so than G. I think he will be fine.

No other star player in the league would you be saying 'Well, look who he's playing with'. G is the most accountable of all the slumping players we have. He will be ok just like the rest, but possibly not this year.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:29 PM
  #61
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Once again, there needs to be patience. Same stuff was said about JVR. Now look at him. He obviously has talent and has shown it at this level. The Flyers and their fans need to stop trying to trade everyone who has a bad year or bad stretch.

Besides, his trade value would be low. Why trade him when he is not going to get the return?

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:31 PM
  #62
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,910
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Once again, there needs to be patience. Same stuff was said about JVR. Now look at him. He obviously has talent and has shown it at this level. The Flyers and their fans need to stop trying to trade everyone who has a bad year or bad stretch.

Besides, his trade value would be low. Why trade him when he is not going to get the return?
The problem is they're the same age, and JVR was supposed to be the one who would take longer to hit his potential.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:37 PM
  #63
Clown Baby
Registered User
 
Clown Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
I pray like hell the Flyers avoid any and all things Edmonton... draft picks not withstanding.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 06:49 PM
  #64
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty
 
Dirty but Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Somethings gotta change about the top two lines. I don't think Voracek is the problem but he needs to play more consistently.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 07:22 PM
  #65
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,189
vCash: 500
Voracek is 24 with pretty much 400 games played. JVR is the same age with almost 130 less games played yet he seems to have hit his ceiling (which is still not even as high as most would have hoped out of him at the time of drafting him) and is proving what he's good for. Voracek, despite the same age, with 130 more games played, and also playing for two teams in his young career hasn't proven anything really. He had last season, but compared to the rest of his career that sticks out as a huge outlier or abnormality especially considering it was a shortened half-season with a shooting percentage almost double of what his usual is.

Point is it's not really the same situation and he's getting too old with too many games played to be given the excuse of "well, have patience".

He may turn into an all star with time but at the moment he doesn't really deserve much in the way of excuses and everyone should feel concerned about his career trajectory.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 03:19 PM
  #66
AntsoftheSky
Registered User
 
AntsoftheSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto,ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Oilers fan coming in peace here. Was just wondering if you guys think Voracek will start to pick the pace up? I spent a fairly high fantasy pick on him and he's been grossly underperforming. I've only caught a couple flyers games this year and he's been decent by my eye, but I haven't seen enough of him to formulate an opinion. How many points do you think this year? Should I drop him, or just tough it out and hope he picks it up?

Thanks in advance guys!

AntsoftheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 03:32 PM
  #67
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsoftheSky View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace here. Was just wondering if you guys think Voracek will start to pick the pace up? I spent a fairly high fantasy pick on him and he's been grossly underperforming. I've only caught a couple flyers games this year and he's been decent by my eye, but I haven't seen enough of him to formulate an opinion. How many points do you think this year? Should I drop him, or just tough it out and hope he picks it up?

Thanks in advance guys!
I might be a little biased because I like Voracek and his speed but with Hartnell on this line both G and Jake will suffer. The upside is we are starting to see Jake's game improve and he's shooting more at the net(he does have a decent shot) as we witnessed last night. Both Jake and G need a left winger with more speed as Harts has slowed to snail's pace lately. Guess we'll see what happens.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 03:42 PM
  #68
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsoftheSky View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace here. Was just wondering if you guys think Voracek will start to pick the pace up? I spent a fairly high fantasy pick on him and he's been grossly underperforming. I've only caught a couple flyers games this year and he's been decent by my eye, but I haven't seen enough of him to formulate an opinion. How many points do you think this year? Should I drop him, or just tough it out and hope he picks it up?

Thanks in advance guys!
he will make the play but there is no one who's going to bury that puck in net for him

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:51 AM
  #69
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Like I said before Jake just needed a decent linemate to get his game going, Hartnell has nothing to add to the 1st line. Surprisingly Raffl has fit well with Jake and G.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
  #70
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,687
vCash: 165
His points have came so streakily this year it is silly:

First 3: 0 points.

4-10: 4 points

11-15: 0 points

16-22: 8 points

23-29: 0 points

30-34: 7 points

So he has scored all 19 of his points in 3 seperate stretches amounting to 19 games, while having 5 game and 7 game pointless streaks inbetween.

In his last 15 he has shot so much more as well... which is good.

First 19 games: 35 shots at 1.84 spg

Last 15 games: 49 shots at 3.27 spg

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
  #71
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
His points have came so streakily this year it is silly:

First 3: 0 points.

4-10: 4 points

11-15: 0 points

16-22: 8 points

23-29: 0 points

30-34: 7 points

So he has scored all 19 of his points in 3 seperate stretches amounting to 19 games, while having 5 game and 7 game pointless streaks inbetween.

In his last 15 he has shot so much more as well... which is good.

First 19 games: 35 shots at 1.84 spg

Last 15 games: 49 shots at 3.27 spg
So he's a ppg player when he scores. lol

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 10:01 AM
  #72
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Like I said before Jake just needed a decent linemate to get his game going, Hartnell has nothing to add to the 1st line. Surprisingly Raffl has fit well with Jake and G.
It's about the skating.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
  #73
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
There was so much chatter on twitter about Raffl's entry zone ability. Lots of people were saying that that line got in the zone so quickly and easily.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  #74
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,993
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Coburn playing to his potential would solve a lot of problems.
what you see with him now, is his potential

an extremely inconsistent blueliner who looks great for a span of games, then is absolutely atrocious for the next 10

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 11:11 AM
  #75
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
an extremely inconsistent blueliner who looks great for a span of games, then is absolutely atrocious for the next 10
Well that really hasn't happened this year, he's been our best defender this year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.