HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Old
04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Habs depth is fine. It's their inability to outplay the opponents when we do have a healthy lineup that is worrisome of late. That and the D.

Would you guys go back in time, take the loss to Boston and have Emelin back? (Seems like a no-brainer, but that was a sweet win.)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:21 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
White came back. Bourque came back. Diaz is likely to play Saturday. Maybe, just maybe they knew how close these players were to returning? Adding players like Bourque and Diaz is like adding players at the trade deadline - without giving up assets.
White came back, and Armstrong is gone. Bourque came back and Ryder is injured. Diaz might be coming back, but Emelin is not. Prust is walking wounded.

The fact is that in this league you're going to be carrying a few injured players at any given time. And while the Habs can cope I'd feel much more confident going into the playoffs with third liners playing on the fourth line. Even if it cost us a draft pick or two.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
White came back, and Armstrong is gone. Bourque came back and Ryder is injured. Diaz might be coming back, but Emelin is not. Prust is walking wounded.

The fact is that in this league you're going to be carrying a few injured players at any given time. And while the Habs can cope I'd feel much more confident going into the playoffs with third liners playing on the fourth line. Even if it cost us a draft pick or two.
Just tell me this: would you have given up a 2nd round pick for second liner Raffi Torres?

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:42 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Just tell me this: would you have given up a 2nd round pick for second liner Raffi Torres?
Torres?

Hell no.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:46 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
White came back. Bourque came back. Diaz is likely to play Saturday. Maybe, just maybe they knew how close these players were to returning? Adding players like Bourque and Diaz is like adding players at the trade deadline - without giving up assets.
I have really been impressed with Bourque's defensive play since coming back.

Since his return to the first line, he has completely shut down Ryder's production to zero. Not too many other teams, much less individual players have been able to do that.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
idk

Quote:
Nope. But I would've considered dropping a second, a third and another second or fifth on Clowe. I'd consider dropping a second or first, Leblanc and a prospect for Jagr. Jokinen. Roy. Morrow. O'Byrne. Redden. Regher.

Depth - it's how teams like Pittsburgh (with injuries to Neal, Martin, Crosby and Malkin) can just keep winning. We don't have anyone capable of stepping in to replace Diaz, Emelin, Ryder or Prust.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Mr. Hab

Any news on Diaz?

Prust?

I hope Prust rests to be 100% for playoffs, and hopefully Diaz comes back to at least play 3-4 games before playoffs.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Nope. But I would've considered dropping a second, a third and another second or fifth on Clowe. I'd consider dropping a second or first, Leblanc and a prospect for Jagr. Jokinen. Roy. Morrow. O'Byrne. Redden. Regher.

Depth - it's how teams like Pittsburgh (with injuries to Neal, Martin, Crosby and Malkin) can just keep winning. We don't have anyone capable of stepping in to replace Diaz, Emelin, Ryder or Prust.
you must be kidding.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Habs

That Diaz concussion must be close to career ending, considering he didn't take much of a hit. Can't imagine what an actual hit to the head will do if he comes back.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:33 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you must be kidding.
Not at all. O'Byrne was playing twenty minutes a night on a very bad Colorado team and was only minus eight. He also has 98 hits on the season - that puts him in front of everyone on this team not name Alexi. But it wouldn't be prudent to carry a guy like that into the playoffs, would it? Better to get a guy like Davis Drewiske - a guy who barely played thirteen minutes a night against the weakest opposition LA could throw him at.

Redden, OTOH, is simple veteran depth. Sit in the press box and spot fill for your better guys when they go down - he's at least as reliable as Bealieau and Drewiske have been.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
SB164

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m

Raphael Diaz (concussion) is meeting the doctor tonight and will have to see him Friday. Could play Saturday. #canadiens #RDS

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:04 PM
EveryDay

Colby Armstrong back on the ice but will not play this week-end

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/r...ation-1.610584

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Habsoil

Emelin

So i assumed we would not see Emilin back til next season!
My friend is telling me he is only out 4-6 weeks which could mean if we make it past the 1st round, he could return for the second round!

Any truth to this or am i being led astray?

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Danadiens

vCash: 1450
Quote:
Not at all. O'Byrne was playing twenty minutes a night on a very bad Colorado team and was only minus eight. He also has 98 hits on the season - that puts him in front of everyone on this team not name Alexi. But it wouldn't be prudent to carry a guy like that into the playoffs, would it? Better to get a guy like Davis Drewiske - a guy who barely played thirteen minutes a night against the weakest opposition LA could throw him at.

