Ducks 2012/2013 Prospect Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Hockey Duckie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
London wins 4-3 in OT, but Gibson stopped 58 of 62 shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Welcome to Norfolk Gibby. Ryan Murphy can play defense? Myth BUSTED.
Ahahahhahahahahhaha

Well played, sir. Well played.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Exit Dose

Belleville completed the sweep. They're moving on to the semis.

The same goes for Calgary. It looks like Helgesen is still out.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Exit Dose

Rakell notched an assist in Plymouth's win. They're up 3-2.

It's not looking good for Kitchener. They're down 3-1 after two periods. Gibson has given up 3 goals on 23 shots so far. If they lose, they're out.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Gibson is heading to Norfolk or Anaheim (Probably) as they were beaten out tonight.

29 saves on 32 shots for Gibson. 3 goals (1 5on4, 1 5on3)

London netted a empty netter to finish the game 4-1.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Exit Dose

I doubt he'll play as even a backup at either level this season. I think he'll practice with one of the teams, and take off to the WCs if he gets an invite.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I doubt he'll play as even a backup at either level this season. I think he'll practice with one of the teams, and take off to the WCs if he gets an invite.
Thats why I figure he will go to Anaheim to practice with NHL club.

Nobody is taking started away from Anderson right now, and Bobkov is a good backup.

Not to mention incase of injury/illness or whatever it would be nice to have a 3rd goalie with the team. I'd much rather put Gibson into a NHL game (if it ever came to that) then a guy who played in the ECHL 10 years ago.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:25 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Gibson should be on his way to Anaheim for sure. Working with Peters and taking shots from playoff-bound NHL players will do wonders for him. No reason to disrupt what's happening in Norfolk. Andersen seems to be in the zone anyway.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Exit Dose

No points today, but it looks like Plymouth is going to advance to the next round.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:16 PM
HanSolo
Incoming Sadness

vCash: 68
I don't want to sound like a youth mongerer, but man, our future core is looking to be one of the strongest in the league now.

Hampus Lindholm
Kyle Palmieri
Peter Holland
Sami Vatanen
Emerson Etem
Patrick Maroon
John Gibson
Frederik Andersen
Kevin Roy
Nic Kerdiles
Rikard Rakell
William Karlsson
Max Friberg
Kevin Lind
Andy Welinski
Antoine Laganiere
Charlie Sarault
Kevin Gagne
Kyle Bonis
Devante Smith Pelly
Joseph Crammarosa
Andrew O'Brien
Steven Whitney
Igor Bobkov

our prospect depth is ridiculous right now. And this draft is only going to make it that much stronger.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:22 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

I really want to see us move some of our depth for pieces to fill holes on the roster. I want to see us try to win next year. We have a ton of depth obviously, so it's time for Murray to stop waiting around and start filling a hole by trading a couple guys. Obviously, there are prospects less untouchable then others. The future looks good, but Murray can speed things up like the Kings did for example when they traded for Mike Richards (not saying the Kings won the trade). I really hope he tries to win while Getzlaf is still on the right side of 30. I'd hate for him to wait around then find out that Getzlaf and Perry have begun declining. That would suck

Old
04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Exit Dose

@DJ: You even left off a few: Wagner and Heed.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I really want to see us move some of our depth for pieces to fill holes on the roster. I want to see us try to win next year. We have a ton of depth obviously, so it's time for Murray to stop waiting around and start filling a hole by trading a couple guys. Obviously, there are prospects less untouchable then others. The future looks good, but Murray can speed things up like the Kings did for example when they traded for Mike Richards (not saying the Kings won the trade). I really hope he tries to win while Getzlaf is still on the right side of 30. I'd hate for him to wait around then find out that Getzlaf and Perry have begun declining. That would suck
The problem is that depth pieces don't usually get you anything except depth pieces. If Anaheim wants a big piece, they are going to need to move some significant assets.

04-16-2013, 06:28 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The problem is that depth pieces don't usually get you anything except depth pieces. If Anaheim wants a big piece, they are going to need to move some significant assets.
Depends. You don't think Karlsson, DSP, Cramarossa, etc. could get us anything good? I consider those guys depth for us considering who's ahead of them in our prospect pool. I guess it just depends on who we consider depth. I don't consider those kinds of guys necessary to hang on to if we could potentially fill a hole on the roster to help speed up our cup pursuit

Old
04-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Depends. You don't think Karlsson, DSP, Cramarossa, etc. could get us anything good? I consider those guys depth for us considering who's ahead of them in our prospect pool. I guess it just depends on who we consider depth. I don't consider those kinds of guys necessary to hang on to if we could potentially fill a hole on the roster to help speed up our cup pursuit
Not really, no.

Using your own example of Mike Richards, that cost Los Angeles Simmonds, Brayden Schenn(who was considered a top 5 prospect in the world), and a 2nd round pick. This, for a player that Philly wanted to get rid of.

Edit: That doesn't mean we can't get something for them, but if you want a significant piece you can't expect to get it giving up depth prospects. Even if a team wants to get rid of a high talent player, they are going to want a high talent return. Like a Grade A prospect, and top six forward.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Not really, no.

Using your own example of Mike Richards, that cost Los Angeles Simmonds, Brayden Schenn(who was considered a top 5 prospect in the world), and a 2nd round pick. This, for a player that Philly wanted to get rid of.
It was bigger than that. Schenn was considered the best prospect in the league.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
It was bigger than that. Schenn was considered the best prospect in the league.
I was trying to be a little conservative on that part, but yeah. Schenn alone was a big, big piece.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
I was trying to be a little conservative on that part, but yeah. Schenn alone was a big, big piece.
And they got Simmonds. Damn what a trade for Philly! LA can always say they didn't lose because they got their damn cup....ugh

Old
04-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
And they got Simmonds. Damn what a trade for Philly! LA can always say they didn't lose because they got their damn cup....ugh
Yeah it was very much a win-win. LA gets their cup but there's no doubt I'd rather have Schenn and Simmonds if I'm the Flyers, especially going forward. The Carter trade was even better for the Flyers IMO.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Only on HF does someone say something like that. It was a big win for LA because of the cup, obviously, but even then, it was a good move for them. Schenn was considered on here to be one of the top prospects in the league, but I have a sense LA felt he was expendable, and it's shown somewhat. Simmonds didn't seem like much more than a third line type who could maybe fill in on line 2, and I remember being pretty amazed they couldn't get a first, but only a second out of LA. I remember thinking that Carter's return was arguably better, but perhaps not purely because that draft class wasn't that strong and Columbus didn't seem in line to pick up a huge piece.

In hindsight, it looks as if Philly did amazing on those deals, but really, a lot of their fans were pretty pissed at the situation at the time, and not solely because they traded two huge pieces from a good team. They've certainly made the most of those deals since.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Exit Dose

According to Lombardi he wasn't looking to move Schenn; he was pretty pissed at the prior TD that GMs kept asking for Schenn in every trade. It was just that landing Richards was an opportunity that they couldn't pass up, and he felt the rest of the team had developed to the point that they could afford to make that kind of move.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
HanSolo
Incoming Sadness

vCash: 68
Quote:
@DJ: You even left off a few: Wagner and Heed.
I totally thought I included them. Especially Wagner. Like I specifically remember giving his name some thought as a 2010 steal.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Pahlsson26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I don't want to sound like a youth mongerer, but man, our future core is looking to be one of the strongest in the league now.

Hampus Lindholm
Kyle Palmieri
Peter Holland
Sami Vatanen
Emerson Etem
Patrick Maroon
John Gibson
Frederik Andersen
Kevin Roy
Nic Kerdiles
Rikard Rakell
William Karlsson
Max Friberg
Kevin Lind
Andy Welinski
Antoine Laganiere
Charlie Sarault
Kevin Gagne
Kyle Bonis
Devante Smith Pelly
Joseph Crammarosa
Andrew O'Brien
Steven Whitney
Igor Bobkov

our prospect depth is ridiculous right now. And this draft is only going to make it that much stronger.
Youth mongerer! Haven't been on here in a while, but did anyone catch The Hockey News' Future Watch?

Old
04-19-2013, 01:51 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

I think the point of having depth in the system is you know many of them will likely not amount to much, or be used in trades, but all it takes is a couple to make a major difference. Honestly our forward depth is extremely good, and so is the goaltending. Wouldn't mind us going D heavy in the upcoming draft

Old
04-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Exit Dose

We went D heavy in the last draft. I don't think we need to do it again.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Exit Dose

Looks like Helgesen is still MIA. No idea what the problem is. I assume it's an injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Youth mongerer! Haven't been on here in a while, but did anyone catch The Hockey News' Future Watch?
Is that the rankings that had us at 2nd?

Closed Thread