HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:53 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
GordonGraham

4th line grinder should never sign long term deal

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:03 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
4th line grinder should never sign long term deal
Agreed. The problem is that last year, prior to his injury, Moen was better than a 4th line grinder and an important part of the team. Hopefully he can get his game back on track.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Native

vCash: 605
i'm happy to see a thread dedicated to moen. he's had a free pass all season.

imo, moen has been a huge disappointment. he's a shadow of himself. he's lost his edge; no longer a difference. i don't know what it is. have injuries caught up to him? perhaps, but that shouldn't extinguish the fire and passion in your game. your previous 100% is now 75%. but you should still give it your all. unfortunately, we haven't seen anything close to that.

he's good defensively. he's reliable. he'll bring it in the playoffs.

at times. more not than often. why not bring it now?

moen is a big question mark. i would bench him a game or two now just to send him a message. playoffs: ok, show us something. if nothing more, then he has to be sent off. prust is battered and taking all the load. white is in limbo and finding himself. we need the old moen. moen has to man up and give back and earn his pay.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

another game where Moen has been barely noticed. if he were a defensive dman, that'd be a good thing - but he's a forward playing a grinding role and doing a terrible job of it.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Blaming Moen when the whole team plays like crap is quite comical.
We've crapped on the loser all season, though.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
another game where Moen has been barely noticed. if he were a defensive dman, that'd be a good thing - but he's a forward playing a grinding role and doing a terrible job of it.
4th line players also should barely get noticed. They are there to keep the puck out of their net and in the opposing zone.

Those complaining about Moen or Armstrong should go watch a season of Laraque-Chipchura-Dagostini shifts.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We've crapped on the loser all season, though.
The guy is playing in the NHL, made it as an undrafted player, won a cup and he is making 1.8 mil a year...but he is the "loser" not the folks obsessing about him on the internet because he makes a bit more than he should.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
4th line players also should barely get noticed. They are there to keep the puck out of their net and in the opposing zone.

Those complaining about Moen or Armstrong should go watch a season of Laraque-Chipchura-Dagostini shifts.
No that's a terrible way of seeing the game, 4th liners are pretty important.

Halpern gets noticed for his faceoff skills, Dumont gets noticed for his heart and his physical presence

Moen doesn't go unnoticed, he goes noticed for how much of a lazy ass he's become and for not doing the job he used to do, same goes for Armstrong who used to be a pest and who's now noticed for being a slower version of Pierre Dagenais

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Respeck
So soffff

I thought Moen had a good game yesterday, the fourth line had a really solid game. Dumont brings a ton of energy to that line and he plays smart, really like his game.

Respeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
No that's a terrible way of seeing the game, 4th liners are pretty important.

Halpern gets noticed for his faceoff skills, Dumont gets noticed for his heart and his physical presence

Moen doesn't go unnoticed, he goes noticed for how much of a lazy ass he's become and for not doing the job he used to do, same goes for Armstrong who used to be a pest and who's now noticed for being a slower version of Pierre Dagenais
Moen has more of a physical presence than Dumont, kills penalities and is one of our best defensive forwards. Not sure if people expect him to fight every game or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and try and hit everybody.

It's the same thing every year on here, the posters which each other into a frenzy and by the end of the year there are 2-3 players that "have to go". Then the following year they crap on somebody else and say how much better player X or Y is doing(mostly because they have lowered their own expectations of taht players to mind boggingly low levels).

Bourque is a prime example of that. Last year he was getting chances but was snakebitted, this year he comes in healthier and scores a few goals and everybody loves him.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
1.Moen has more of a physical presence than Dumont, 2kills penalities and is one of our best defensive forwards. 3Not sure if people expect him to fight every game or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and try and hit everybody.

4It's the same thing every year on here, the posters which each other into a frenzy and by the end of the year there are 2-3 players that "have to go". Then the following year they crap on somebody else and say how much better player X or Y is doing(mostly because they have lowered their own expectations of taht players to mind boggingly low levels).

5Bourque is a prime example of that. Last year he was getting chances but was snakebitted, this year he comes in healthier and scores a few goals and everybody loves him.
geez, who are you? his mom?

1. No. what game are you watching?
2. Right now, I thing this award goes to Mr.Halpern
3. No and Yes. Nobody is asking him to fight every game, but when you see a guy like Gallager get crushed and you are right there...go for it. If you cant do that...please give us great shifts aka hit everything that move.

4. welcome to the reality of sports, if you want us to sing cumbaya till the end of the season...it's not going to happen.

5. and we are all happy for him for me its been always The TEAM first then the players. If you are playing great hockey...good. You are in until you suck and I find someone better.

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Moen has more of a physical presence than Dumont, kills penalities and is one of our best defensive forwards. Not sure if people expect him to fight every game or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and try and hit everybody.

It's the same thing every year on here, the posters which each other into a frenzy and by the end of the year there are 2-3 players that "have to go". Then the following year they crap on somebody else and say how much better player X or Y is doing(mostly because they have lowered their own expectations of taht players to mind boggingly low levels).

Bourque is a prime example of that. Last year he was getting chances but was snakebitted, this year he comes in healthier and scores a few goals and everybody loves him.
I don't think I love Bourque.. as long as he drives the net, he's an okay player on the team since he doesn't hurt us defensively.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
bench him. scratch him. waive him. put him in the Youppi! suit. I DON'T CARE. he's still ****ing pouting after all this time and i'm sick of seeing him play.
Marinaro? Is that you? I think Moen will prove his worth in the PO's, just like he has in the past.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:40 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
Marinaro? Is that you? I think Moen will prove his worth in the PO's, just like he has in the past.
This is not a wild declaration.

His cerebral game is still there and for the most part, he gets the puck from our zone past the red line. He's also had one or two flashes of offensive prowess that reminded me of how he actually used to go around guys and drive to the net. I really hope he is just bluffing. You know...it's his poker face.

he has however been sofff on the puck (pens goal last game). That needs to change. Anyone catch Bergy go on about him again totally OT, while Langdeau had another laughing fit like a snivelling weasel?

Old
04-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I'm gonna wait until the playoffs are over to throw in the towel when it comes to Moen. He did the same thing in his first year under Jacques Martin, was pretty quiet and not overly physical during the regular season but he turned into beast mode (well HIS beast mode) during the playoffs.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...highlight=moen Here's a thread from 2010 that strangely looks like any thread about him this season...

Although I'm not gonna lie he pisses me off when we get physically dominated and he doesn't do **** about it.

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
The guy is playing in the NHL, made it as an undrafted player, won a cup and he is making 1.8 mil a year...but he is the "loser" not the folks obsessing about him on the internet because he makes a bit more than he should.
Seriously, what's up with your obsession of defending any current player of this team no matter what they do. Moen deserves all the bashing he gets. I don't even see him moving his feet anymore. It's not a matter of fighting. It's a matter of being employed as an energy player who provides none to his team.

Kass Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
ha, no. i can actually speak french fluently.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
bud12

but he plays the magical 11min/game. He is so good

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:35 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
I don't think you have a clue what soft is.
i do : you

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:52 PM
WillHabs12
Lalime's awkwardness

Travis Moen ****!!! Why is he playing instead of Dumont???

WillHabs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willhockey View Post
Travis Moen ****!!! Why is he playing instead of Dumont???
Because he is better.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Therrien said "No Excuses", yet he plays Moyen like all was fine with the World.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

i can't stand seeing Moen do a half-ass job out there.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:42 AM
habtastic

Moen: "Hey!!! He hit me!"

Hillen: "I think I'm just gonna go ahead and take a nap on you."