HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Seven pages for Bud. I wonder how many pages a thread about Pavel Rosa or Vitali Yachmenev would have lasted back in the day...

Old
04-17-2013, 07:15 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Seven pages for Bud. I wonder how many pages a thread about Pavel Rosa or Vitali Yachmenev would have lasted back in the day...
Do you add up all the posts ever about those guys? Cause yeah, if so at least 7 pages... Heck Rosa still pops up now and again in any of the random Moulson, Purcell, Boyle, (soon to add Hickey, Loktionov, and Clune to that list?) threads...

Old
04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Do you add up all the posts ever about those guys? Cause yeah, if so at least 7 pages... Heck Rosa still pops up now and again in any of the random Moulson, Purcell, Boyle, (soon to add Hickey, Loktionov, and Clune to that list?) threads...
Jerred Smithson feels left out.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Jerred Smithson feels left out.
He and Jon Sim should start a support group.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Yanick Lehoux approves of this thread.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Jared Aulin does not.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Ollie Weeks

Petr Kanko is unsure of it all.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:05 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Anaheim signed some guy, time to sign Bud. It seems only right.
If Laganiere joins Ducks after he is done with classes, he could practice with them but wouldn't be eligible to play in playoffs. Per nothelen

Old
04-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

Did Holloway's team sweep the finals?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

They won 4-0 to complete the sweep.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

if something were to get done, would it happen soon?

Old
04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
if something were to get done, would it happen soon?
I'd say after the NHL season but before July 1st is more likely. That is unless the Kings want to try and sign him and bring him over to get a look in practice/games to get a better idea of where he fits, but that may cost them as my understanding would be it'd be a multi-year contract then right?

Old
04-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I'd say after the NHL season but before July 1st is more likely. That is unless the Kings want to try and sign him and bring him over to get a look in practice/games to get a better idea of where he fits, but that may cost them as my understanding would be it'd be a multi-year contract then right?
Not really sure what you are asking. Bud Holloway is a UFA on July 5th. If the Kings plan to bring him over for an audition, it'll happen very soon. Contract is not limited in any way in regards to length. Holloway will not sign for less than 1 mil per season (one-way) for 2 years (this and next), IMO, since he will get 1-2 mil per in UFA and a deal to finish out the year might hurt his chances in UFA.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:08 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I love the thought of Holloway possibly being a king next year, but where would he play? He's a natural RW much like Toffoli. I don't see Holloway replacing Lewis on the 3RW, so, unless, Holloway can play 2LW, I don't see a spot for him.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:16 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not really sure what you are asking. Bud Holloway is a UFA on July 5th. If the Kings plan to bring him over for an audition, it'll happen very soon. Contract is not limited in any way in regards to length. Holloway will not sign for less than 1 mil per season (one-way) for 2 years (this and next), IMO, since he will get 1-2 mil per in UFA and a deal to finish out the year might hurt his chances in UFA.
I have now heard that the two sides aren't talking as of yesterday. I think we will see Bud in the NHL, where I have no idea but he could get his shot.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have now heard that the two sides aren't talking as of yesterday. I think we will see Bud in the NHL, where I have no idea but he could get his shot.
Heard the same thing. Unless something changes, looks like he'll be UFA in July.

Also, something that's a pretty big disadvantage for the Kings: every team can talk to him now, as he's still an NHL free agent. It would be tough to reel him in, in any circumstance, when every team that has interest can court him well in advance of July 1.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

According to Swedish state television Bud Holloway stays in Sweden for another season.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:12 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
According to Swedish state television Bud Holloway stays in Sweden for another season.
If true then good bye Holloway.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
True, and untrue at the same time. Yes, he has agreed to stay in Skellefteć AIK, but he has an out-clause like every other player in the SEL. So, if the Kings come knocking and want him, he'll be yours.

I sincerely hope that the Kings give him a chance, or at least trade his rights away. He's a really fantastic guy that deserves a chance, and did what he thought was best for him. It saddens me to see all the hate that is directed towards him, and the talk about him being some kind of entitled little brat, because he is far from that. Holloway has played for my team for two seasons now, and he is loved by the whole city. He is definitely one of main reasons as to why we won the championship this year, and not only because of his scoring and passing, but also because of his attitude and happiness. He's a ****ing bundle of joy, and it shows. He works hard every day, even if he is struggling at times.

Now, Holloway also played in a very good team, with a focus on doing things at high speed and high intensity. I believe this will have helped him, and will be useful when he gets a chance again in the NHL. Yes, the SEL is not as physical as the NHL, but I'm a 100% sure that he'd manage in the NHL as well. He seems to not be injury prone as well, since he has hasn't missed many matches at all (1 at most, I think).

Just give him a chance, alright? He's not the devil, nor is he a brat. He's a good kid who did what he believed was the right thing for him. Accept that, and realize that you don't always have to take the AHL-route to be a good NHL-player.

Oh, and while I'm here... Here's some fun Holloway-stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXLpfLlB7wY

Old
04-20-2013, 04:43 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Happy 4/20 bud!

Old
04-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
True, and untrue at the same time. Yes, he has agreed to stay in Skellefteć AIK, but he has an out-clause like every other player in the SEL. So, if the Kings come knocking and want him, he'll be yours.

I sincerely hope that the Kings give him a chance, or at least trade his rights away. He's a really fantastic guy that deserves a chance, and did what he thought was best for him. It saddens me to see all the hate that is directed towards him, and the talk about him being some kind of entitled little brat, because he is far from that. Holloway has played for my team for two seasons now, and he is loved by the whole city. He is definitely one of main reasons as to why we won the championship this year, and not only because of his scoring and passing, but also because of his attitude and happiness. He's a ****ing bundle of joy, and it shows. He works hard every day, even if he is struggling at times.

Now, Holloway also played in a very good team, with a focus on doing things at high speed and high intensity. I believe this will have helped him, and will be useful when he gets a chance again in the NHL. Yes, the SEL is not as physical as the NHL, but I'm a 100% sure that he'd manage in the NHL as well. He seems to not be injury prone as well, since he has hasn't missed many matches at all (1 at most, I think).

Just give him a chance, alright? He's not the devil, nor is he a brat. He's a good kid who did what he believed was the right thing for him. Accept that, and realize that you don't always have to take the AHL-route to be a good NHL-player.

Thank you for your post. Much appreciated.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:13 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Quote:
That video was kind of funny and sad. Nice contrast with punk ass drew doughty's crib. Any chance Holloway could take Penner's spot in the lineup by like tonight?

Old
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

Holloway is an NHL UFA this off-season, so if any team wants to take a chance on him they will get their opportunity, no need for LA to trade his rights.

Always been a big fan of Holloway, want to see him get a chance in NHL next season.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:13 AM
damacles1156

Quote:

Holloway will be an UFA, some team will give him his one way contract. Bud will get his shot.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Omni Owl
Ray of Black Sun

I'd rather have him in there than Penner...

Closed Thread