HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Derick Brassard

Old
04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The whole team should've shot more.
Yes, it's like they were all just trying to make the perfect pass. Richards had a lot of space on the PP and he... passes to MDZ who gets his shot blocked. It might have worked if they were passing well tonight but uh, they were incredibly sloppy with the passes.

Glad to see Brass get a point on the OT winner, it was a beautiful pass and I thought he had a good game overall.

Affinity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

When he came to the Rangers, I described Brass as a guy who will make a big play in a game where we're struggling to score. Well....

"We go again." -Steven Gerrard
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
aufheben
Jung at heart

vCash: 50
I love Bailey falling over as it slides through his legs.

aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:11 AM
SA16
Two by two...

Is there a video of Sam calling the game winner?

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:16 AM
trilobyte

That kind of passing play should happen more often.

Rangers fans wet their pants when they stuff like this. Hey, I'm not dissing it, the thought and the touch that Brassard showed was beautiful.
But why is this kind of thing so damned rare?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:08 AM
richardsequalscup*

Maybe Richards can remember how to play hockey and makes some passes like that instead of being a cone.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post

Rangers fans wet their pants when they stuff like this. Hey, I'm not dissing it, the thought and the touch that Brassard showed was beautiful.
Inconsistent offense from everyone sans Step & Nasher.

Step & Nasher, the new CBS tv series detective duo.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:05 PM
wr50l

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post

I know what you mean.

Also, those behind the back passes for his first two NYR assists were like something I'd never seen before!

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Cyborg Yzerman

Brassard has huge upside, he isn't the first line center he was projected to be when he was drafted, but I'm fairly sure that he can still be a good/very good second line center. Guys got the hands, just needs the proper atmosphere and confidence.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Brassard has huge upside, he isn't the first line center he was projected to be when he was drafted, but I'm fairly sure that he can still be a good/very good second line center. Guys got the hands, just needs the proper atmosphere and confidence.
Brassard has skill.... he reminds me of a less skilled Marc Savard.... Brass problem has always been pressure and confidence... his work ethic is very good for a skilled player

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
3rd Guy High

I said when he was traded here he's a heck of a player that would thrive playing here.

He's been one of our best players since he's arrived and makes so many little smart plays that make such a big difference that the average fan doesn't notice.

Lifting his stick on Nash's goal tonight allowed Nash to get the puck with more space vs brassard getting it right infront of a defenseman.

On his second goal, battling infront but more importantly popping out into a soft area to get a pass (something that none of our team does and we need more of. That's a huge thing when it comes to scoring more goals.).

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Lundsanity30

He's been a great get since coming here.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:56 PM
ecemleafs

on pace for a 92 point season over 82 games with NYR

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:58 PM
M0rbid

beast mode. Only if he can be a bit more consistent.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:04 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Like I said at the deadline, this was a good move for the NYR and a good move for the CBJ's - and we haven't even seen Dorsett yet. Brassard brings depth and talent to our seemingly always weak middle (which is no longer the case) and is an asset on the PP. 9 points in 8 games is a better pace than Gabby on the CBJ's (3 G, 4 A in 8 games). Brassard is better defensively than he's given credit for as well. Long term, this deal helps us and helps our cap problems, too. Win for Sather.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
9 points in 8 games since joining the club. Love it.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Big fan of this guy. I am loving the trade more and more and Dorsett hasn't even played yet. He will only improve the fourth line. Gaborik would not fetch this quality next season and there's no way he'd resign. John Moore might be the big prize of the trade when all is said and done.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Outscoring Gabby since the trade.

I didn't see the game tonight, but I seriously do love Brass God's creativity on the powerplay.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:26 AM
zuckera1

Anyone here still disagree with the Gaborik trade? Moore has the potential to be as good as, in my opinion, MDZ or Marc Staal in a few years. Brassard should put up 40-50 points a year, and is a solid 3nd line center, a good 2nd line center. Dorsett has heart and will provide us with even more depth, while giving the 4th line more jump. We also save on the cap as well.

I'm glad we gave away all of Gaborik's occasional goals and his floating for all of that in return. Not to mention that his play has nowhere to go but down. Brassard and Moore haven't even reached their primes yet.

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:31 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Big fan of this guy. I am loving the trade more and more and Dorsett hasn't even played yet. He will only improve the fourth line. Gaborik would not fetch this quality next season and there's no way he'd resign. John Moore might be the big prize of the trade when all is said and done.
3rd line.

Dorsett is more of a third liner. Clear upgrade over Boyle imo. Clowe-Richards-Dorsett could be a good third line. Hagelin-Stepan-Nash and Zucc-Brassard-Callahan being the other lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Outscoring Gabby since the trade.

I didn't see the game tonight, but I seriously do love Brass God's creativity on the powerplay.
He was great on the first two PPs tonight, and he just looked good period. Seems very confident with the puck on his stick. He's starting to shoot a little more, too, and the guy can fire it. He had a rocket of a slapshot that just missed early in the third.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:23 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

One of the better passers on the team...

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:27 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Our 2nd best center, until Brad wakes up from his coma. Maybe the real Brad Richards is still out in PEI? Anyway, props to both of them for last night, they deserve some love around here. Lets pot some more on Miller, a much tougher goalie to beat than Scotty.

5 4 Fighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:37 AM
NYR Viper

The team lacked skill and the ability to control the puck. Adding MZA AND Brassard has really helped in that regard. He has been good. I am not going to say he is better than Gaborik, but for what this team needs, and where, IMO, it is going in the future, he will be a good piece.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Leetch2McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Anyone here still disagree with the Gaborik trade? Moore has the potential to be as good as, in my opinion, MDZ or Marc Staal in a few years. Brassard should put up 40-50 points a year, and is a solid 3nd line center, a good 2nd line center. Dorsett has heart and will provide us with even more depth, while giving the 4th line more jump. We also save on the cap as well.

I'm glad we gave away all of Gaborik's occasional goals and his floating for all of that in return. Not to mention that his play has nowhere to go but down. Brassard and Moore haven't even reached their primes yet.
I wanted Gabby GONE WHILE he was scoring 41 Goals for the team last year. I called for trainf him while his value was high last season. Thank God they got rid of that Bum in this trade and got some assets. That and his massive 7.5 cap hit

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I believe that Brassard benefits just by getting out of Columbus. He gets to a team where the young leadership core has already been established. He's no longer a top 10 pick that the franchise is waiting to develop. He has both Stepan and Richards carrying the burden of being the top two centers. He gets to just play his game. I liked the kid in the 2006 draft, and was happy to hear that the Rangers had been targeting him as far back as 2010. So far, so good.

Last edited by jas: 04-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.
jas is online now   Reply With Quote