HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I disagree. Bryz hampers just as much as anyone else, those weakass goals are deflating.
Some games I absolutely agree but not tonight

Old
04-18-2013, 10:22 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I disagree. Bryz hampers just as much as anyone else, those weakass goals are deflating.
this is true. This team plays with no confidence in front of him. And as soon as he lets in one they give up

Old
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
This is more or less what it is. He doesn't help, but he doesn't really hamper as much either. Players other than the goalie, and hell, possibly staff (Lavy?) bares responsibility as well for a horrendous loss like this.
Bryz doesn't really help, but definitely hampers the team. His cap hit prevents making moves to make the team better. If I can get a goalie making the league min to put up the same/similar stats that Bryz has over 2 years on the team, I sure as hell would be replacing him now.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
this is true. This team plays with no confidence in front of him. And as soon as he lets in one they give up
come on man, this team never comes to play. The score is 0-0 and they've already given up.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:14 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

bryzgalov's whole thing is " it aint my job to win the game. we have to score goals" he not desperate enough. but i was at that game tonight and it was not on him. we played like **** the entire game. i'm back to blaming the coaches. simmonds, read, and couturier are still young but make some really bad decisions that lead to just lame turnovers. on top of that the refs sucked and so did our power play. the devils dominated as far as fluid possession on their chances but we could even set up and when we did they just blocked shots. both goals whether they were stoppable or not were guys left alone (maybe not the first one but still crap defense) with too much time and space. time for a new coach.

Last edited by funghoul: 04-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
bryzgalov's whole thing is " it aint my job to win the game. we have to score goals" he not desperate enough. but i was at that game tonight and it was not on him. we played like **** the entire game. i'm back to blaming the coaches. simmonds, read, and couturier are still young but make some really bad decisions that lead to just lame turnovers. on top of that the refs sucked and so did our power play. the devils dominated as far as fluid possession on their chances but we could even set up and when we did they just blocked shots. both goals whether they were stoppable or not were guys left alone with too much time and space. time for a new coach.
I didn't see the 2nd, but Roenick ripped the Flyers for not trying.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:24 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I didn't see the 2nd, but Roenick ripped the Flyers for not trying.
we didn't. we had zero good scoring chances. all lame shots right into an old man's belly. and we were just tearing it up the last couple games. we couldn't stop scoring. i guess we should've rolled with mason again not cause bryz was bad but they literally didn't show up in front of him. they must like mason more.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i guess we should've rolled with mason again not cause bryz was bad but they literally didn't show up in front of him. they must like mason more.
perhaps the team is just as ready for a change in goalie, as we are.

everyone has seen enuf of Bryz. he is what he is..

NOT the right guy for Flyers. end of story.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:14 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The Bryz solution is easily solved with a buyout, but holy **** I am nervous that this team is gonna play like **** in front of every goalie we throw out there.

04-19-2013, 12:18 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
The Bryz solution is easily solved with a buyout, but holy **** I am nervous that this team is gonna play like **** in front of every goalie we throw out there.
They already play like **** in front of the goalie we have. Couldn't hurt to try other options

Old
04-19-2013, 12:20 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
They already play like **** in front of the goalie we have. Couldn't hurt to try other options
I know that's my point. I am afraid that they will continue to suck next year. Bryz needs to be bought out to improve the team especially with the cap falling. I'm just worried that it won't matter!

Old
04-19-2013, 12:26 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I know that's my point. I am afraid that they will continue to suck next year. Bryz needs to be bought out to improve the team especially with the cap falling. I'm just worried that it won't matter!
In my opinion the two biggest problem are Lavy and lack of a #1 d. Even before all of the injuries to the defense this team lacked effort. To me that is usually on the coaching staff. We already traded the captain and other players that were seen as the problem. This time it is his turn to go. We need to find a coach who will play a more balanced system. We also need to find that elusive defenseman. Which will either take a huge payment which we can't really afford or we need to draft someone and wait for him to develop. I think out of those two problems, finding a coach should be easier. With all that said I dont think this team is too far off from being a contender.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:52 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

You can't blame Bryz when the O doesn't net a single puck.

Matt Read had the best chance of the night and blew it.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Curufinwe

Bryz is not the reason they lost, but his breakaway technique is a real concern.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Bryz is not the reason they lost, but his breakaway technique is a real concern.
what technique? letting them score?

Old
04-19-2013, 10:21 AM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
what technique? letting them score?
Breakaways are like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park. You have to stand very, very still.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:23 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
his puck handling doesn't help either. He's got weak T-Rex arms

Old
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
FlyersFan61290

Plus he's ugly and doesn't speak English very good! I think that's why the team lost 3-0 last night

Old
04-19-2013, 10:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Felt like this post and my response from the NJ GDT is more pertinent to this thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor
First off, sorry for late reply. I had to sleep so bad. Anyway, I really couldn't care less about his cap hit in regards to making moves, etc. My problem is that he is paid on par with other goalies that can be trusted to make saves when defenses break down. Especially on that second goal, he just looks completely lost on every breakaway. Yeah, he might not care all that much seeing the awful effort in front of him, but come on! No matter how bad this team was last night, a 0-1 deficit could have been overcome just by dumb luck. That second goal was brutal regardless of how awful the rest of the team played.

Quote:
Exactly! A lot of the more rational Bryz critics keep pointing this out and I don't understand how the Bryz apologists continue to not get this point.

We paid Bryz and got him to make exceptional saves that can oftentimes motivate a team to take chances offensively which is what Lavi's system is supposed to be about. He doesn't do it enough! Every mistake the D or team D commits Bryz is rarely able (under 90%) to bail them out. Then the apologists say it's not his fault...frustrating as hell.

He is PAID to play above and beyond ..he effin doesn't and his woe is me or us lamentations afterwards are freaking annoying. Barely any fight or resolve in the guy. All he talks about his how important other things in life are like his family etc and yeah they are but his JOB is no less important especially when the team committed millions to him. If he strongly feels other things are way more important in life then he should RETIRE! I really don't understand what Snider "loves" about him but yeah Snider is obviously trying to present a happy face when I'm sure deep down he realizes he bought himself a moldy "lemon."

Old
04-19-2013, 10:46 AM
bennysflyers16

This team will really benefit with a goalie that can play the puck. Even with the make shift defense you notice it with mason in net. Not saying Mason is the answer, but if we can not improve the defense we need to look at ways to help them.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:57 AM
CSKA1974

Let me start with the statement that I am not a Bryz supporter nor am I a Bryz hater.

I have stated many a times that Bryz will be bought out regardless of his play- his cap for the length of his contract is not compatible with the new CBA. In my opinioin, the amnesty should happen next year: a) gives a year of Mason evaluation; b) no need to scramble for a goalie this season; Snyder's money will be paid for some kind of work.

However, that will mean that Flyers HF board will be polarized and unreadable for another year.
The hate and sicken bickering and over analyses of everything Bryz does (looks, frases, shopping) makes it difficult for the folks in the middle to enjoy hockey discussions. I understand that he has underperformed and thus has allienated a huge part of the fans, and I get that. But whatever happens here lately may be classified as paranoia.

On the other note, if his and Brier's fate is sealed, why they keep playing them?
Would anyone give the company the best effort knowing they are going to be laid off in a month? I, certainly, would have lost all the motivation to come to work.

Flyers should play the players they are moving forward with right now.

End of the rant

Old
04-19-2013, 11:09 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Let me start with the statement that I am not a Bryz supporter nor am I a Bryz hater.

I have stated many a times that Bryz will be bought out regardless of his play- his cap for the length of his contract is not compatible with the new CBA. In my opinioin, the amnesty should happen next year: a) gives a year of Mason evaluation; b) no need to scramble for a goalie this season; Snyder's money will be paid for some kind of work.

However, that will mean that Flyers HF board will be polarized and unreadable for another year.
The hate and sicken bickering and over analyses of everything Bryz does (looks, frases, shopping) makes it difficult for the folks in the middle to enjoy hockey discussions. I understand that he has underperformed and thus has allienated a huge part of the fans, and I get that. But whatever happens here lately may be classified as paranoia.

On the other note, if his and Brier's fate is sealed, why they keep playing them?
Would anyone give the company the best effort knowing they are going to be laid off in a month? I, certainly, would have lost all the motivation to come to work.

End of the rant
to be fair I think I'm the only one who mentioned his looks and it was a joke. I agree Bryz has not been good but the Bryz hate (and love by a select few) is unbearable at times.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

End of the rant
Being mired in a "middle ground" opinion with respect to Bryz IMO is akin to accepting the mediocrity that defines his identity with this team.

Nonetheless, you are entitled to your opinion and we all have differing ways of expressing them.

Indeed, my opinion of your interpretation of particular approaches to analysis as being characterized as "paranoia" is a bit of an oversimplification and exaggeration itself particularly with a personality like Bryz.

I mean I understand where you are coming from to some extent and some of the vitriol against Bryz may be over the top but really he brings it upon himself with his mediocre play and polarizing interviews that do require reading between the lines whether you agree with the interpretations or not. This is why this is a public discussion forum. Comment is free...

Old
04-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Tyler Durden

Safe to say Mason starts the game on Saturday?

Old
04-19-2013, 11:24 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Safe to say Mason starts the game on Saturday?
All but guaranteed

Closed Thread