HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#44|Apr. 18, 2013|Devils at Flyers| 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Loving Gus.
Me too. People need to lighten up around here and start looking at the positives.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Totally Radivojevic

This team is the absolute worst at getting out of their own end efficiently. All teams have to do is throw it deep and we'll fumble it away/turn it over. Passes of any distance are almost always inaccurate and lead to losing possession. It's honestly painful to watch.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
as is usual with a game with Bryz. the team knows 1 goal is followed by others. usualy faster then the Offense has a chance to keep up with.

tonite it was pretty clear early on we were getting shutout.

somehow you can just tell when the flyers arent gunna score even once.
And it's worse when the captain leads by example (like he should) and no one follows it...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
as is usual with a game with Bryz. the team knows 1 goal is followed by others. usualy faster then the Offense has a chance to keep up with.

tonite it was pretty clear early on we were getting shutout.

somehow you can just tell when the flyers arent gunna score even once.
Yep, every time you can tell with some time to go. If only I could find an 'in play' bookies.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Bryzgalov was given third star. Beefy, that is the same as hitting 4 out of 5 on a parlay.
Was this a star for the Devils? Briere ought to have been a star in that case, the wraparound attempt on the side of the net was simply...something. Yeah. It sure was a thing.

Gert B Frobe

The Devils game plan is simple - they are a bad team but know that all they have to do is pressure the puck carrier all over the ice and - hell - we win! They know it's going to work because it DOES EVERY TIME against this team/coach.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's actually Crayon.
Ah, the real street stuff.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Like I said up thread...gimme some more of Lavi next year against tight checking teams and Bryz who plays mediocre which doesn't exactly spur inspiration...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Even so, he gave up 2 goals. Only 2 goals. And the Flyers scored none. Regardless of how many went in, we still wouldn't have won. Even if it was 1-0 and that breakaway didn't happen, we would of still lost and not because of the goalie.
Bryz is still part of the blame. That's just the way I see it. We can debate stats and lack of offense all night. But the goals he lets in just doesn't justify his salary. It's like buying a snazzy sports car and only getting the power of a small compact out of it.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
This team is the absolute worst at getting out of their own end efficiently. All teams have to do is throw it deep and we'll fumble it away/turn it over. Passes of any distance are almost always inaccurate and lead to losing possession. It's honestly painful to watch.
I think that the defense - even with a healthy Coburn and Grossman are just that bad. Put a bad goalie behind that in a system ill-suited to defensemen who don't skate or pass well and there you go. A handful of good forwards gets you enough wins for the 8th pick or something.

The only bright spot for this season has been Voracek. The guy is so strong and is going to keep improving.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
The Devils game plan is simple - they are a bad team but know that all they have to do is pressure the puck carrier all over the ice and - hell - we win! They know it's going to work because it DOES EVERY TIME against this team/coach.
Yup.....1 and 4 against them this year....they totally know how to neutralize us.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM

Everyone behind us losing tonight, they're a bit more experienced at all this. I feel like we brought a pistol to a tank fight.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

So Gus was neat. And I didn't hate Manning.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LegionOfDoom91

I like how Jimmy and the boys went to great lengths to defend Bryz on the first goal. That made me chuckle.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Everyone behind us losing tonight, they're a bit more experienced at all this. I feel like we brought a pistol to a tank fight.
More like a BB gun. The teams we have actually beaten the past couple weeks had no business losing to us.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Bryz is still part of the blame. That's just the way I see it. We can debate stats and lack of offense all night. But the goals he lets in just doesn't justify his salary. It's like buying a snazzy sports car and only getting the power of a small compact out of it.
I think it's funny when his salary is mentioned when the trade deadline is already gone and we can't do the amnesty buy out. During that period, salary essentially means nothing. I understand he's getting paid that much, but as it is with the team right now and where they are in the season, that has no bearing. Not like we can buy him out immediately. He gets his money regardless. When it becomes the off-season, then you can use the salary as an excuse.

He could be paid the minimum and we still would of lost with the same result and there is no way to do anything about it until the off-season.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
I think it's funny when his salary is mentioned when the trade deadline is already gone and we can't do the amnesty buy out. During that period, salary essentially means nothing. I understand he's getting paid that much, but as it is with the team right now and where they are in the season, that has no bearing. Not like we can buy him out immediately. He gets his money regardless. When it becomes the off-season, then you can use the salary as an excuse.

He could be paid the minimum and we still would of lost with the same result and there is no way to do anything about it until the off-season.
This doesn't work out, because we had his salary during the last offseason and leading up to the trade deadline...two times where it had a direct impact on the amount we could spend.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
MP92

I wouldn't even give Lavi a shot to coach this team next year. Im not blaming him completely for this abysmal season but the guy has proven he can't adjust his game plan when playing tight checking teams like the Devils. The guy is too ****ing stubborn. Adios

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
This doesn't work out, because we had his salary during the last offseason and leading up to the trade deadline...two times where it had a direct impact on the amount we could spend.
I'm saying, as of right now, we can't do anything with it. That's why in this moment in the season, that excuse doesn't really work. When the season is over and we're allowed to do buy out and so on, then use it all you like.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
I think that the defense - even with a healthy Coburn and Grossman are just that bad. Put a bad goalie behind that in a system ill-suited to defensemen who don't skate or pass well and there you go. A handful of good forwards gets you enough wins for the 8th pick or something.

The only bright spot for this season has been Voracek. The guy is so strong and is going to keep improving.
Agreed, it was a huge problem even before any defensemen went down.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
I'm saying, as of right now, we can't do anything with it. That's why in this moment in the season, that excuse doesn't really work. When the season is over and we're allowed to do buy out and so on, then use it all you like.
Yeah, but it DOES work, because while this team was constructed his cap hit counted. Just because it isn't actively affecting moves we can make because we can't make moves right now, doesn't change the fact that it did indeed count during the offseason or before the deadline.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Yeah, but it DOES work, because while this team was constructed his cap hit counted. Just because it isn't actively affecting moves we can make because we can't make moves right now, doesn't change the fact that it did indeed count during the offseason or before the deadline.
It does count during those times, yes. But right now, it's between the deadline and the offseason.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

I'll put a vote in for Simmonds as well. And Timonen. And mostly Luke Schenn.

Quote:
It does count during those times, yes. But right now, it's between the deadline and the offseason.
...which does nothing to change the fact that his cap hit was indeed a factor when the team was put together for the season. Nor does it change the fact that it will continue counting during those times until it is made to go away via amnesty.

Edit: His cap hit was a factor when the team was built, and ever since he has spent far, far too much time failing to play up to it. The fact that cap hits are currently, at this moment, of minimal importance because no moves aside from internal shuffling can occur, does not alter that reality. So yeah, it does matter a lot that he's failing to play up to it. Just like it still matters that Briere isn't coming close to his. Their two cap hits detracted from potential depth, and the two of them haven't compensated for that with high quality play.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
3 posts mean nothing. Not even a shot on goal or they went in. We even hit a post in this game. It doesn't mean anything.
are you kidding ??

OF COURSE posts count negatively towards Bryz.
so does 'looking behind him'
as well as closing his eyes, farting, growing a beard & us not scoring

its ALL his fault !!

Randy Miller ‏
Quote:
Hartnell on Flyers 3-0 loss to Devils "It was almost like men playing with kids. We lost pretty much every battle."

SHHHHHHHH, don't tell the Bryz Bashers

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

It's mind boggling on why Lavy doesn't seem to adjust to the tight checking teams we continue to lose against. IE: Rangers, Devils, and Bruins.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote