HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Trade (1st) Barkov\Monahan for Lucic?
I don't think I would do it only because of the position Lucic plays.

6 for Hall, 6 for Eberle, 6 for Lucic. Give Yakupov a couple more seasons and you would have your top 6 wingers making likely 24 million combined.

I don't think you can afford to fill out the other key positions of a roster when you have so much tied up in those spots. A Lucic type is what we need. But I think we would be better off going for a cheaper option. For example. Tampa is going to be right near the cap next year and will likely be looking to change some spots of their organization. Ryan Malone is a 1.5 cheaper than Lucic, is only signed for 2 more seasons beyond this one (allows for a Yakupov raise down the line). He has had an off year this year, but he has produced points at a similar pace to Lucic the two seasons prior. He's older, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The team could use some veteran players who can actually still contribute.

The biggest benefit is that he wouldn't cost that 1st rounder. Although there is a huge concern in that he has missed at least 10 games a year for the last 5 years.

I'm 100% into moving that pick. I think it has to either be for a legit 1/2 line center or top 2/4 d-man though.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Given our trading history and the lack of success in dealing first rounders at the draft the last few years, I'd be wary.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Vanqu1sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
So what do ya say, our next 10 first round picks for Shea Weber?
Can't trade that many picks back.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:56 PM
OilerFan4Life

Just watched Oil Change on re-run, missed it the first time.

So Tambo is on the phone and offered Anaheim's 2nd this year plus a 3rd next year for something....and the GM on the other side said he'd let him know. Obviously the deal didn't go down.

Any idea who they were looking at? Was this for Bishop??? I thought we had offered Jones plus the 2nd?

Old
04-18-2013, 10:58 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post

So Tambo is on the phone and offered Anaheim's 2nd this year plus a 3rd next year for something....and the GM on the other side said he'd let him know. Obviously the deal didn't go down.

Any idea who they were looking at? Was this for Bishop??? I thought we had offered Jones plus the 2nd?
I'm pretty sure that was the original offer for him was it not?

04-18-2013, 11:05 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post

Was just coming on here to post this, that makes sense to me personally.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm pretty sure that was the original offer for him was it not?
Wasn't the rumored deal for Bishop include Ryan Jones?

04-18-2013, 11:20 PM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I thought it was leaked that the Oilers' offer was Ryan Jones and ANA 2nd for Bishop.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
You asked that in the last thread and no one took you up on it. An entire decade of 1sts is an insane price to pay for any player. Gretzky didn't bring back that much.
GM's are kind of insane nowadays though. They hoard assets like crazy because the salary cap confuses the hell out of them.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:28 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I thought they'd originally offered picks, and then changed it to include Jones. I could be way off though

Old
04-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
You asked that in the last thread and no one took you up on it. An entire decade of 1sts is an insane price to pay for any player. Gretzky didn't bring back that much.
Yeah I was saddened by the lack of response. What about our next 10 1sts for Crosby and Malkin?

Old
04-18-2013, 11:33 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I mean, it's up for debate. Kane's faster, a better point producer, younger, plays on a worse team and has more points... both are elite power forwards in my opinion, maybe Lucic being a bit more available.

But I'm not feelin' your argument here. Since Emelin crushes Kane, but gets injured by Lucic (more of a freak accident), Lucic is tougher than Kane?
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins crushed Brendan Morrow, and Hopkins got injured by the boards in Chicago (more of a freak accident), the boards in Chicago are tougher and a better player than Brendan Morrow?

Kane also onepunched Cooke. It's not as if he's a slouch.
really wanna stress that eh? My point is that Milan Lucic is arguably the most feared player in the league, and much harder to play against than Kane (not saying Kane's a wimp). Despite that though, Lucic has outscored Kane the past 3 seasons, and even though he's having an off year, is still only 7 points back. It's not like he's a 4th liner. Kane is a great player, but Lucic is a cut above.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm reading some pretty funny tweets by Jets fans regarding the Oilers discussing possible trades for Bogosian/Wheeler (not sure why those players are the crux of the discussion) and they all say the say thing. "If one of RNH, Hall and Eberle aren't in the discussion then it's a non-starter."

Winning a few games and being within striking distance of a playoff spot sure gives fans fat heads.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
really wanna stress that eh? My point is that Milan Lucic is arguably the most feared player in the league, and much harder to play against than Kane (not saying Kane's a wimp). Despite that though, Lucic has outscored Kane the past 3 seasons, and even though he's having an off year, is still only 7 points back. It's not like he's a 4th liner. Kane is a great player, but Lucic is a cut above.
Eh. Lucic brings an element to his game that not many players do. In a vacuum though I would take E. Kane 10 times out of 10 over Lucic. A more dynamic offensive hockey player and one who looks like he has not peaked offensively. He's also big, a great skater and very difficult to contain.

Lucic is more intimidating, he isn't a better hockey player.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
kdog82

What would you be willing to give to acquire Lucic?

Bruins fan coming in peace. Over on the Bruins board, a lot of folks are suggesting the Bruins trade Lucic for Eberle.

What would you Oil fans be willing to part with?

Old
04-19-2013, 07:54 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog82 View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace. Over on the Bruins board, a lot of folks are suggesting the Bruins trade Lucic for Eberle.

What would you Oil fans be willing to part with?
why is Lucic a healthy scratch?

Old
04-19-2013, 07:59 AM
kdog82

Its not confirmed yet if he'll be scratched, however, looks that way tonight. Lucic has been pretty awful this year but most fans know what he can bring when he's on.

If he is scratched tonight it is probably because he needs a kick in the rear. Maybe it'll do him good.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:59 AM
shogun99

I posted this on the main boards on a thread about revamping the Oilers.

I would just say a bottom six overhaul, 2 top 4 defenceman and a backup to push Dubnyk for the 2013-14 season. The big 5 would be off the table unless they get blown away with an offer. This is what i'd be looking into for the 2013-14 season.

Hall - xxx - Eberle 1st line
Center for this line doesn't need to be a superstar, just a hard working, defensively responsible player. Maybe aquire thru trade one of Nielsen, Hanzal, Laich, Zajac or Berglund. If Richards is bought out he could be another possibility.

xxx - RNH - Yakupov 2nd line
LW for this line needs to be a mean SOB. Could fill this spot with Morrow or Clowe thru free agency or Hartnell thru trade.

MPS - xxx - xxx 3rd line
Traditional checking line, but with players that could step into a 2nd line role in case of injury. For center, try and trade for a player like Stoll. On RW look into free agents such as Horton, Bouchard or Dupuis.

Hairtikanen - Lander - xxx 4th line
Energy line, try to sign a player like Fehr, Orr or Larose.

Brown - xxx extra forwards
If you can sign Gordon then Lander becomes the 14th forward. If not try to sign Reasoner or Hall.

Smid - Petry 1A pairing
Let them grow together, hopefully can work well together next season

xxx-xxx 1B pairing
Try to aquire these players via trade or free agency. Trade bait with any value is Gagner, Hemsky, 2013 first and MPS. Not sure what return would be. For free agents try and target Streit, Regehr, Leopold or Ference.

Schultz - Schultz 3rd pairing
Keeps J.Schultz sheltered for potential sophomore slump

xxx
Will probably be filled by Klefbom or Teubert

Dubnyk
xxx
Dubnyk given last chance to be a starter with the Oilers. Try to sign a free agent backup such as Montoya, Johnson, Greiss or Khudobin.

So 8 spots should be filled with new players this off season. Traded to fill those spots are Gagner and Hemsky, 2013 1st and 2nd round picks. The rest thru free agency(potential compliance buyouts). Horcoff is bought out. Smyth retired or bought out. Belanger, Peckham given away. Khabbi, Whitney, Fistric, Jones, Petrell and Smithson not resigned.

I'm not sure if this plan is possible or even reasonable but I think it would improve the Oilers for 2013-14, adds size and experience to the lineup and cleans out some of the losing culture.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog82 View Post
Its not confirmed yet if he'll be scratched, however, looks that way tonight. Lucic has been pretty awful this year but most fans know what he can bring when he's on.

If he is scratched tonight it is probably because he needs a kick in the rear. Maybe it'll do him good.
if he has been awful this year and you want one of our top lids. Lucic has signed for 6mill for next year and right now--the way he is playing--you all have a bad contract on you hands.

he earned his rep mostly during the cup run year

why has his lost the plot?

Old
04-19-2013, 08:09 AM
DousedInOil

Is it true he's had a lot of family issues?

Old
04-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
So am I the only one who wants to move Hartikainen as part of a package for a more established player?

I love Harti's big body and strength, I don't love his not doing much else. Doesn't throw that many hits, doesn't play overly gritty and lacks speed.

If you can move him now, while be may have some interest because of his size and strength, then return a player who will contribute more, you're ahead.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:20 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I wonder though if we end up getting Seth Jones if that will pretty much mean that Petry will be done as an Oiler.
Doubtful. There are a few guys that are done before Petry is.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Shredator

Eberle has had an off year, Lucic has had an off year.

Yakupov has shown that he has the drive and skill of Hall. They are both determined and will grow into beasts. Yakupov will hit and brings more to the table.
This year if Eberle isn't scoring points then he isn't bring much. Possibly he's playing injured?

I would do a trade involving Eberle for Lucic

The Oilers need to get bigger and we need a power forward.

I'm not sure if the Oilers or the Bruins need to add anything for the deal to happen.

Lucic
2013-2014 5,500,000
2014-2015 6,000,000
2015-2016 6,500,000

Eberle
2013-2019 6,000,000

To Bruins
Eberle
2nd Round Pick

To Oilers
Lucic
Khokalechev(sp)

Last edited by Shredator: 04-19-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My concern having not watched Lucic much over the years is that, statistically, it just looks like this is the type of year you get out of him when he isn't shooting over 17% like he has every other year.

..Sort of like Eberle.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:24 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
2011-2012 season (total)
26g- 35a- 61 pts in 81 games

v Eastern Conference
19g- 29a- 48 pts in 63 games

v West
7g- 6a- 13 pts in 18 games
So that kinda debunks that theory. Although I'm sure now the arguement will be that the West will wear him down over the year, you know the debate that you really don't know the answer to until he comes West.

Closed Thread