Redden, OTOH, is simple veteran depth. Sit in the press box and spot fill for your better guys when they go down - he's at least as reliable as Bealieau and Drewiske have been.
O'Byrne? The guy Avs fans couldn't wait to see traded away?

Oh but he hits. Everyone knows hits are the best way to see if someone is good at defending...

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadiens View Post
O'Byrne? The guy Avs fans couldn't wait to see traded away?

Oh but he hits. Everyone knows hits are the best way to see if someone is good at defending...
Do you know who else hits for Toronto? Komisarek.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
That Diaz concussion must be close to career ending, considering he didn't take much of a hit. Can't imagine what an actual hit to the head will do if he comes back.
He got a skate to the chin. Wasn't really a "hit".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Do you know who else hits for Toronto? Komisarek.
The only thing he is hitting is the snacks in the press box.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

He played 20 mins a game on a bad team. Maybe that is why they were bad? Think about it.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m

Raphael Diaz (concussion) is meeting the doctor tonight and will have to see him Friday. Could play Saturday. #canadiens #RDS

Thanks for this important info.
I guess he is meeting the doctor for that ''green light''?
(This thread should be about injuries and is messed up with all kinds of other subjects!! good we finally have info about current health of our players...thanks).

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Bouillon-Weber
Drewiskie

------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to ''EveryDay'' for info (I also saw on CTV sports with Brian Wilde...and Wilde said Armstrong could be playing soon...great for 3rd-4th line depth in case of injuries...Armstrong has a lot of playoff experience...very important):

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-18-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 09:27 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Thanks to ''EveryDay'' for info (I also saw on CTV sports with Brian Wilde...and Wilde said Armstrong could be playing soon...great for 3rd-4th line depth in case of injuries...Armstrong has a lot of playoff experience...very important):

5 career NHL playoff games is a lot of playoff experience?

Old
04-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Mr. Hab

Prust?

He's just taking precautionary rest? (I hope so...why aggravate his injury before playoffs).

Old
04-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
5 career NHL playoff games is a lot of playoff experience?
Woops...didn't check, but I thought he had lots of experience with Pittsburgh. My apologies for wrong info...also good to know.

Ah well...**** Armstrong then!

p.s.: I really thought he had 3-4 rounds of playoff experience!
(well...maybe he will with our Habs!!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-18-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 10:09 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Woops...didn't check, but I thought he had lots of experience with Pittsburgh. My apologies for wrong info...also good to know.

Ah well...**** Armstrong then!

p.s.: I really thought he had 3-4 rounds of playoff experience!
(well...maybe he will with our Habs!!).
He was traded for Hossa. Hossa came in on Pittsburghs first Stanley Cup run, which was Crosbys second playoff run. On Crosbys first playoff run, with Armstrong, they were eliminated in the first round by Ottawa.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Habs depth is fine. It's their inability to outplay the opponents when we do have a healthy lineup that is worrisome of late. That and the D.

Would you guys go back in time, take the loss to Boston and have Emelin back? (Seems like a no-brainer, but that was a sweet win.)
Emelin was a huge loss.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Emelin was a huge loss.
It looks to easy to say this...even though I'm not disagreeing.
Emelin was our 5th dman but then moved up to 4th when Diaz went down.
Right before the Emelin injury many of us Hab fans were very meh with Emelin.
We liked his physical presence more than anything else but still meh with other aspects of his game. Still...I'd rather him him healthy of course! Rumor on injury thread has it that he may come back in 4 weeks??? not sure about that...but hope so.

We should be able to do well without Emelin.
Instead of bruising hits we'll have more offense from Weber hopefully.
And I really hope his defense will be above average.

Our top 3 dmen are the ones I really worry about (Subban, Gorges, Markov).
And then there's our 4th dman...Diaz (he was really hot in the beginning of the season...hopefully he could with a bit of time re-capture that.
This could be the first time or rare time we have Subban, Gorges, and Markov all healthy at once for our playoffs...we better do well! Add Diaz to our top 4 and we're looking good.

If your team goes downhill because of an injury to an Emelin...your team has no depth whatsoever. I'd rather lose Emelin VS Subban, Gorges, Markov, and maybe even vs Diaz. And imo Gorges will pick it up and be that warrior we know in the playoffs...if not I'll really be disappointed in him.
2014 playoffs...Tinordi and Beaulieu, and then Ellis and Dietz.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz/Weber
Bouillon-Weber/Diaz
Drewiskie
Emelin (4-6 weeks?)
Tinordi
Beaulieu

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-18-2013 at 10:39 PM.