HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Old
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
It looks to easy to say this...even though I'm not disagreeing.

Our top 3 is the ones I really worry about (Subban, Gorges, Markov).
And then there's Diaz...was really hot in the beginning of the season...hopefully he could with a bit of time re-capture that.

If your team goes downhill because of an injury to an Emelin...your team has no depth whatsoever. I'd rather lose Emelin VS Subban, Gorges, Markov. And imo Gorges will pick it up and be that warrior we know in the playoffs...if not I'll really be disappointed in him.
2014 playoffs...Tinordi and Beaulieu, and then Ellis and Dietz.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Bouillon-Weber
Drewiskie
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Emelin was a huge loss.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Mrb1p

Have they set a time for Emelin? If we go deep could he be back?

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If we go deep into the 2013/14 season he'll be back.

Seriously, from what I heard there is no way.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
If we go deep into the 2013/14 season he'll be back.

Seriously, from what I heard there is no way.
Ligaments are tough to judge... He's been out for more than a week already... Two weeks left to the season... Say we go on two 7 games rounds? Might be possible, anyway he might no even be in game shape. See you next year.

I guess 4-5 Months.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Lshap

Diaz needs to get some games under his belt if he's going to help bolster our D. He was fantastic before he got hurt and I really, REALLY hope he can get his groove back for the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Ligaments are tough to judge... He's been out for more than a week already... Two weeks left to the season... Say we go on two 7 games rounds? Might be possible, anyway he might no even be in game shape. See you next year.

I guess 4-5 Months.
They were torn, weren't they? If so, ligaments need months, not weeks. Man, what a shame...

Old
04-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Mr. Hab

Good news:

Brian Wilde on CTV sports just said that Diaz may be playing on Saturday vs the Caps. Actually...Wilde said ''there's a good chance Diaz will be playing Saturday''.

This is the kind of news we want for this thread.
Soon (hopefully!)...we can call this the healthy thread!!
(especially if Emelin comes back in 4-6 weeks or is it 4-5 months?!). Knock on wood for Subban, Gorges, and especially Markov (who is usually jinxed in the health department) to stay healthy, and let's hope Diaz is quick at regaining his solid hockey sense.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-18-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Emelin was a huge loss.
You wrote the exact same thing twice now...trying to depress everyone here?!

Emelin was a huge loss.
Subban was a huge loss.
Markov was a huge loss.
Gorges was a huge loss.
Guess which one I'll take for the playoffs.

We could write ''Emelin was a huge loss'' all day long, but it's not going to help. The team is weak (in depth) if it can't move forward.
Emelin is gone...Diaz is finally coming back, and Weber is looking good. No problem. We may have a serious problem if Subban goes down.

The glass is half empty
OR
The glass is half full.
You wouldn't prefer being the full glass guy? (I will).

Doesn't do anything to keep writing ''Emelin was a huge loss'' (only depressing! but not really since Diaz is back soon and Weber may be able to give as much as Emelin in a different way...with offense and killer speed...he just needs that consistency/confidence imo).
Might as well remind us again and again that the Gomez for McDonagh trade was a bad one.

Cheer up...the playoffs are almost here and Diaz is back and Weber may make us happy. Cheers!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-18-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 11:28 PM
bsl

Quote:
You wrote the exact same thing twice now...trying to depress everyone here?!

Emelin was a huge loss.
Subban was a huge loss.
Markov was a huge loss.
Gorges was a huge loss.
Guess which one I'll take for the playoffs.

We could write ''Emelin was a huge loss'' all day long, but it's not going to help. The team is weak (in depth) if it can't move forward.
Emelin is gone...Diaz is finally coming back, and Weber is looking good. No problem. We may have a serious problem if Subban goes down.

The glass is half empty
OR
The glass is half full.
You wouldn't prefer being the full glass guy? (I will).

Doesn't do anything to keep writing ''Emelin was a huge loss'' (only depressing! but not really since Diaz is back soon and Weber may be able to give as much as Emelin in a different way...with offense and killer speed...he just needs that consistency/confidence imo).
Might as well remind us again and again that the Gomez for McDonagh trade was a bad one.

Cheer up...the playoffs are almost here and Diaz is back and Weber may make us happy. Cheers!!
Weber is interesting. The kid has the talent and speed, but I think the pressure has been too much for him.

What I hope is that in an odd way he now feels less pressure, as he knows he might be gone to another team next year. Nothing to lose. Now is his chance just to play his game.

Weber playing well and Diaz playing his game gives us a very good offensive D, but pretty bad in size and toughness.

Therefore I think we can score with any opponent in the first round, and more. It is Price who will have to make up for weak play in our end, and the forwards who will have to come all the way back in support.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:20 AM
bib
#believe

Glad to have Weber playing. I really hope that he's able to maintain his form so when Diaz comes back, Drewiski is dropped to 7th.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:42 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Weber is interesting. The kid has the talent and speed, but I think the pressure has been too much for him.

