HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Fire Barry Trotz Thread

Old
09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
What makes you think it wasn't misdiagnosed?

They've pretty much said as much.

It wasn't the team doctors that diagnosed it either it was the doctors he went to see at the Mayo clinic, if I remember correctly.

Handtrick, you're a doctor, am I missing something?
Trigg, they had to do what they did by putting him on blood thinners and keeping him out ONCE the clots were discovered, because they had no idea how long they had been there. If they had been a recent occurance, then it is a life threatening condition.

They could ONLY tell if they we old vs new by getting the same study 3 months later to see if they had changed in appearance or not....if they had changed----> they were new and were most likely the cause of his mysterious back pain.
If, on the other hand, they didn't change at all after 3 months of anti-coagulation therapy -----> then they were old and had been there all along, and they were what we call an "incidental finding" and not the cause of the original back pain [which was probably just a muscle strain of some sort.

The doctors had no choice, once the clots were found, and did the right thing.
The correct diagnosis can only be made in retrospect in this case. I commend the doctors for going into such a deep history about having a groin cather while an infant, as that is not something routinely uncovered, let alone, be able to make an association between the two.

______

Now as for the main topic of this thread......premature to say the least.
Choker just has a hard-on for Trotz's head.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 11:29 PM
braindead

I think you can make an equally strong argument that the troubling aspects of last season troubled Poile and Trotz as well..... and thus no Johnson, Walker, Perrault, Markov, Sillinger, Eaton, and Hall (I won't bother with Witt).

Why is the argument never made that our coaching staff hated the passive, dreamwalking, at times dumb play that the Preds displayed last year? If they banged their coaching/management heads against the wall all year is it the players or the coaching staff with the problem? All of those guys, with the exception of perhaps Markov (who comes with his own set of issues) played like they had auctioned off their testicles for charity at the unmasked ball.

Personally, I'm happy Trotz is still here to try it again with a new dynamic in the locker room. Hopefully, it's a smarter, grittier version that wins like last year but plays with heart like the year before.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 11:42 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

Taking out the hook because of this particular first round exit is unjustified.

Nashville loses their borderling vezina candidate goalie before the post-season (just because it might have been safe doesn't mean you can pkay a NHL hockey game).

On the other hand, San Jose is propelled into the PO's by a season-ending franchise record 8 straight wins that capped the MVP campaign of one of the biggest stories of the season.

Don't know how a sharks fan decided to browse here, but it seems unfair to me.
Now when you lose in the playoffs as the number one seed left in the conference 2 years in a row to a Canadian team, well, maybe you might want to wait another year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

TheDanceOfMaternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 05:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post
Taking out the hook because of this particular first round exit is unjustified.

Nashville loses their borderling vezina candidate goalie before the post-season (just because it might have been safe doesn't mean you can pkay a NHL hockey game).

On the other hand, San Jose is propelled into the PO's by a season-ending franchise record 8 straight wins that capped the MVP campaign of one of the biggest stories of the season.

Don't know how a sharks fan decided to browse here, but it seems unfair to me.
Now when you lose in the playoffs as the number one seed left in the conference 2 years in a row to a Canadian team, well, maybe you might want to wait another year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As mentioned over and over, it has nothing to do with last year's playoff loss...at least not the fact that we lost, alone. It's more about other factors that have troubled the team for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote