HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cheap, Passable Starter to Phoenix (Elliott, Vokoun, or the like)

Old
04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Khudobin might be a UFA if he demands a lot of money from Boston. It's known the KHL is more than an option for him, he's publicly stated he might go back. With Subban developing nicely and Svedberg winning the best goalie award in the AHL, if he needs to go, it's not a huge deal. He could get good money from a bunch of other NHL teams if he decides to syay, too. I think he can be a starter, the numbers between him and Rask aren't much different. Huge competitor. I'd like for him to stay, but paying more than 2-3m for a backup isn't a luxury we can afford anymore. He'd be a good fit in Phoenix if he reaches that stage.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I get the impression that most other GM's won't deal for Luongo until after free agency starts. To see whether or not the Canucks buy out Luongo and see who else is available. And trading Luongo within the division wouldn't be a good idea.
There will be buy outs (and I agree Bryz burned that bridge). If Luongo ends up in Florida, (RFA) Jakob Markstrom may be a viable option.
Luongo won't get bought out. I can see Vancouver trading Schneider before buying him out.

04-19-2013, 09:31 AM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Khudobin might be a UFA if he demands a lot of money from Boston. It's known the KHL is more than an option for him, he's publicly stated he might go back. With Subban developing nicely and Svedberg winning the best goalie award in the AHL, if he needs to go, it's not a huge deal. He could get good money from a bunch of other NHL teams if he decides to syay, too. I think he can be a starter, the numbers between him and Rask aren't much different. Huge competitor. I'd like for him to stay, but paying more than 2-3m for a backup isn't a luxury we can afford anymore. He'd be a good fit in Phoenix if he reaches that stage.
Interesting option. Hard to imagine a less Sean Burke-esque goalie, though. They definitely got a preference for rangy, hybrids in Phoenix. Stocky, strict flutterbys probably aren't valued as highly by Maloney and Burke. Just a gut feeling based on comments when they signed Smith rather than Vokoun.

04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Luongo won't get bought out. I can see Vancouver trading Schneider before buying him out.
Now Schneider I'll buy!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Now Schneider I'll buy!
There would be considerable interest in Vancouver went that route. Honestly, I don't know why they don't. They could get a great return for Schneider, and still have a capable goalie in Luongo - who has a good cap hit (it's a rich teams contract).

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Now Schneider I'll buy!
Are you willing to pay him though?

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Neuvirth could work.
Neuvirth for Klesla?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Dr Robot

vCash: 562
You will probably have to wait a year when the blues decide if Allen is ready. Halak/Elliot both have their contracts expire at the end of next year so if the blues decide to go one of them + Allen you can pick the other up in FA.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How about Jonas Gustavsson? Maybe Sean Burke can do for The Monster what he did for another giant, terrible looking goalie who was a bit of a headcase.
Because Jonas Gustavsson Detroit Red Wing Back up Goaltender Is'nt available he's a UFA In 2014 and Ken Holland wont Buy him out nor trade him so this is rather a mute point.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Jhonas Enroth RFA
Anton Khudobin UFA (I believe)

both seem to fit the criteria, could both be #2 or 1B goalies if given the opportunity and the right fit.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Now Schneider I'll buy!
I don't see Phoenix as a plausible fit for us to trade Schneider to. If we did trade him it would be for a young top-6 forward, and preferably out East as opposed to in conference. The only players on Phoenix that might tempt me would be Boedker or in a package for OEL.

Obviously neither of which would be moved for a goaltender.

Luongo for Doan could make a lot of sense, though...Although I'd still rather not see the Coyotes relocated.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:40 PM
shadow1

What about Semyon Varlamov?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Jhonas Enroth RFA
Anton Khudobin UFA (I believe)

both seem to fit the criteria, could both be #2 or 1B goalies if given the opportunity and the right fit.
I would like either of these goalies. But unfortunately, I don't think Maloney and Burke want a goalie of their size. I think Neuvirth would be my top choice of the ones available. If Reimer ever does become available, which I doubt, then he tops my list.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Kimahri

I also really like Thomas Greiss. What are the chances he hits free agency Sharks fans?

Old
04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Falco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I also really like Thomas Greiss. What are the chances he hits free agency Sharks fans?
Its a given he will hit free agency. The sharks have too many goalies in the system to keep him around. Might be a good fit for the coyotes.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Djp

Goalies that may be cheap----how cheap?

Bernier may be cheap to sign but you would still have to acquire him.

Emery may be cheap to sign as a UFA

Miller and hiller would be available....both are on a one year left contracts.

I dont think many others will be out there.

Leafs may trade their back up goalie for something cheaper.

Young proven starting type of goalie just isnt available as a UFA and would cost you via trade.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

It's really unlikely that Vokoun would be moved, for three reasons. One, the next guys in the system are Zatkoff & Hartzell and I don't know if either of them are ready for the NHL. Two, Vokoun took less money and a backup position here in order to give himself a chance at a Cup. The Pens are really respectful when it comes to handling guys who do stuff like that, especially veterans. Three, he has a modified NTC.

If the Pens should win the Cup it may be a possibility if he wants to go back to starting somewhere else, but I still wouldn't bet on it.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Basically, I want somebody's back up that's affordable and decent to step in and be a starter for the Coyotes next season. I figure a passable goalie will probably do if Dave Tippett sticks around.

Any ideas for a sensible trade? By sensible I mean don't include OEL or any other outlandish nonsense. Also, go ahead and check any Luongo mentions at the door. Thanks.
Marty Biron would probably work, but what about giving Vistenin(sp probably off, didn't look it up) a chance. He's had decent #'s in the AHL, and could surprise.

Also, instead of a trade, the Yotes should look to Europe. Maybe even the AHL, someone like Andersson or Svedberg. Can't imagine either would cost an arm and a leg.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Kimahri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Marty Biron would probably work, but what about giving Vistenin(sp probably off, didn't look it up) a chance. He's had decent #'s in the AHL, and could surprise.

Also, instead of a trade, the Yotes should look to Europe. Maybe even the AHL, someone like Andersson or Svedberg. Can't imagine either would cost an arm and a leg.
Visentin needs more time in the AHL. And if you're talking about Frederik Andersen who the ducks drafted from Denmark then I personally would be interested in that. He was a name that I thought of as well as Joacim Eriksson. Both young inexperienced goalies who have excelled in other leagues. I have no idea how Maloney would feel about bringing them in to spit starts with another veteran goalie. Probably LaBarbera, ugh.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Visentin needs more time in the AHL. And if you're talking about Frederik Andersen who the ducks drafted from Denmark then I personally would be interested in that. He was a name that I thought of as well as Joacim Eriksson. Both young inexperienced goalies who have excelled in other leagues. I have no idea how Maloney would feel about bringing them in to spit starts with another veteran goalie. Probably LaBarbera, ugh.
Yeah, sorry, added another s.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Goalies that may be cheap----how cheap?

Bernier may be cheap to sign but you would still have to acquire him.

Young proven starting type of goalie just isnt available as a UFA and would cost you via trade.
I agree he qualifys as young cheap I honestly dont see la tradeing Phoenix jb If/when they decide its time to trade Ill bet he heads east so he doesnt come back to haunt them every year.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
I'd give him 2 years at $2.5m. Maybe even let barbs walk (preferably) and then make a deal with Vancouver for Eddie Lack and Jordan Schroeder. If Lack isn't ready he's right on that cusp and could make a nice asset should khudobin not work out, plus we could keep Chad Johnson as well. Schroeder would give us some center depth and could fill in nicely on the 3rd line for cheap leaving us extra money to try and acquire a #1 winger. I don't know what we would have to give up for Lack and Schroeder but if its reasonable I'd be in.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:26 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Was going to suggest Greiss. Falco5 is correct; it's practically guaranteed he's gone this offseason. Not really any fault of his own, he's certainly played well when he's gotten time. It's just that Niemi is the clear, proven #1 and likes having a large workload to keep him sharp. McLellan is also clearly a fan of leaning on his starter no matter who the backup is.

Greiss is ready for a shot at a starting job somewhere. He can be had for super cheap too, and at best you have yourself a legit young #1, at worst a capable backup in the 1 - 2 million dollar range.

His play style my not fit what Sean Burke is looking for, as Greiss is a very technical, calm, no frills butterfly goalie, but at his price he'd definitely be worth the chance.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:06 AM
2 Weekes Notice

If you're still into the whole Tall Tampa Bay Castoff thing, I can envision a scenario or two in which Anders Lindback hits the market, particularly if a d-man is coming back (obviously not like a Rundblad or OEL). A little Sean Burke would probably do the guy a world of good.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Kimahri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Its a given he will hit free agency. The sharks have too many goalies in the system to keep him around. Might be a good fit for the coyotes.
If Maloney lets both Smith and Barbera walk, I think he brings in two goalies this summer. As well as Chad Johnson has performed in his limited action this year I doubt Maloney gives him one of the top 2 spots on the big club without competition. If this is the case, I'd love to pick up Greiss and let him challenge Johnson, who is also a pending UFA, and whoever else they bring in for the starters position. I've always been impressed by him. He would be as cheap as anyone on the market to sign and its no secret Maloney loves the bargain bin.