HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello

View Poll Results: Re-sign Zucc RIGHT NOW?
YES - AT Least 1 YR 199 89.24%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...YES 17 7.62%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...NO 2 0.90%
Sorry, but No. 5 2.24%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
TollefsenFan

vCash: 500
Zucca is no longer a hobbit, so stop calling him that!!!!

He has turned into a CHAOS DWARF!

Old
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

He deserved it..

Hard work usualy pays of..

Old
04-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Green Blob*

Guys stop it, Zuke is too tiny. He cant go in front of the net. He gets outworked.

Oh, both his goals were from right in front?

Oops.

Guy has been GREAT. I hope all the Zuke haters are enjoying their crow big time. Honestly, it really show what posters can read players, and who can't. Im not going to say anything further, but we know who is who by their posts (AKA who just look at stats and not acutal hockey)

Lastly, from game 1....RE-SIGN HIM NOW

edit - the guys who admit eating crow, massive props, since you can admit a wrong (like i have many times..im not perfect or anywhere near!!)

Old
04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Wolfy

The 3yr 1.8m contract is already on Sather's desk

Old
04-18-2013, 10:04 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
The 3yr 1.8m contract is already on Sather's desk
600k a year? Dont guys like Boyle and Pyatt make around 3 times that?

Old
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
600k a year? Dont guys like Boyle and Pyatt make around 3 times that?
Yeah I didn't add it up, 1.8 a year of course.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
trilobyte

The great thing about Zuccs is he doesn't know he is supposed to not be able to do things.

Gee, a player on the small side who makes up for it in gumption. Makes you seriously question a few (not all) of his larger teammates.
He's just doing what any respectable hockey player does, they head for where goals are scored, and that is around the net.
Not way over to the side against the ****ing boards.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
A Poster was making an issue of some of us saying Zooks is a around a .5ppg player. Well irony alert time.

Zooks-10 games-5 points-2013 season
Zooks-62 games-31 points-NHL Career
Like you like to say,along with the other Zuc lovers,small sample size.Lets see him put up those numbers in a full 82 game season first.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
While Rangers fans live for success this guy lives for Zooks to do bad. Zooks has had some great shifts tonight. This guy has consistently bashed Zooks long before we signed him. I have no doubt he was pissed when Zooks scored in both of the last 2 games.
So as long as he puts up points,we can live with his poor defensive effort tonight not to mention another lazy penalty?

but hey,its great hes scoring! who cares about the other side of the ice!

Old
04-18-2013, 11:04 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
So as long as he puts up points,we can live with his poor defensive effort tonight not to mention another lazy penalty?

Not absolutely flawless defensively?
But scores some goals?

I can live with that, and I bet so can the New York Rangers.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:04 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:

He got smoked on a great move that 90% of the forwards in the NHL would have got smoked on. I do not see him having a poor defensive effort. In fact when he gets beat on defense it is often when he is the first man back after backchecking faster than all the other forwards on the ice.

He has only been on the ice for other teams goals in 2 games all season. That is hardly the kind of record I would expect from a horrible defensive player. He has never been a minus player in any league at any level as far as I can remember.

Lazy penalty? He hustled his butt off that shift and it is a natural instinct to reach for the puck in that situation. Are you really going to bash him for trying to retain the puck in the offensive end and a guy falling down? I guess you will give him credit then for drawing a penalty that led to the teams 2nd goal then right?

Old
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Looking back at during the playoffs, it really made little sense to put back an injured Zucc in game 6 vs. the Devils. Hindsight is 20/20. That lineup was stacked on the wings and there simply was too much risk to put him in. But I do think he was badly mishandled beginning of last year. Wolski got so much leeway by management it was embarrassing. Zuccs was dominating the AHL and got a very late callup. When called up, he formed a very good 3rd line with Boyle. Then his wrists collapsed.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

You make it sound as though he is a liability, which is silly.
Do you truly think Tortorella would have him out there if he thought he was a liability?

I watch the games. I think you are incorrect about him.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
He got smoked on a great move that 90% of the forwards in the NHL would have got smoked on. I do not see him having a poor defensive effort. In fact when he gets beat on defense it is often when he is the first man back after backchecking faster than all the other forwards on the ice.

He has only been on the ice for other teams goals in 2 games all season. That is hardly the kind of record I would expect from a horrible defensive player. He has never been a minus player in any league at any level as far as I can remember.

Lazy penalty? He hustled his butt off that shift and it is a natural instinct to reach for the puck in that situation. Are you really going to bash him for trying to retain the puck in the offensive end and a guy falling down? I guess you will give him credit then for drawing a penalty that led to the teams 2nd goal then right?
it was a lazy reach with your stick penalty because he didnt want to move his feet.just like the 1 he got smoked on for the first Panther goal.He never tried,he stuck out his stick and hoped.

Again,thats great he drew a penalty,but his effort needs to pick up on both sides of the ice,not just in 1 zone.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
DudMan28

Quote:

That was far from a lazy penalty. He got the puck first and tripped the guy after. It was a great play and a penalty the refs call to try and even out the powerplay time.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
You make it sound as though he is a liability, which is silly.
Do you truly think Tortorella would have him out there if he thought he was a liability?

I watch the games. I think you are incorrect about him.
He is a liability in the defensive zone.More often than not he takes bad penalties or gets burned,

I watch the games also,and i know what my eyes see.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMan28 View Post
That was far from a lazy penalty. He got the puck first and tripped the guy after. It was a great play and a penalty the refs call to try and even out the powerplay time.
Stop.It was a lazy reach with your stick penalty.Its not the 1st hes had since hes been back.

Without even looking,i bet he has had at least 3 tripping penalties since being back.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
FACT: Zuccarello has the least Penalties For/Per 60 minson the Rangers in his small sample size of games.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
it was a lazy reach with your stick penalty because he didnt want to move his feet.just like the 1 he got smoked on for the first Panther goal.He never tried,he stuck out his stick and hoped.

Again,thats great he drew a penalty,but his effort needs to pick up on both sides of the ice,not just in 1 zone.
It was more an instinct reach for the puck than lazy in my opinion. He was having a good shift. If you find a clip of it and show it to me maybe I will think different. The announcers did not even know the call was going against Zooks at the time.

He never tried on the Panthers goal? The guy made a great move and a great shot. Zooks and Lundy both tried. Sometimes we have to give credit to another player for making a great play.

Its amazing how you can bash him after this game. Most fans had him as the #1 star of the game. He was named 3rd star of the game. Any chance you just do not like him?

Old
04-18-2013, 11:20 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
He is a liability in the defensive zone.More often than not he takes bad penalties or gets burned,

I watch the games also,and i know what my eyes see.
He may need to work on his game like any young player has to work on their game.

He's really not hurting the team overall as much as you suggest. He is definitely helping them a ton where they need it most, up front.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:22 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Stop.It was a lazy reach with your stick penalty.Its not the 1st hes had since hes been back.

Without even looking,i bet he has had at least 3 tripping penalties since being back.
Without looking I bet you would lose that bet. So lets bet $10,000.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
It was more an instinct reach for the puck than lazy in my opinion. He was having a good shift. If you find a clip of it and show it to me maybe I will think different. The announcers did not even know the call was going against Zooks at the time.

He never tried on the Panthers goal? The guy made a great move and a great shot. Zooks and Lundy both tried. Sometimes we have to give credit to another player for making a great play.

Its amazing how you can bash him after this game. Most fans had him as the #1 star of the game. He was named 3rd star of the game. Any chance you just do not like him?
I'm not bashing him as much as im tired of seeing his fans praise him for scoring and forget theres a whole other side of the ice he isnt very good in.

As for the Panther goal,he barely moved.Not much effort at all,great move or not,didnt bother to do anything.Just stood there.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Wolfy

Quote:

You know, based on what Zucc did for the team tonight and that huge 3-1 goal, it just isn't the time to bash him. It makes me believe you're nothing but a Euro hater..

Where the hell was Nash? Why dont you complain about his lazy play for the last couple of games? Oh...he doesn't even have his own thread.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:29 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
I'm not bashing him as much as im tired of seeing his fans praise him for scoring and forget theres a whole other side of the ice he isnt very good in.

As for the Panther goal,he barely moved.Not much effort at all,great move or not,didnt bother to do anything.Just stood there.

Yes some goals you get lucky on just like some great passes and shots you do not get lucky on. I'm hoping they even out for Zooks because most of us have seen him create a lot of great chances that did not produce points.

You do not like seeing his fans praise him. I understand that but that is a reflection of you not him. Your distaste for his fans leads you to see things in a manner that is not clear. For instance you just said in a previous post just said you bet he has at least 3 tripping calls this season when tonight's tripping call was actually his first tripping penalty this season.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
You know, based on what Zucc did for the team tonight and that huge 3-1 goal, it just isn't the time to bash him. It makes me believe you're nothing but a Euro hater..

Where the hell was Nash? Why dont you complain about his lazy play for the last couple of games? Oh...he doesn't even have his own thread.
Euro hater?way to sound stupid

Not bashing him,its great he put up points tonight,i just want to see the same effort in the defensive zone from him.

Your Nash comment is just plain silly.If it wasnt for him,this team wouldnt even be in the 8th spot right now.

Closed Thread