HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Canadian Teams

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Fayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
Canadian Teams

I just noticed that there are currently 5 out of the 6 canadian teams on pace to get into the playoffs. There are also 4 canadian teams in the top 10. This is great news! The Oilers are the obvious exception , but while looking at the point totals, with montreal and edmonton being only 6 apart, and edmonton having a game in hand, we aren't really that far out of a playoff spot! (Yes I'm aware that montreal and edmonton are in different conferences, but the habs and the stars, who are currently holding the 8th spot have similar points totals.)

1. Toronto - 51pts
5. Vancouver - 46pts
7. Calgary - 43pts
9. Ottawa - 42pts

15. Montreal - 38pts

24. Edmonton - 32pts

Old
12-29-2003, 10:07 PM
GoM

If 4 out of 6 could get in, it'd be amazing...5, outstanding....6....orgasmic

And yes, I'd cheer for any Canadian team that made the final (unless it was against Washington (ha) or Atlanta)...even my hated Calgary or Ottawa

Old
12-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
If 4 out of 6 could get in, it'd be amazing...5, outstanding....6....orgasmic

And yes, I'd cheer for any Canadian team that made the final (unless it was against Washington (ha) or Atlanta)...even my hated Calgary or Ottawa
This is exactly how I feel. To me, Canadian teams are the teams I cheer for almost always. The Canadian teams that I like are in order from best to worst:

Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

But even Ottawa and the Habs I still like a LOT ! I think more Canadian fans should feel this way. Sure, your rival might be better than your home club (such as it was for me in the 80's), but it still brought a smile to your face when it was a Canadian audience cheering like they all just won the lotto, rather than a parking lot of about 10k Jersey fans. No offense to Jersey, but you know what I mean.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
This is exactly how I feel. To me, Canadian teams are the teams I cheer for almost always. The Canadian teams that I like are in order from best to worst:

Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

But even Ottawa and the Habs I still like a LOT ! I think more Canadian fans should feel this way. Sure, your rival might be better than your home club (such as it was for me in the 80's), but it still brought a smile to your face when it was a Canadian audience cheering like they all just won the lotto, rather than a parking lot of about 10k Jersey fans. No offense to Jersey, but you know what I mean.
Yup, that's exactly how I feel too except I've got Ottawa higher on my list than you and Toronto lower.

What's not to like about Ottawa Miz... they've got a great team with a decent payroll and they've never won a Cup yet?

Closed Thread