HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 44: Kings vs. Blue Jackets - 4/18/13 - Solid 2-1 Win!

Old
04-19-2013, 02:38 AM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
And it looks like he has his swagger back.
Yep. I loved that he had Wisniewski by the collar just grinnin' at him. That's the Quick we all know and love.

04-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Wooty

Did you think Jack Johnson looked any better then his time on the Kings?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. He had a few bad turnovers and looked brutal on the powerplay. Overall much more solid defensively.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:53 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Did you think Jack Johnson looked any better then his time on the Kings?
IMO, no, he seemed like the same old JJ.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:58 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Best home record in the league. Not bad. On the road is another story.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:59 AM
Slycer

Don't like Kopis drought. Check every morning after a game, to see if he scored.

Slycer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:02 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Great game! Now 4-1 at home this year. :3

Greene looked good, still rusty, but that will improve. Very chippy play. Gotta match San Jose game for game.

Bring on Dallas!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:03 AM
SLang

Kopi will be fine.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:28 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Just got back...Voynov just had an awful game. Don't know if it was mentioned here earlier...Quick was on, really great effort by him.

Kings dominated the 1st period, thought Columbus put heavy pressure on in the 3rd but I always had the feeling they were only going to get 1.

Oh by the way, Flyers ****ed up big time letting Bobrovsky go. That guy was ****ing insane tonight. He is going to be really something.

04-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
Best home record in the league. Not bad. On the road is another story.
Just wait until the playoffs. They will shine again on the road.

Bank on it.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:31 AM
losingsand

Anybody miss Lollerby? not me

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:34 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

It's starting to look like most of you were correct about Quickie. He's looking like a goalie who's hitting his stride and I couldn't be happier.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:35 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Got that in the Youtubes I posted on Pg #1 of this thread ...

No video of that yet ...
Uploading now

Last edited by kingsfan28: 04-19-2013 at 03:53 AM.
kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Just got back...Voynov just had an awful game. Don't know if it was mentioned here earlier...
Yeah I brought it up in the GDT ... he had a couple mistakes last game too, it's just not the HIP / COOL thing to be critical of Voynov, as he's not the whipping boy du jour ... you're only one of the kewl kids if you're making fun of Ellerby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
Anybody miss Lollerby? not me
Thanks for proving my point not trying to single you out, sorry ... just proving my point.
No, he's not MISSED, of course MATT GREENE is an upgrade over Ellerby, no one would say different. But why hate on Ellerby so much ? he's a 24 yr old kid, still adjusting to a new team, new coaching staff, and new division (playing style).

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Matt Greene was a -22 on the Oilers, and people had the same complaints about him.

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Rob Scuderi hadn't even broke into the NHL YET ! he spent a good 4+ years in the AHL before seeing regular NHL shifts.

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Willie Mitchell was a -16 barely breaking into the NHL with the WILD after the Devils traded him.

Cut the kid some slack, not every Kid D-man comes in and is a Drew Doughty or Slava Voynov, he will improve and adjust and I would say with a full training camp next season under his belt, the Kings will be glad at what they got in return for only a 5th round draft pick !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Uploading now
Dang ... didn't catch that live ... what a ******* move by Dubinsky

Last edited by Puck U: 04-19-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:28 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Just got back...Voynov just had an awful game. Don't know if it was mentioned here earlier...Quick was on, really great effort by him.

Kings dominated the 1st period, thought Columbus put heavy pressure on in the 3rd but I always had the feeling they were only going to get 1.

Oh by the way, Flyers ****ed up big time letting Bobrovsky go. That guy was ****ing insane tonight. He is going to be really something.
Man, atrocious. I remember one shift where he coughed up the puck once, recovered it, lost it again behind the net, someone else recovered it and gave it to him, and he lost it again. 1st period I think. Anyhow, he's gold 90% of the time.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quick in April: 4-2-1, 2.10 GAA & 0.921 SA%. Just getting into playoff form.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Yeah I brought it up in the GDT ... he had a couple mistakes last game too, it's just not the HIP / COOL thing to be critical of Voynov, as he's not the whipping boy du jour ... you're only one of the kewl kids if you're making fun of Ellerby.
I absolutely love Voynov, and pay extra attention to him, so I am going to also notice the mistakes...it happens to everyone, but thankfully he is a very consistent good player. I do also remember him ****ing up in the last game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Man, atrocious. I remember one shift where he coughed up the puck once, recovered it, lost it again behind the net, someone else recovered it and gave it to him, and he lost it again. 1st period I think. Anyhow, he's gold 90% of the time.
Yeah, that was a comedy of errors. That was basically the brutal sequence I was referencing, but not to be outdone, he coughed it up again later in the game. So he was consistency bad...but I can tell our defense was much, much better as a whole with Greene back in the lineup. And of course, he did take a penalty, which is the Greene we all know and love.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:05 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Ellerby is fine. He is big so his mistakes are more easily noticed (seems to happen with oversized players) but he is coming along. He is a luxury for us right now that could end up being a critical one during the playoffs.

I like him and think that given time and opp he will become a solid 3rd pairing Dman. Big kids take time.

I got to watch the 3rd period and thought that we looked good. I thought that the bj's played chippy and even dirty at times but in the end the much better team won.

Good job by us and the two points are great.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Crosby87Bennett19fan
Ellerby fan too!

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point not trying to single you out, sorry ... just proving my point.
No, he's not MISSED, of course MATT GREENE is an upgrade over Ellerby, no one would say different. But why hate on Ellerby so much ? he's a 24 yr old kid, still adjusting to a new team, new coaching staff, and new division (playing style).

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Matt Greene was a -22 on the Oilers, and people had the same complaints about him.

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Rob Scuderi hadn't even broke into the NHL YET ! he spent a good 4+ years in the AHL before seeing regular NHL shifts.

Around the same age/timeframe as Ellerby ... Willie Mitchell was a -16 barely breaking into the NHL with the WILD after the Devils traded him.

Cut the kid some slack, not every Kid D-man comes in and is a Drew Doughty or Slava Voynov, he will improve and adjust and I would say with a full training camp next season under his belt, the Kings will be glad at what they got in return for only a 5th round draft pick !

Dang ... didn't catch that live ... what a ******* move by Dubinsky
I like your points about Ellerby. He's definitely got a lot to work on but I think if he has more time in the organization he will flourish and teams will b upset tht they didn't jump on him when they had the chance. (Sorry if that sounds biased)

Crosby87Bennett19fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Crosby87Bennett19fan
Ellerby fan too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Ellerby is fine. He is big so his mistakes are more easily noticed (seems to happen with oversized players) but he is coming along. He is a luxury for us right now that could end up being a critical one during the playoffs.

I like him and think that given time and opp he will become a solid 3rd pairing Dman. Big kids take time.

I got to watch the 3rd period and thought that we looked good. I thought that the bj's played chippy and even dirty at times but in the end the much better team won.

Good job by us and the two points are great.
Not only do big kids take time but defenseman in general take longer to develop. I've watched him since his first year in the AHL and he was still trying to fill out his frame and use his size to his advantage. It looks like he's still trying to figure things out

Old
04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerbyfan4 View Post
Not only do big kids take time but defenseman in general take longer to develop. I've watched him since his first year in the AHL and he was still trying to fill out his frame and use his size to his advantage. It looks like he's still trying to figure things out
That too of course. Dmen are being put into the NHL way too young today imo. Trial by fire can lead to some frustrating years while they develop their game but in the end things typically work out if they have the skill.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Ellerby and King, need to be meaner. I think as big kids they were taught early to hold back a little. (I have the same criticism of Brian Boyle)

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Crosby87Bennett19fan
Ellerby fan too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Ellerby and King, need to be meaner. I think as big kids they were taught early to hold back a little. (I have the same criticism of Brian Boyle)
Most likely. But they're both pretty young and can become meaner. Ellerby had a mean streak in the AHL but it kinda disappeared when he got to the NHL

Old
04-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Crosby87Bennett19fan
Ellerby fan too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
That too of course. Dmen are being put into the NHL way too young today imo. Trial by fire can lead to some frustrating years while they develop their game but in the end things typically work out if they have the skill.
Well when you factor in that he was a Panthers prospect it explains part of why he struggles so much. Florida isn't known for developing prospects. (I have nothing against Florida it's just what I've seen.)

Old
04-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerbyfan4 View Post
Most likely. But they're both pretty young and can become meaner. Ellerby had a mean streak in the AHL but it kinda disappeared when he got to the NHL
Maybe it was the water in South Florida.
Bring the rage back!

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote