HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The funniest part is the delusional Leaf fans who started booking a caterer to celebrate finishing first in the division. Some of those yokels simply assumed Montreal and Boston would lose every game to accommodate them, allowing the Leafs to magically win every game and sneak ahead.
I tought we'd lose all the game too

Old
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Here's what is needed, obviously I'm assuming the Rangers-Islanders-Senators-Capitals all get in too and finish ahead of TOR. Looking at their schedules, I think that should happen. WSH is the most in danger as they face us, then 3 home games vs WPG-OTT-BOS. Tough end to their season!

Jets:

win vs NYI in regulation or OT
win @ BUF in regulation or OT
OT/SO loss @ WSH
win vs MTL in regulation or OT

Gives them 7 points, total of 55 points, 24 ROWs.

Maple Leafs:

reg. loss @ OTT
reg. loss @ TB
SO win @ FLA
reg. loss vs MTL

Gives them 55 points, 24 ROWs.

Jets finish ahead of Toronto due to head-to-head season series tie-breaker.

It's a bit far stretched, but this TOR team has NEVER faced this type of pressure. Who knows how they will react if this scenario plays out entering the final week?

Old
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
The best part could be the Habs finishing them off in the final game of the year... Interesting facts.

This would be sweet!

Old
04-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post

This would be sweet!
Payback motha****as!!!!!

Old
04-18-2013, 10:46 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The funniest part is the delusional Leaf fans who started booking a caterer to celebrate finishing first in the division. Some of those yokels simply assumed Montreal and Boston would lose every game to accommodate them, allowing the Leafs to magically win every game and sneak ahead.
Yep, they were being idiots making threads about our "collapse" and now it looks like the Leafs are the ones collapsing.

6 points up on them with 4 games remaining, almost guaranteed to finish ahead of them!

Old
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
MarkovsKnee

I seriously doubt the Leafs blow their playoff spot - way too many things have to happen. I can see them easily sweep the Florida series, but it will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure if they haven't clinched by the TB game.

But, yeah, it would be sweet for the Leafs to choke with the heat on down the stretch. They have the Sens on Saturday and Ottawa has had trouble with the Leafs this year. I hate the Sens, but Go Sens Go!

Old
04-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Detroit now 10th in the West with the Dallas win.

Columbus down 2-1 in LA. CBJ needs at least a point tonight considering they have played 1 more game than DAL and 2 more than DET after tonight. The other 2 teams also have more ROWs.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
nasty goal by Huberdeau

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

Johnny T on a classic play by Streit

lmao big buff looks like hes about to fly away ( we should trade for him if possible next year)

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 04-18-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Hullois

Wow some more **** in Boston, officer just killed at MIT

Old
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Wow some more **** in Boston, officer just killed at MIT
Yea tonight's Boston game might be cancelled too, they killed one of the Boston Marathon suspects and the city is in lockdown while they look for the other.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Lshap

Man, this whole season is playing out like a "24" episode. It all spins to a thrilling conclusion in eight days!

Don't think Leafs fall apart totally - though it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch - but wouldn't be surprised to see them drop a spot, maybe to 6th or 7th. As happy as I am for their long-suffering fans that they'll make the playoffs, I'm just as happy for their squealing farm animal fans that they won't finish as high or strong as they hoped. In case it isn't clear, I'm really sickened at some of the low-class behaviour in their fan base.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Yea tonight's Boston game might be cancelled too, they killed one of the Boston Marathon suspects and the city is in lockdown while they look for the other.
This too has turned into a 24 episode. Nobody had these brothers on their radar. I hope they catch the younger one and let him live as example of human misery and filth. Tempted to jump on the death-penalty bandwagon, but I know - intellectually anyway - that it's wrong.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:57 AM
gusfring

Isles set the tone early by engaging McLaren and Orr and end up winning.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Bruins might end up finishing the rest of their regular season after the playoffs start

Old
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Bruins might end up finishing the rest of their regular season after the playoffs start
Yea it's tough for the NHL because those games will definitely affect playoff seeding.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
How's that even possible? Those games will have an impact on the playoff picture. At the very least, it will impact the Habs...

