HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Pyatt

Old
04-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staals Eyeballs View Post
He got a point tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought he looked good, but I'm sure no one will agree.

Btw, your username should totally be Stall's Eyebaals.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Wolfy

vCash: 500
Well I agree, 31. Pyatt is obviously our whipping boy, for little reason in my opinion. He has 13 years of NHL experience, that means the guy must have done something right, and it deserves some respect.

And something else you should know about Pyatt, if you don't already. Back in 2009 he lost his fiance in a car accident a couple of months before the wedding. Very tough for him, but he made it back.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:33 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I thought he looked good, but I'm sure no one will agree.

Btw, your username should totally be Stall's Eyebaals.
I agree.

He was actually contributing to the play tonight. Couldn't believe it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I agree.

I find myself rooting for this guy and being disappointed almost always; kinda like Phil Mickelson. He needs to be considered for a benching if we make the playoffs unless there's room for him on the 4th line and I wouldn't play him over Powe (whose offensive skills are unbelievably bad) and Asham. And if Dorsett is put on the 4th line, then Pyatt has to sit.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I find myself rooting for this guy and being disappointed almost always; kinda like Phil Mickelson. He needs to be considered for a benching if we make the playoffs unless there's room for him on the 4th line and I wouldn't play him over Powe (whose offensive skills are unbelievably bad) and Asham. And if Dorsett is put on the 4th line, then Pyatt has to sit.
I think it will be Kreider who sits in this scenario.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Green Blob*

Yea he actually looked like an NHL player yesterday, first time in months.

Won't hold my breathe that continues into tonight.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Well I agree, 31. Pyatt is obviously our whipping boy, for little reason in my opinion. He has 13 years of NHL experience, that means the guy must have done something right, and it deserves some respect.

And something else you should know about Pyatt, if you don't already. Back in 2009 he lost his fiance in a car accident a couple of months before the wedding. Very tough for him, but he made it back.

Feeling sorry for him personally and wanting him on my team have nothing to do with each other. If so, we can have a team full of sad stories that Bryant Gumbel will love to have on his nothing to do with sports show. I think Pyatt is worthless and I want him gone.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Another point!!!!!!

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:45 PM
richardsequalscup*

He's awful. Nothing more to discuss.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
The Mouth

The last two games looked like scrimmages. Any point production or offensive performances should be stricken from the record. Pyatt is god awful. Richards is brutally awful.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:53 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:

So because he lost his fiancé,he gets a pass,I think not. The guy is worthless and is just there. Has no value and is taking up a spot for a gy like Kreider or Mill,preferably Kreider

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I agree.

I'm rooting for him, you can't teach someone to be 6'4", but an alarming lack of talent, he does try hard every game

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:11 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Nhl very different 13 yrs ago big cones that can't skate don't fit into fast game now

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:42 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
3 game point streak. LOL.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:44 PM
zuckera1

He's skating much better out there. He's always been good along the walls and isn't bad in the D zone.

That shot was sick too. Big goal, good for him.

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I am glad he's doing better, but this team should still trade him and Boyle for a long-term asset, and let a couple of rookies replace them. If we could get a 6.5C prospect who can play center for this pair, I'd be glad.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Brass - MZA
Dorsett - Miller/Lindberg - Powe/Fast/Thomas/Hrivik
Replacements: Asham, Haley, some of the rookies

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:11 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

If were gonna throw this guy some scraps even the haters including me,we have to admit he's pretty solid along the boards...Thats all I can muster up at this time.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
He's skating much better out there. He's always been good along the walls and isn't bad in the D zone.

That shot was sick too. Big goal, good for him.
I was happy for him as well, he skates hard every game

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
So because he lost his fiancé,he gets a pass,I think not. The guy is worthless and is just there. Has no value and is taking up a spot for a gy like Kreider or Mill,preferably Kreider
Who says he gets a pass? But it shouldn't be hard to understand that it disturbed his game for a long time.

Worthless is he? Tonight he scored a huge goal, secured a lead. Wearing the broadway hat after the game, and Torts only said good things about him. It makes your statement look silly.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Still sucks, one goal won't change that. That may be the first good shot I've seen from him since the beginning month.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Dactyl

marshmallow has been looking a little better as of late

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Pyatt was bad because he was playing with offensive black holes?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:44 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Who says he gets a pass? But it shouldn't be hard to understand that it disturbed his game for a long time.

