HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 CHL Playoff Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 11:46 PM
  #126
Knighthammer
Registered User
 
Knighthammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
What the? Kamloops have had 11 powerplays tonight compared to Kelowna's... 1

Knighthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:48 PM
  #127
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,824
vCash: 815
Oilers prospect Kale Kessy OT Winner! Kamloops sweeps Kelowna.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
  #128
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Can someone give us an outlook on Stefan Fournier with Halifax. The kid is burning the Q series right now with his offensive record, better than the two Wunderkids, McKinnon and Drouin. He is 20 and never been drafted. Can he make the NHL ?
If the kid could skate he'd be a sure-fire pro player... That's what drags him down/not drafted, because he does everything else so well.

Excellent leadership, seems like a team first guy and is co-captain.... Probably the best player I have ever seen below the faceoff dots with the puck ... Shields it so well, has great vision and is impossible to bump off the puck.... Goes to the dirty areas, and has two 30 goal seasons... So I'm hoping he can make it somewhere, really deserves it with hard work and seems like a really great guy off the ice.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
  #129
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
In the category of snoozers, the Q 2nd round had 3 teams advance today...

We know this much ...
#1 Halifax vs. #5 Quebec/#8 Rouyn
#2 Baie-Comeau vs. #3 Blainville

Rouyn up 3-1 on Patty's Remps.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:14 AM
  #130
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,824
vCash: 815
So Portland and Kamloops is set. Edmonton is off to the next round, likely against Calgary. My bold prediction is an Edmonton vs. Kamloops final. When Colin Smith comes back they are going to roll. Kamloops is a big physical team that can shutdown Portland's top guys. It's going to be a great series either way.

Really good matchups in the WHL.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:47 AM
  #131
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
If the kid could skate he'd be a sure-fire pro player... That's what drags him down/not drafted, because he does everything else so well.

Excellent leadership, seems like a team first guy and is co-captain.... Probably the best player I have ever seen below the faceoff dots with the puck ... Shields it so well, has great vision and is impossible to bump off the puck.... Goes to the dirty areas, and has two 30 goal seasons... So I'm hoping he can make it somewhere, really deserves it with hard work and seems like a really great guy off the ice.
I thought he was deserving of at least a camp invite or an AHL contract, but hopefully his playoff performance in front of all of the scouts looking at the draft eligible kids will net him an NHL contract.
He's so effective as a specialist that he may just carve a niche out for himself.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
  #132
BigD66
Registered User
 
BigD66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Calgary finishes Red Deer off tonight so now the WHL is all set:

Calgary vs. Edmonton
Kamloops vs. Portland

Looking forward to it

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:56 PM
  #133
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,268
vCash: 567
The London vs Plymouth series should be something else. Should be an all-out war. Hopefully Sportsnet shows a game.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
  #134
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD66 View Post
Calgary finishes Red Deer off tonight so now the WHL is all set:

Calgary vs. Edmonton
Kamloops vs. Portland

Looking forward to it
The local Shaw channel here in Edmonton will be airing the Edmonton/Calgary matchup.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:57 PM
  #135
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,824
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
The local Shaw channel here in Edmonton will be airing the Edmonton/Calgary matchup.
Great to hear. Would have been happy to watch either one but this should be a hell of a series.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
  #136
BigD66
Registered User
 
BigD66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
The local Shaw channel here in Edmonton will be airing the Edmonton/Calgary matchup.
That's great! Was kinda hoping it'd be Portland/Kamloops since I'll likely be going to all the Edmonton games anyways, but I can't wait for this round should be great hockey!