Old
04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
How's that even possible? Those games will have an impact on the playoff picture. At the very least, it will impact the Habs...
Their Ottawa game is rescheduled for the 28th so they'll have to play back-to-back on the 28th and 29th because the playoffs start on the 30th.

Last edited by sharks9: 04-19-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

No way should they be playing the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the just cancel the game outright.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No way should they be playing the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the just cancel the game outright.
If they arrest the suspect at 2pm and the game is at 7, no reason to cancel it.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
They're Ottawa game is rescheduled for the 28th so they'll have to play back-to-back on the 28th and 29th because the playoffs start on the 30th.
Allright. The bruins played very few back to back games this season. And usually always lost at least one of them.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Habsawce

They are definitely going to have some condensed games at the end of the season which is unfair for them, but the entire situation in Boston is unfair for everyone.

Sometimes there are things just more important than a hockey team, and this is one of those times.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
They are definitely going to have some condensed games at the end of the season which is unfair for them, but the entire situation in Boston is unfair for everyone.

Sometimes there are things just more important than a hockey team, and this is one of those times.
Yes it is unfair considering the atrocious events in Boston.

But the Bruins have played very few back to back games this season. And what about the Sens ? Is it unfair too ? That game could really decide whre lots of teams will finish in the standings.

I am really sorry. But it could had been reschedule because of a hurricane or snow storm, too.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Yes it is unfair considering the atrocious events in Boston.

But the Bruins have played very few back to back games this season. And what about the Sens ? Is it unfair too ? That game could really decide whre lots of teams will finish in the standings.

I am really sorry. But it could had been reschedule because of a hurricane or snow storm, too.
Yeah I agree with this. Of course the situation in Boston is horrible, but there is an NHL season, there are other teams and part of the adversity Boston will have to face (unfortunately for them, and I take no enjoyment in this) is having their hockey team play within a tight schedule...like the rest of the league. They've had it easy so far, so this is not something that I feel too bad about in so far as the bruins are concerned. If the NHL gives them a pass on this potentially canceled game tonight (vs the Pens, no less!!!), it will most likely change the face of the playoff seeding and while there are things more important than hockey, that should apply to them if they complain about coming 4th IF they lose as a result, which they might not. (i.e. your team will have to play the leafs, some things are more important than hockey).

Not trying to be a dick, I'm actually trying to separate hockey and the horrible tragedy. If it were the other way around, I would just get behind the Habs and cheer them on. Then go on to sweep the Leafs (I doubt they'll collapse further).

Old
04-19-2013, 11:07 AM
BJG

How about this scenario?

Last game of the season: we beat the leafs and finish second, leaving them in 7th.
Last game of the season: we lose to the leafs and fall to fourth while they secure the 5th seed.

Either way, we host them in the first round. Unlikely, but would be a cool situation.

In reality, now that Boston will be playing at least one if not two games following that Saturday night, there would be no way of knowing at the time that this was playing out, only in retrospect.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
How about this scenario?

Last game of the season: we beat the leafs and finish second, leaving them in 7th.
Last game of the season: we lose to the leafs and fall to fourth while they secure the 5th seed.

Either way, we host them in the first round. Unlikely, but would be a cool situation.

In reality, now that Boston will be playing at least one if not two games following that Saturday night, there would be no way of knowing at the time that this was playing out, only in retrospect.
I think the Bruins are strong enough to weather the back to back situation they MAY be put in, but would be awesome to get 2nd and play the isles. It seems like this is possible IF we improve back to our former selves and just go win city from now on. Boston won't drop 3 games, but they might drop one of Ottawa/Pitt with room for an unlucky performance against a weaker team. They have two games on us now, so if they get 8 pts (2 reg loss) and we get 8 pts (winning all), we'd have the edge in points. I think that's our only chance. Leafs will bounce back, they're not the leafs of old. They'll be 5th, book it. Isles might overtake Ottawa though.

Closed Thread