Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Going to Out of Town Games

Old
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
I've been to the two most recent visits to the Verizon Center, both of which were Stars victories.

The fans there have been just fine to me, even though DC fans are nuts about the Redskins and hating Cowboys fans. The most recent game I had some banter with a girl sitting next to me who made fun of my mustache. She thought I was a bandwagon fan and asked me if I was a fan of the Stars when they were bad, to which I responded that the Stars hadn't made the playoffs for in the past three seasons.

I get a kick out of shouting Stars during the national anthem in the midst of Caps fans shouting O and Red.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker16 View Post
Which have you been to?
How have the fans been?

Last game I went to was DAL@MIN in my #9 jersey and actually got a lot of compliments from locals. Town was pretty boring though. Nice, quaint...but boring. Had dinner at that dining car from the mighty ducks movie and found a dive bar that was actually open.

Currently thinking of DAL@LAK now since I'll be in the area.
I've been to Staples Center in a Stars jersey. It was fine the majority of the time, except after the Stars won in the shootout I think. I got a couple guys yelling at my face, some dude even shoulder bumped me in the bathroom... that was pretty gross. Honestly though I wouldn't worry about it. Thing is, downtown LA isn't much but office buildings and hotels. I don't honestly live close enough to know much about the area. I do know that the Stars stay at the hotel right next to Staples and you might even get to say hello to them if you go a couple hours before the game. I got to say hello to Michael Ryder and I saw Eriksson and Benn and a few other guys.

Might try to catch a Ducks game at Honda Center while you're out there, the atmosphere is pretty lacking but the tickets are crazy cheap. I went to a game for about $13 a ticket not too long ago.

I've been to Verizon center twice, too, my favorite part is the guy that is so loud you can hear his chants from clear across the arena. That dude has a set of lungs on him. I've never seen a Stars game there, though.

Don't remember much about Pepsi center, it was nice and the game was fun, that's about it. Saw them play the Sharks, I believe.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Montreal isn't so bad. I know a lot of Leafs fans who go to Montreal wearing Leafs jerseys and they don't get any trouble.

I would never wear an opposing teams jersey if I went to Philly. Never, ever ever. That's just asking for trouble. Not even joking, I wouldn't feel safe walking out of the arena at 10:00 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
You'd probably be welcomed in Montreal. The Stars spent the better part of a decade serving as a retirement home for Habs fan favorites.
Ehh.. maybe. I just have gotten into bad situations where idiots want to fight me for no reason other than "he's the biggest dude here".. So I doubt I would just out of personal security.

Once left Bell Centre after a Flyers vs Canadiens game and two Habs fans heckled a group of Flyers fans all the way to the hotel elevator. It was hilarious.

I'd be able to deal with that but people tossing **** at me? No way

i have every ounce of confidence
that you will fix all that you've wrecked
Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
Been to three other arenas for a Stars game

United Center in Chicago (5x) -- the fans their are just like the ones that invade the aac, bandwagon. My first game there was when Chicago kind of sucked and it was empty.

Nationwide Arena in Columbus -- fans where okay they didn't really care about opposing fans just let us go about our business.

Scottrade Center in Saint Louis -- meh
Sooo, that means they were the biggest douches in the world?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:43 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Planning on going to a game in St. Louis next year. Heard quite a few negatives about games there, not to mention I hate that city, so hopefully all will go well. Fan since the mid 90s as a kid, but this will be my first Stars game. Any idea about ticket prices there?

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
Planning on going to a game in St. Louis next year. Heard quite a few negatives about games there, not to mention I hate that city, so hopefully all will go well.
Just prepare to get screamed at in some way shape or form. Ushers there are really cool though.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Captain Awesome

Lobo, have you been to all 30 arenas yet?

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Lobo, have you been to all 30 arenas yet?
Give me a couple more years. Winnipeg will probably be my last arena to visit.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:07 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Just prepare to get screamed at in some way shape or form. Ushers there are really cool though.
Haha, That's kinda what I figured. I'm not the obnoxious visiting fan type, so hopefully that counts for something. Don't really mind some friendly banter, but I'm sure there's always a few bad apples

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
BankAtlantic Center (Panthers)
St Pete Times Forum (Bolts)
Bringing this thread back up so I can plan a little.

How were the visits to those two arenas? Not expecting much trouble from the fans but were they easy to get to and from? etc etc

Old
07-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Primetimey

vCash: 83
Now that Winnipeg is in the division, if any of you guys are coming here let me know and I will drop some tips.

Primetimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Now that Winnipeg is in the division, if any of you guys are coming here let me know and I will drop some tips.
I looked to see how much a plane ticket alone would cost. Holy Jesus.

Old
07-31-2013, 11:11 PM
tjcurrie

Every game I go to I'm the visitor (Edmonton). Out of town for me was actually in Dallas for the final two games of last season with my bro. Had a blast. Can't wait to return (Modano game)

Met Kaime. Notices who she's leaning towards

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Every game I go to I'm the visitor (Edmonton). Out of town for me was actually in Dallas for the final two games of last season with my bro. Had a blast. Can't wait to return (Modano game)

Met Kaime. Notices who she's leaning towards
Yes, yes. You already told that story about how you called your wife afterwards and told her you were leaving her.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:18 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Yes, yes. You already told that story about how you called your wife afterwards and told her you were leaving her.
I havent told it in this thread yet though.

My "It girl" - girl I could a free pass on - was Aniston. Tried to change it to Kaime on the fly. Wife wasn't havin it.

Kaime probably wasn't either (in before anyone else says it)

The heart wants what the heart wants. I can't control these things. All I can do is keep tellin it on here.

Last edited by tjcurrie: 08-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.
tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Sports
bedroom eyes

Quote:
My "It girl" - girl I could a free pass on - was Aniston. Tried to change it to Kaime on the fly. Wife wasn't havin it.

The heart wants what the heart wants. I can't control these things. All I can do is keep tellin it on here.
Those episodes of Friends where she forgot to wear a bra got us all man, its OK.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:

One of my favorite Dan McDowell (from the Ticket) bits is talking about how if him and his wife were to ever have a hall pass list (aka a list the significant other can't get mad about) he would choose the girl down the hall at work and the babysitter since his wife could conceivably get a celebrity guy on her list, but there is no way he would ever have a chance at Heidi Klum or the like. Just sort of levels the playing field.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Primetimey

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I looked to see how much a plane ticket alone would cost. Holy Jesus.
Welcome to Canadian airport taxes, landing fees, plus general higher prices in Canada.

Primetimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 09:59 AM
AK87
Hall of Famer

I went to a Toronto-Ottawa game in Ottawa last year and that was one of the craziest nights I have ever had. The Leafs fans out numbered the home team fans by about 80% - 20% and every time Alfie had the puck he was booed in his own building. The bathrooms were FULL of puke from fans drinking too much and I seen at least 3 or 4 fights in the hall ways. This was the game where Toronto clinched a playoff spot by beating Ottawa. I am neither an Ottawa or a Leafs fan but I couldn't pass up the opportunity, I recommend everyone experience this once in their lifetime.

AK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
john skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
BankAtlantic Center (Panthers)
St Pete Times Forum (Bolts)
MSG (Rangers)
Prudential Center (Devils)

Only one I got really heckled was at the Devils game. That was mostly because it was their home opener and they lost in Overtime (Brad to Loui in the season of sadface).
I was at the game and got hit with a bottle right after they scored.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote