HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
  #776
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
2K lost because they got crushed by what, at the time was a superior product (2K9 was awful, 10 was ok but not enough to save the franchise)

I know this because i made the ill-fated decision of buying the Wii at the start and was stuck with 2K9 and 10 (like i said, 10 was solid and actually plays better on PS3/360) but the leap of quality between NHL 09/10 and 2K was laughable

Similar to how 2K is likely going to lose to SCEA in the MLB game battle

I'm also up for any friendlies after the Jets game (i fell asleep just after the game ended on tuesday >_>)

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
  #777
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
2K lost because they got crushed by what, at the time was a superior product (2K9 was awful, 10 was ok but not enough to save the franchise)

I know this because i made the ill-fated decision of buying the Wii at the start and was stuck with 2K9 and 10 (like i said, 10 was solid and actually plays better on PS3/360) but the leap of quality between NHL 09/10 and 2K was laughable

Similar to how 2K is likely going to lose to SCEA in the MLB game battle

I'm also up for any friendlies after the Jets game (i fell asleep just after the game ended on tuesday >_>)
So did I lol. Ill be on too.

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 08:57 PM
  #778
Fire Dumboer
FINALLY
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,723
vCash: 500
Luckiest mother****er in the world

Fire Dumboer is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
  #779
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
It's easier for me because I've been boycotting franchises and whole companies since I was 11.

I'm a former professional gamer, and have admitted "grossly high standards" when it comes to games. I love hockey and it really sucks EA has a monopoly on NHL rights. The death of 2K hockey was the death of GOOD, PLAYABLE hockey games.
I agree, even just on the GM modes, 2k absolutely killed EA, but lost on graphics and unfamiliar gameplay i think. (notice I said unfamiliar, it was better but strange to those who hadn't played anything but EA)

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 09:28 PM
  #780
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 500
That guys spent a LOT of money on those packs lol.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 09:42 PM
  #781
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
it'd be really convenient for me if hut crashed for an hour at the moment and auctions ended anyway lol

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 09:47 PM
  #782
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years
 
PlayTheTrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
it'd be really convenient for me if hut crashed for an hour at the moment and auctions ended anyway lol
Me too lmao

PlayTheTrap is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:49 PM
  #783
canucks95
Registered User
 
canucks95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Bergeron, Benn, Karlsson, Weber all hurt in the last two games, and my game loses connection at the 2nd int up 6-0.. thanks EA

canucks95 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 12:44 AM
  #784
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
I agree, even just on the GM modes, 2k absolutely killed EA, but lost on graphics and unfamiliar gameplay i think. (notice I said unfamiliar, it was better but strange to those who hadn't played anything but EA)
Killed EA? 2K's GM modes were so bad the game would break itself if roster moves were made (If your team had too few players it was unable to correct itself unlike EA's)

I'm not a EA fanboy but 2K unfortunately dug it's own grave

Similarly to how The Show has far surpassed MLB 2K: lack of innovation and a strong base structure

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:21 AM
  #785
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Killed EA? 2K's GM modes were so bad the game would break itself if roster moves were made (If your team had too few players it was unable to correct itself unlike EA's)

I'm not a EA fanboy but 2K unfortunately dug it's own grave

Similarly to how The Show has far surpassed MLB 2K: lack of innovation and a strong base structure
I dunno, don't remember running into problems, and i loved the ability to do contracts with bonuses and such.

To be fair, the NHL 14 trailer makes me very excited, they've got me locked in for next year and probably the rest of them.

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:07 AM
  #786
TheQuackAttack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
I dunno, don't remember running into problems, and i loved the ability to do contracts with bonuses and such.

To be fair, the NHL 14 trailer makes me very excited, they've got me locked in for next year and probably the rest of them.
I agree with Tukka. The only thing I really liked about 2k was that it was a bit more arcade, and that they had party games. But man, 09 buried that franchise.

TheQuackAttack is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:39 AM
  #787
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
I agree with Tukka. The only thing I really liked about 2k was that it was a bit more arcade, and that they had party games. But man, 09 buried that franchise.
Looking back, I don't think I even played a 2k game that had that feature I think I was jealous of that one feature while playing EA, that was around my college-ish years, my memory is rather foggy.

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
  #788
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
Im glad that you guys took my ghosting idea and used it to make pucks.

Grounded Star is right, play a period and rack up goals, hits and shots. And if you notice the other team take a penalty, go get that PP goal for even more pucks.

To make pucks during 1x time, exploit the TOTW difficulty glitch with a 2-star team, mine is:

Huberdeau - Scheifele - Yakupov
66 - 66 - 66
65 - 66 - 65
63 - 65 - 65

Beaulieu - Hamilton
66 - 66
65 - 66

Subban
63
Mines very similar to that but I had to downgrade a couple starters cause I have no 63 or lower ovr cards

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
  #789
ImScore71
Registered User
 
ImScore71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
2x pucks and chance of the year at TOTY items again.


Plus a new promo pack

ImScore71 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  #790
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Does anyone on XBox have R Russell, A Johnson and R Martinek from Columbus? I need them to finish my collection and get the bonus, I'll give you a valuable card as collateral if I can trust you, just would like to get the completion bonus, would send back everything I need within 2 minutes if you were kind enough to lend them to me.

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
  #791
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScore71 View Post
2x pucks and chance of the year at TOTY items again.


Plus a new promo pack
It says that on my screen, but I'm not getting double pucks

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:53 PM
  #792
ImScore71
Registered User
 
ImScore71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
It says that on my screen, but I'm not getting double pucks
I just finished a game and didn't get double pucks either, weird.


I'm thinking maybe the banner that initially loaded with the new promo pack was a glitch from last weeks promo. We're probably not getting double pucks this weekend.

ImScore71 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:09 PM
  #793
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScore71 View Post
I just finished a game and didn't get double pucks either, weird.


I'm thinking maybe the banner that initially loaded with the new promo pack was a glitch from last weeks promo. We're probably not getting double pucks this weekend.
Guessing that's the case, also probably no chance at TOTY which would go back to their talking about only a short period of time for making it available.

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #794
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Anyone on 360...

there is a new site, mostly for hosting a gm connected league and a 6v6 league, but, with two more members registering, the owner of the site is giving away 50k for HUT.

nhlon360.com

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
  #795
presidentCarter
The Price is Wrong
 
presidentCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Anyone on 360...

there is a new site, mostly for hosting a gm connected league and a 6v6 league, but, with two more members registering, the owner of the site is giving away 50k for HUT.

nhlon360.com
I'll join...

So there's no 2x pucks...?

presidentCarter is online now  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
  #796
ImScore71
Registered User
 
ImScore71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
There's a new banner that advertises double pucks and 2x chance at TOTW but I still didn't earn double pucks my last game so I don't know.

ImScore71 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:14 PM
  #797
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Hope its 2x pucks. Really need the pucks right now.

JHabs61 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  #798
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation
 
Grounded Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
double pucks happened last game i just finished

Grounded Star is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
  #799
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
double pucks happened last game i just finished
looking to trade away a sotw st louis.


looking for a sotw havlat or to add to him for a sotw chara, butI will consider all offers

XBOX 360 team name: ASHL Slingers

Parrish is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 03:53 PM
  #800
Hrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScore71 View Post
There's a new banner that advertises double pucks and 2x chance at TOTW but I still didn't earn double pucks my last game so I don't know.
Wow what the heck. Are they gonna make it 2x pucks and 2x TOTY every weekend now? The market has no chance to recover

Hrad is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.