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:39 PM
  #137
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Apparently Hartman and Curcuruto done for the year for Plymouth? Big blow if true.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM
  #138
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,268
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Apparently Hartman and Curcuruto done for the year for Plymouth? Big blow if true.
If this is truly what Hartman's wrist looked like, then yeah...I believe it.

https://twitter.com/OHLinsiders/stat...95071132090370

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
  #139
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce
 
Tasty Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Yikes... disclaimer man, haha. NSFL (not safe for lunch)

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
  #140
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,268
vCash: 567
Hartman could play next week!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=16492

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
  #141
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
That Hartman injury is pretty gruesome. Hope the guy makes a speedy recovery.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:41 PM
  #142
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hartman could play next week!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=16492
So incredibly lucky, obviously just a surface wound.

Lucky kid.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:24 AM
  #143
BigD66
Registered User
 
BigD66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Calgary took the first game against Edmonton tonight 3-2 in OT. Calgary scored an early goal in both the first and second, but I think Edmonton mainly controlled the play, Drieder played well.

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:04 AM
  #144
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD66 View Post
Calgary took the first game against Edmonton tonight 3-2 in OT. Calgary scored an early goal in both the first and second, but I think Edmonton mainly controlled the play, Drieder played well.
I started watching the game on tv in the middle of the second. I can't count a single race to the puck, or battle along the boards that Calgary won, yet they squeaked it out.
This series could be a battle.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:42 AM
  #145
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
I started watching the game on tv in the middle of the second. I can't count a single race to the puck, or battle along the boards that Calgary won, yet they squeaked it out.
This series could be a battle.
Calgary controlled the game.

The only reason it got to OT, was a gift PP for Edmonton.

I don't like Edmonton's new look lines and PP units.

Hoping this one goes 7.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  #146
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Calgary controlled the game.

The only reason it got to OT, was a gift PP for Edmonton.

I don't like Edmonton's new look lines and PP units.

Hoping this one goes 7.
Maybe the 1st half, i didn't watch, but in the 2nd half, calgary had no business being in that hockey game. They didn't have a single scoring chance in the second 1/2 not even on the pp (except for their 2 in overtime, one being the goal), and they did not win a single puck battle. I would say time of possesion was at least 80/20 edmonton.


Last edited by PumpkinBomb: 04-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:44 AM
  #147
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,524
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Calgary controlled the game.

The only reason it got to OT, was a gift PP for Edmonton.

I don't like Edmonton's new look lines and PP units.

Hoping this one goes 7.
Weren't the shots like 35-20 for Edmonton?

R S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
  #148
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Weren't the shots like 35-20 for Edmonton?
Shots smots....if they're coming from the outside and hitting the goalie in the chest, all they do is give the road team another whistle to quiet the crowd.

Game control isn't about shot clock, it's about tempo....I imagine Edmonton didn't feel like they owned the game, like pumpkinbomb is suggesting.

I watched it start to finish....before Cheek's goal, Edmonton looked absolutely listless.

Could hear a pin drop in Rexall. It was a pretty low-event road game, exactly what Calgary was probably looking to do.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:23 PM
  #149
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,524
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Shots smots....if they're coming from the outside and hitting the goalie in the chest, all they do is give the road team another whistle to quiet the crowd.

Game control isn't about shot clock, it's about tempo....I imagine Edmonton didn't feel like they owned the game, like pumpkinbomb is suggesting.

I watched it start to finish....before Cheek's goal, Edmonton looked absolutely listless.

Could hear a pin drop in Rexall. It was a pretty low-event road game, exactly what Calgary was probably looking to do.
Was just a question. I didn't get to watch much of the game, only saw the last 10 minutes of the 3rd.

R S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:47 PM
  #150
zjh
@ZenonHerasymiuk
 
zjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AB88
Country: Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Crazy how the OK's take away time and space. Play like an NHL team. Other than V. Rask, the Hitmen really struggled with breaking the press.

How good was Curtis Lazar? Still dont know why he isn't in everyone's top 20 for the draft. Wicked hockey player

Crowd's have been tough in Calgary and apparently Edm also. Very concerning. Personally think there should be closer to 10k not 5k. Hopefully things turn for the better tonight and the rest of the way.

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.