What I hope is that in an odd way he now feels less pressure, as he knows he might be gone to another team next year. Nothing to lose. Now is his chance just to play his game.

Weber playing well and Diaz playing his game gives us a very good offensive D, but pretty bad in size and toughness.

Therefore I think we can score with any opponent in the first round, and more. It is Price who will have to make up for weak play in our end, and the forwards who will have to come all the way back in support.
Totally agree with the above.

And it's funny...not too long ago many Hab fans (maybe even me!) were complaining about the Markov-Emelin duo and how awful they were defensively...giving up so many breakways, 2 on 1s, getting caught pinching and looking awful, etc,etc.

Now that Emelin is injured and we lose 2-3 in a row...Emelin is all of a sudden our MVP who just got injured. We lost some physicality in our D-corps but we can make up for it with speed and offense (Diaz and Weber). We better, or else...we're in a bit of trouble! Subban and Gorges will have to bail us out with 25min/game.
And for sure...we need a HOT PRICE in playoffs. He's due.

He has a GOLD medal at the WJC, and a CALDER CUP with Hamilton Bulldogs (he was PLAYOFFS' MVP). All he needs now is the Stanley Cup.

We lost Emelin...not Subban or Price or Plekanec or Gorges or Prust.
We will be as good or better without Emelin (thanks to hopefully Diaz and Weber). We lost 2-3 bodychecks from Emelin per game.
Apparently some of you are saying Weber can throw a hit here and there...I just want him to play simple/good defense and awesome offense. Any hit from him is a bonus.

Go Diaz Go!!
Go Weber Go!!

Old
04-19-2013, 04:28 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
MT was talking about November.

25get is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:02 AM
dcyhabs

Not sure Emelin was an MVP, but Markov really needs a big body. Maybe Tinordi?

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Good news:

Brian Wilde on CTV sports just said that Diaz may be playing on Saturday vs the Caps. Actually...Wilde said ''there's a good chance Diaz will be playing Saturday''.

This is the kind of news we want for this thread.
Soon (hopefully!)...we can call this the healthy thread!!
(especially if Emelin comes back in 4-6 weeks or is it 4-5 months?!). Knock on wood for Subban, Gorges, and especially Markov (who is usually jinxed in the health department) to stay healthy, and let's hope Diaz is quick at regaining his solid hockey sense.

Emelin is having ACL surgery so he won't be back playing till early to late October if he has no complications.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Lshap

Quote:

Congratulations - your bolded sentence gets the Most-Quoted award.

Diaz -- once he's fully back -- will help re-establish the offensive system that worked so well. He's smart, skilled and accurate -- Markov-Lite. Unfortunately, we're still stuck being pushed around in our end, with no Dmen able to respond physically. We mask this deficiency with a great system and fast transition passes, but the margin of error is very thin, as we've been seeing. The strategy seemed to be: "If you can't hit 'em, give him the shot, get outta the way and let Price see it". Great, as long as Price can stop it.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Hullois

So according to La Presse Armstrong will play tomorrow

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...7_accueil_POS1

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Not sure Emelin was an MVP, but Markov really needs a big body. Maybe Tinordi?
O'Byrne would had been part of the answer..... He played with Markov before. Too late, anyway.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post

Is it a good or bad news ?

If Moen is out, then OK.

Prust will be back too.

So, if we got these two back in the line up, It possibly means Dumont is out, and who else ?

Old
04-19-2013, 01:07 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Wouldn't mind giving Tinordi another shot. Might step it up with Markov, I don't know.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Is it a good or bad news ?

If Moen is out, then OK.

Prust will be back too.

So, if we got these two back in the line up, It possibly means Dumont is out, and who else ?
Prust should not play until PO, by the look of it. Habs obviously ****ed up bringing him back. He probably said everything's cool, knowing Prust.

Shoulder problems are a *****. Now he's gonna be shot with painkillers in the PO, and he'll need surgery this summer.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Prust should not play until PO, by the look of it. Habs obviously ****ed up bringing him back. He probably said everything's cool, knowing Prust.

Shoulder problems are a *****. Now he's gonna be shot with painkillers in the PO, and he'll need surgery this summer.
yeah. That's what I am thinking too. It could get worse with future fights, and opponents will target him big time, knowing full well about his injury.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post

You mean Prust?

The article only says both Diaz and Armstrong "could" play, if my French isn't failing me.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You mean Prust?

The article only says both Diaz and Armstrong "could" play, if my French isn't failing me.
They could play. Doesn't mean they will. Unless Therrien decides to rest a couple of players.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Was emelin's injury a full tear or a partial tear?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Clumsyhab

If Diaz comes back and Weber stays in the line-up (Drewiske out), I think our D-squad could be the smallest ever put on the ice (averaging around 5'11, 200 lbs). Emelin loss was huge.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote