HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/25 @ Van now biggest game of the season?

Old
04-14-2013, 12:45 AM
8inblack

vCash: 500
4/25 @ Van now biggest game of the season?

With this ducks loss things could get ugly down the stretch. Vancouver could close to within 5 points of Anaheim if they win the game in hand. Win the head to head and it's only 3 points. Now the Ducks face teams with a much worse combined record, but losing the 2 seed would be an extremely tough pill to swallow.

At the 2 seed the Ducks are likely to face 1 of Minnesota, Columbus, Phoenix, Dallas , Detroit. I feel like the Ducks could have an easy first round with all of those teams except Detroit. I would get especially excited if the Ducks manage to draw Minnesota. That is the ideal match up.

If the Ducks fall to the 3 seed, a very very terrible scenario happens. They draw either San Jose, Los Angeles or Saint Louis. The ducks would face a war of a series with these teams and head into the 2nd round (if they win) against a likely well rested Vancouver team.

Last edited by snarktacular: 04-14-2013 at 09:16 PM.
8inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Vancouver has a pretty brutal schedule.

Nashville
St. Louis
Dallas
Detroit
Chicago
Anaheim
Edmonton

The first and last are iffy, but that's a pretty ugly stretch of 5 games

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:57 AM
IDuck

VAN

@ NAS
@ STL
@ DAL
vs. DET
vs. CHI
vs. DUCKS
@ EDM

DUCKS
vs. CBJ
@ CAL
@ EDM
@ EDM
@ VAN
vs. PHX

van has some tough tough games ahead of them against teams that are hot and or desperate

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:00 AM
8inblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDuck View Post
VAN

@ NAS
@ STL
@ DAL
vs. DET
vs. CHI
vs. DUCKS
@ EDM

DUCKS
vs. CBJ
@ CAL
@ EDM
@ EDM
@ VAN
vs. PHX

van has some tough tough games ahead of them against teams that are hot and or desperate
Chicago could have #1 in the west guaranteed before they play Vancouver. It's not like the upcoming Columbus game will be easy for Anaheim, nor the last game against Phoenix potentially with their playoff lives depending on it. The ducks can't afford to lose to Calgary or Edmonton

Old
04-14-2013, 01:16 AM
bumperkisser

#2 definitely gonna be iffy.. LA can catch us too.. **** lol. we need to start winning

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
#2 definitely gonna be iffy.. LA can catch us too.. **** lol. we need to start winning
They only need to get 3 wins to keep the Pacific, assuming LA and the Sharks win out (which, playing each other, both can't). If they can't get 3 wins with the remaining schedule, it'll be a short playoffs.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:37 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

This team is really starting to concern me. I don't like it how we're going into the playoffs super cold. Guys like Ryan, Winnik, Koivu have forgotten how to score goals...it's pissing me off

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
This team is really starting to concern me. I don't like it how we're going into the playoffs super cold. Guys like Ryan, Winnik, Koivu have forgotten how to score goals...it's pissing me off
Winnik & Koivu aren't here for their goal scoring ability - their pace from the start of the season was never going to last. If we want to win in the playoffs we're going to have to hope RPG are great and a couple of the young guys step up.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:35 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8inblack View Post
With this ducks loss things could get ugly down the stretch. Vancouver could close to within 5 points of Anaheim if they win the game in hand. Win the head to head and it's only 3 points. Now the Ducks face teams with a much worse combined record, but losing the 2 seed would be an extremely tough pill to swallow.

At the 2 seed the Ducks are likely to face 1 of Minnesota, Columbus, Phoenix, Dallas , Detroit. I feel like the Ducks could have an easy first round with all of those teams except Detroit. I would get especially excited if the Ducks manage to draw Minnesota. That is the ideal match up.

If the Ducks fall to the 3 seed, a very very terrible scenario happens. They draw either San Jose, Los Angeles or Saint Louis. The ducks would face a war of a series with these teams and head into the 2nd round (if they win) against a likely well rested Vancouver team.
No such thing as a easy round. It is still the top 8 teams of 15. You forgot a major part in those matchups. Howard, Bobrovsky, Smith, Lehtonen, Backstrom. Each can steal wins.

Being top seed doesn't mean you play a easy opponent. Thinking 7th/8th seed will be easy is what knocks you out first round.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:11 AM
8inblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
No such thing as a easy round. It is still the top 8 teams of 15. You forgot a major part in those matchups. Howard, Bobrovsky, Smith, Lehtonen, Backstrom. Each can steal wins.

Being top seed doesn't mean you play a easy opponent. Thinking 7th/8th seed will be easy is what knocks you out first round.
Perhaps I mis phrased what I was trying to say. I would rather play Minnesota than LA. The goalies in the 4 5 6 seed aren't to shabby either.

Out of all the teams in the top 8. I think it's safe to say Minnesota is looking like the the the teams in the top 3 are licking their chops to draw.

Vancouver is faltering, but now LA is an equal problem. The Ducks have a chance to get a 7 point lead with 4 games left if they beat a Calgary team with nothing to play for. If they can't beat Calgary....eeesh.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Getz2perry

There is no easy draw in the west, no matter what the series is going to be a war, so as far as seeds go i dont care as long as we get in(which we already clinched im happy), winning the pacific would be kinda cool(i havnt checked but it may be the last pacific division champions, if they rename division) but at this point i dont care who we actual face in the first round.

My biggest issue is we have a few key players that have pretty much 0 playoff expierence(fasth, etem, palmeiri, holland, cogliano)

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:48 AM
rageathem

We need 2 wins out of our last 5 games and we will clinch our division and 2nd place. Vancouver, LA and SJ all have 55 pts with 4 games remaining, so max points they can get is 63. If we can't win at least 2 out of 5 (especially after our current slump and needing to get our ***** in gear) it won't bode well for playoffs

rageathem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
My biggest issue is we have a few key players that have pretty much 0 playoff expierence(fasth, etem, palmeiri, holland, cogliano)
I'm ok with that. I think Etem, Palmeiri, Holland, Cogs... even guys like Bonino, Selanne, Koivu... these are all guys that are going to show up for the playoffs. Even if not on the score sheet, these are guys who aren't going to give up until a series is over or they have a cup.

I'll always take a little inexperience in place of some hunger.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:37 AM
CrazyDuck4u

vCash: 300
After tonights win, Van is only 3 points behind us.. If we keep playing this way.. They might take 2nd place

CrazyDuck4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:44 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

No not at all.
if this team takes care of business vs the Oilers they will wrap up the no.2 seed

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:36 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

beat the oilers again and we got this thing wrapped up

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote