HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Taylor Hall to Ottawa

Old
04-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Karlsson >> either one of Hall/Eberle/RNH/Yakupov

If Karlsson is the main piece then I can see it being something like this

Hall
RNH/Eberle/Yakupov
Mid-level D prospect

Karlsson
1st 2013
This makes the sens a worse team, now and in the future, Easy no.

There is only 1 package that could ever land Karlsson and its Crosby.

Edit: LOLOLOL at people that wouldn't trade hall for Karlsson.

Last edited by Kezia: 04-19-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:23 AM
plikestechno

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I swear Oilers fans were saying this about Eberle like six months.
Haha. You picked the wrong guy to reply to me about. I won't say i'm an Eberle hater but have long been a detractor of his. Especially compared to my fellow Oiler fans.

Oiler fans are starting to realize it now but if he's not scoring goals he's doing nothing out there and quite frankly i think he's more of a distraction to Hall and RNH who carry him along. Other than his skating his game hasn't progressed much from his WJC and Pats days. When he doesn't play with them he's invisible because he doesnt have Hall making room for him and RNH dishing the sick feeds. I think other teams have learned how to play against him now. They pressure him really tight and don't give him much room. They don't lose him out there. And he's not fast or strong enough to make his own room. He also doesnt seem to have the best team-first attitude in the world. I think he's much more concerned with being TSN's highlight of the night and when the play's not going up the ice he checks out. I don't think he'll ever be better than he was last season, I think his game is as good as it's going to get. That said, even with his long massive contract, it would have to be a big, gritty winger or someone like Bogosian coming back to move him.

The other three young guns hit and at least try to play good team defense out there and seem willing to sacrifice more. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything right now.

I don't think any of the young guns get traded this year. I think they'll wait to see what falls to them at the draft and they might even wait to see what Klefbom can bring on the blueline before trading one of the big 4 away.

I think one of Hemsky, Gagner or both will be gone this year. I think that will entitle the bold move. I think they will try to trade Nick Schultz's massive contract for anything as well. He's been horrible here. My darkhorse prediction is that they buy out Horcoff this year and make Belanger and Lander or someone like Monahan if they draft him their 3, 4 centres next year. Andthen they spread out the Horcoff cash for other needs or even make a big UFA power forward splash.

I think the Oilers will tell Gagner and his agent to go work on a RFA package with someone else and then when a contract deal is struck they'll do a sign and trade. I don't think they're interested in paying him anymore than he already makes so he'll get traded.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:52 AM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Are you ****ing serious Oiler fans. You wouldn't trade Hall for Karlsson? I'd do that deal everyday and run. BUT, no disrespect to Ottawa unless Karlsson is coming back for Hall i would not trade Hall to the Sens. If were talking Eberle.. I see some pieces there..
Anyone should do that trade

McBaevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:09 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I really, really like Taylor Hall. Him, Jones and Horcoff (if he was paid less) are their only roster players I like. You don't get Hall for anything that isn't extremely valuable. It would look something like this:

Hall, MPS, 2013 1st for Karlsson

Or

Hall for Lehner, Zibanejab, Smith and Ceci.

As per usual, quantity does not get you quality. Unless of course you trade with my Flames. We'll take your roster left-over garbage and give you all-star defensemen back.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:12 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I really, really like Taylor Hall. Him, Jones and Horcoff (if he was paid less) are their only roster players I like. You don't get Hall for anything that isn't extremely valuable. It would look something like this:

Hall, MPS, 2013 1st for Karlsson

Or

Hall for Lehner, Zibanejab, Smith and Ceci.

As per usual, quantity does not get you quality. Unless of course you trade with my Flames. We'll take your roster left-over garbage and give you all-star defensemen back.
Honestly, Taylor Hall is 6th in the league in PPG and is 21 years old. And he plays for a garbage franchise. Imagine if he actually got to play in games that matter.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:22 AM
stempniaksen

I've become one of those fans against trading their top assets (even for a player of Hall's ilk) so count me as one of the Sens fans against this type of deal.

I love Hall, but he's just not worth it from a Sens perspective. I truly think the Sens will trade for a young top-six winger at some point, but they will be using the depth in their prospect pool as opposed to the few high end guys we have (imo) so guys like Noesen, Puempel, Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Petersson, Prince, Gryba, ect will be the ones to go.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:34 AM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12phil View Post
I could have said most the same things and more about David Rundblad 2 years ago....

They are both mid first round picks. playing in different leagues makes them hard to compare. Yet klefbom seems to be struggling to get many points.

It will be a few years before the better player is determined.

Which is why for now I would put them around them same, give or take team needs
Mid first round in different drafts! Klefboms draftyear was miles deeper and better!

You paying attention to much at Ottawa media and how they and their fans overate their prospects.

Ceci has taken a huge drop in the ranking since last year!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...NHL-draft.html

He didnt get even a vote and arent on that 25 list!

Ceci is maybe a great prospect in ohl/Ottawa, but was to average to make the Wjc team, thats isnt a good sign if you still want to compare him with Klefbom.

Klefbom was a climber in the rankings(1 year after the draft) in a deeper draftyear and show all signs to be a allround elite D.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...rst-round.html

Ceci hasnt even playing against men yet, im not saying that hes a bust only that hes a bit overrated, some prospects takes more time to develop, but cecis prognoze isnt near Klefboms and their curve points at different directions!

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Just a heads up, the OP doesn't represent the opinions/views of normal Sens fans...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
They don't, but it's only close because Schultz got overplayed in the AHL... Where he had well over DOUBLE the points, and he was also just named the AHL's top dman this year. There's absolutely no doubt that Schultz is the better dman. Don't get all hung up on how many >'s OP put...
Because Schultz got ''overplayed''? What is this I don't even...

OK, so with massive ice time and 3 NHL stars, Schultz put up good numbers in the AHL.

Wiercioch played on a low scoring team in the AHL (very low compared to Oklahoma). He was 2nd on his team in scoring if I remember correctly (possibly 3rd) when the NHL started. Just like Schultz was on his team.

Wiercioch had 10 goals in 32 games... which is pretty great. Bryan Murray said Wiercioch would be a better NHLer than AHLer... his game translates better to the NHL, just like Zibanejad... Using AHL numbers to prove Schultz >> Wiercioch is ridiculous.

In the NHL, the Oilers and Sens have scored the same amount of goals and Wiercioch has very similar numbers (with less ice time). Not saying Wier is better offensively, but the difference offensively is not big.

With Karlsson and Spezza out, Wiercioch is the best passer on the Sens.

And we all agree Wiercioch is better defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
just have to subtract two greater than signs and you've got her.
Based on what exactly? You having a massive ***** for Schultz and not knowing anything about Wiercioch?

Seriously, there is nothing to base this on. Schultz received massive media attention and Wiercioch went under the radar. Apparently that is enough to say one player is clearly ahead of the other.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
tony d
Summer Camp

To get Taylor Hall Ottawa would give up Jared Cowen, it's 2013 1st and a mid level forward prospect.

04-19-2013, 09:30 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Mid first round in different drafts! Klefboms draftyear was miles deeper and better!

You paying attention to much at Ottawa media and how they and their fans overate their prospects.

Ceci has taken a huge drop in the ranking since last year!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...NHL-draft.html

He didnt get even a vote and arent on that 25 list!

Ceci is maybe a great prospect in ohl/Ottawa, but was to average to make the Wjc team, thats isnt a good sign if you still want to compare him with Klefbom.

Klefbom was a climber in the rankings(1 year after the draft) in a deeper draftyear and show all signs to be a allround elite D.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...rst-round.html

Ceci hasnt even playing against men yet, im not saying that hes a bust only that hes a bit overrated, some prospects takes more time to develop, but cecis prognoze isnt near Klefboms and their curve points at different directions!
We all know the Hockey News is awful and Hockey Canada has absolutely no clue what they are doing when it comes to the WJC.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
HockeySens

Ottawa does not want Taylor Hall, Oilers dont want to trade Taylor Hall. Problem Solved

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Can't afford Hall, price is too high.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:01 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
To get Taylor Hall Ottawa would give up Jared Cowen, it's 2013 1st and a mid level forward prospect.
can't see that being enough.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
HugginThePost

Quote:
Honestly, Taylor Hall is 6th in the league in PPG and is 21 years old. And he plays for a garbage franchise. Imagine if he actually got to play in games that matter.
He did.....the team was in 8th spot 6 games ago. Haven't won a game since. Hall has put up 2 points (assists) and is a -4.

All those games mattered.

HugginThePost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugginThePost View Post
He did.....the team was in 8th spot 6 games ago. Haven't won a game since. Hall has put up 2 points (assists) and is a -4.

All those games mattered.
Of course since you also watched all those games you know that he and Yakupov were two of the very few players who actually showed up in those games. He had 30 shots on goal in those six games including 9 against Calgary.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:28 AM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
And we value our Fab Five very highly, if you won't give up actual NHL players of great value then they won't be moved.
Then you continue to miss the playoffs.. You guys are horrid on the backend..Trade 1 of the big guns straight up for Yandle and be done with it. Then move another FAb 5 to the Kings for Voynov & Williams

Oilers D next year-

Schultz-yandle
Smid-Voynov
Schultz-xx

Defense is miles better.Trading 2 of the Fab 5 as you put it would make the Oilers contenders instantly...

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:28 AM
alphahelix

Hall is really all we've got. He's the beating heart of the Oilers and he can dominate the league in scoring let alone any given game. We'll see how his career plays out. Karlsson is a total smokeshow and Oilers are desperate for D, but when you're talking pieces of this caliber... acquiring one for the other is just running in place. Due to all the high picks in oil country, I would trade Hall for Karlsson, but they will need a heart transplant up front if they actually want to succeed. If we could have both Hall and Karlsson at the end of the day, it would be worth paying a fat package.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:33 AM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Every game should matter for a team struggling to make the PO's.. FACT IS THEY SUCK DEFENSIVELY...

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Ottawa would have to give up a lot more than that from a pure hockey perspective...and even more from a real-life perspective.

When trading quantity for quality (especially elite players signed for 5+ years), you have to overpay a ridiculous amount.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
This makes the sens a worse team, now and in the future, Easy no.

There is only 1 package that could ever land Karlsson and its Crosby.

Edit: LOLOLOL at people that wouldn't trade hall for Karlsson.
HF at it's finest.....

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
plikestechno

This is why none of the big 4 will be traded. Short of a massive overpay Oilers fans will lose their minds.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
This is why none of the big 4 will be traded. Short of a massive overpay Oilers fans will lose their minds.
they might be traded, but it won't be this year or even next year, and probably not the year after that either. After what the franchise went through to get them, and with them all performing well there's no reason to move any of them yet. There are plenty of ways to get a different kind of/better depth without having to part with your top end skill. When Mctavish was coaching the oilers last time they had no shortage of depth players they just didn't have the top end talent. Now we can see if he can identify the right depth. We know they couldn't when Tabellini was there, lots of horrendous free agents brought in, some poor trades etc.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:16 PM
slapshot12phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
HF at it's finest.....
Not sure whats so difficult to understand. Karlsson is at worst a top 5 player in the NHL, no debating that.

Usually Defensemen are more heavily valued then Forwards.

If you could choose 1 player to build your franchise around, I think most people would pick either Karlsson or Crosby. Maybe an edge to Crosby.

Not hard to believe that we wouldn't trade karlsson for anything but Crosby. Which we would have to add.

**This is ofcourse Karlsson returns to form**

slapshot12phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
They'd need to give a heck of a lot more than that. That might not even land Eberle.