Worthless is he? Tonight he scored a huge goal, secured a lead. Wearing the broadway hat after the game, and Torts only said good things about him. It makes your statement look silly.
YUp he scored a huge goal tonight,they should retire his # And sign him to a 8 year extension. The guy is easily replaceable. Please,she passed away3-4 years ago,excuses,EXCUSES.. He gets paid in the 7 digits,I don't wanna hear any excuses,leave ya personal problems at home. Idc bout his off ice problems,I care about what he does on the ice.

Cause I definitely prefer Pyatt out there over Miller or Kreider,no questions about it =/ amd I can name others who should be out there instead as well

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

The goals he scored at the beginning of the year and the goal he scored tonight + the time on ice during many of the goals in the last 3 games should elucidate the matter a bit. Our entire bottom six is useless offensively prior to Boyle's injury and even now. Asham with two goals during stages of the game when it is no longer key. Powe with none, Boyle with 1 legitimate goal in Washington, Kreider with 2, Miller with 2, the combined games of Newbury, Thomas, Segal, Haley, Bickel, Ferriero, Mashinter, and Rupp brought nothing to the team's offense. Our role players have not contributed offensively AT ALL. 8 goals from 4 different players and another half a dozen combining for 150+ games and 0 goals, Pyatt's 5 is better than people should give him credit for. Sure he's a marshmallow but he does the job along the boards and does the basic things well to slow the game down. That shouldn't be overlooked and taken for granted. Even if he doesn't use his body physically, he's still brings some presence to the line with his size. He doesn't kill PK or play the PP but he does the board work better than Powe and because Powe kills PK, Pyatt is useless and Powe is integral to the team? There's a lot of **** flying around over Boyle and so you have those who don't mind him and those who do and those who picked one side or the other just to join the battle. It's clear that Boyle is in fact an offensive black hole as someone said in the previous post. Torts' usage of Boyle is wrong. That's one reason why the 3rd line and our non-goal scoring personnel have not been able to find any type of offensive opportunities so it's not all on Boyle's game. At the end of the day however, being put on a line with Boyle and having many players go in and out of the line up from Kreider and Miller to Ferriero and Mashinter along with Boyle being benched and getting injured, faulting Pyatt for not scoring when he's produced the most out of all of our role players is silly.

All that he's lacking in the ability to jump up into plays when it becomes available and act as a body on the ice and a possible shooter or net front presence in 3rd/4th line offensive opportunities. You can't expect him to make plays. Along with that, more aggressive forecheck and physical play would bring his game to an above satisfactory level.

With Boyle out of the lineup, Pyatt and Richards's has been solid. He's been on the ice plenty during our 3 game goal scoring streak. His work along the boards doesn't always translate to noticeable plays, passes, outlets, and points. With his confidence up a bit (the hat being given to him over other candidates shows the team rallying around a guy who does good work and could use a boost), no doubt he will be more open to being physical.

Names of players are just that. Kreider > Pyatt, Miller > Pyatt, Thomas > Pyatt, hell, Jean > Pyatt. Under no circumstances though can anyone of those guys do the board work that Pyatt is designed to do. The eagerness of people to see Kreider and Miller play is because of the desire to see them blossom. They're not ready yet and the desire to see them blossom does not translate into a roster spot. Offensively Kreider and Miller hasn't been anything worth raging about either. Defensively, it's clear that Miller makes dumb plays once a game or two that leads to a spot where the lone D man back or henrik has to deal with and bail him out on and Kreider looks lost away from the puck and that is the biggest reason why he's not trusted by the coaching staff.

Edit: Pyatt also gets 10 minutes a game on average compared to the unfathomably high number of minutes that Boyle gets. He does his job well in the 10 minutes he gets and that's that to me. If he's not scoring when everyone else is and he's in a different world and dragging the team down, he would deserve the useless criticism.

Also, I don't understand why people are bringing the whole fiance thing into the topic. It has utterly and absolutely nothing to do with his play right here and now.

Last edited by Cresto: 04-21-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Wolfy

Well said, JCresty

Except what you later added to your post. You know nothing about how much his personal problems did or does affect his efforts on the ice.