HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

2013 Ducks toughness thread (with updates)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM
  #526
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,131
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Ok so you have no point? You just hate Torres?

Torres is a very good bottom sixer with toughness. He would fit in perfectly on a line with Beleskey. Murray screwed the pooch by getting Lombardi instead of him. We'll see if we get exposed in the playoffs...
I already said I did. You're going after me for no reason. It's not about having no point. I just commented that I would be disgusted if we added that guy. I wasn't trying to make a point.

Statement: "I would puke if we got Torres"
Reason (only one): I hate that little *****

this back and forth was completely pointless.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
  #527
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I already said I did. You're going after me for no reason. It's not about having no point. I just commented that I would be disgusted if we added that guy. I wasn't trying to make a point.

Statement: "I would puke if we got Torres"
Reason (only one): I hate that little *****

this back and forth was completely pointless.
Ok, I apologize. I misread.

My point is that I think he can help make the team tougher even if he's a little *****.

Sorry if I took it out of context

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
  #528
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I think Torres can help the team more from a physical standpoint...yes. What's so hard to understand about Lombardi and Dvorak being soft players that will not help in the playoffs? Look at Brad May...he was a great addition for the 4th line...I think Torres could be something similar to him.
That may be true, I was just reflecting to the "has ever been" part. Will Lombardi and Dvorak help in the playoffs? Time will tell, Lombardi isn't looking too good right now but it's early. Torres is a solid and physical winger capable of playing 3rd line minutes, but one dirty hit and he could be suspended for the entire playoffs. Either way, soft players = irrelevant in the playoffs is the biggest misconception on HFboards. Selanne and Koivu were the Ducks two best players the last time they were in the playoffs. Scott Niedermayer won the Conn Smythe in 07 and McDonald led the team in goals. Daniel Briere is both soft and tiny, and is one of the leagues top playoff clutch guys.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:42 PM
  #529
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 500
Torres isn't just a 4th line scrub. He's a two time 20 goal scorer and a five time 15 goal scorer. He's made some questionable hits but he's definitely a quality player who adds a physical element as well as some scoring touch. I also think his hits are a result of stupidity as opposed to being intentional which is why I don't hate him as much as the likes of Matt Cooke or Steve Ott (seriously who the **** eye gouges someone).

At this point in time he adds a lot more than Lombardi does. I would personally take him over Dvorak although if Dvorak can play more like he did last night as opposed to his first few games then I think he'll be a good acquisition. Size and physicality does help in the playoffs - since we won in '07 the Red Wings are the only cup winning team that had what I would call a soft team. Boston, LA and Chicago were particularly physical - Boston maybe even more so than the Ducks were.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
  #530
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,131
vCash: 69
I know it's an isolated incident but Torres just had a brutal turnover that led to CBJ's fourth goal

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:18 PM
  #531
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I know it's an isolated incident but Torres just had a brutal turnover that led to CBJ's fourth goal
He also had 2 assists and 7 hits in the Sharks game vs. the Stars.

One game sample size for the win!!!!!

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
  #532
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Ugh, I hate Torres. He was a good player and might add something but he's such a *******. He's one of those few tough guys that can actually skate and play. But he's just such a dick. No thanks.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:18 PM
  #533
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,241
vCash: 50
Ugh this thread is getting soft

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:43 PM
  #534
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,628
vCash: 500
Another soft performance from the Ducks. No energy at all. I really wish we acquired a couple tough players at the deadline...ugh

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:54 AM
  #535
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Another soft performance from the Ducks. No energy at all. I really wish we acquired a couple tough players at the deadline...ugh
The coach wouldnt play them anyway

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:09 AM
  #536
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 6,706
vCash: 633
What is toughness?

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:12 AM
  #537
la patineuse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyDucks View Post
What is toughness?
Something the Ducks don't have.

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
  #538
Carelton CA
Registered User
 
Carelton CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
I think Murray over thought this whole process adding guys like Dvorak and Lombardi.

We have grit in Norfolk and ENERGY! Let the friggin kids play. Etem has been very good. There are a few forwards in Norfolk that play physical and have high energy. Experience is one thing, but there is already plenty of that in Anaheim. Let some speed and excitement on the team with guys like Maroon and Wagner. Not recycled older players who are winding down their careers. Look at Sami, stepped right in last night. I don't understand sending Holland down at all.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
  #539
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Another soft performance from the Ducks. No energy at all. I really wish we acquired a couple tough players at the deadline...ugh
You're right about lack of energy being the problem you're wrong about who you think can provide it. The players you speak of can't skate and would have been equally ineffective last night.

The guys we have are perfectly capable of playing with a lot of energy they just aren't for whatever reason.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
  #540
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wydaho
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post

The guys we have are perfectly capable of playing with a lot of energy they just aren't for whatever reason.

...because they're too busy picking themselves up off the ice

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
  #541
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
...because they're too busy picking themselves up, and often times limping off the ice.
That's not true at all. The opposition isn't playing particularly physical. They're just skating harder.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:03 PM
  #542
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wydaho
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
That's not true at all. The opposition isn't playing particularly physical. They're just skating harder.
I think you've been watching the wrong team. we're getting leveled every game.. not just by big hits, but in fighting for the pucks. And please don't pull out the "hits" stats again, please. That says nothing.

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
  #543
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
I think you've been watching the wrong team. we're getting leveled every game.. not just by big hits, but in fighting for the pucks. And please don't pull out the "hits" stats again, please. That says nothing.
This is a gross exaggeration at best, and just flat out wrong at worst.

__________________
"Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice" -- Polonius
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
  #544
Carelton CA
Registered User
 
Carelton CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
You're right about lack of energy being the problem you're wrong about who you think can provide it. The players you speak of can't skate and would have been equally ineffective last night.

The guys we have are perfectly capable of playing with a lot of energy they just aren't for whatever reason.


Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about...Who can't skate?

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
  #545
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wydaho
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
This is a gross exaggeration at best, and just flat out wrong at worst.
I'll let you tell my wife that.

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:51 AM
  #546
5minsforfighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Ahlers and Hayward should stop calling this team ''big bad ducks''.... its simply shameful to listen.
Last night against Calgary they talk about McGrattan and how he is dressed for the game because bad ducks are in town

P.S. Congrats to Brian on his goal, that was a really nice play.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:42 AM
  #547
Papaspud
Bring on...
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the ketchup!!
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
Ahlers and Hayward should stop calling this team ''big bad ducks''.... its simply shameful to listen.
Last night against Calgary they talk about McGrattan and how he is dressed for the game because bad ducks are in town

P.S. Congrats to Brian on his goal, that was a really nice play.

If we weren't going to sign Parros, then McGrattan should've stayed in our stable!!! Kducks and I were given some really sweet seats during last season's preseason games against the queens courtesy of some Russian "friends of ours", and witnessed how he stove westgarth's face in. I, of course, stood screaming to the crowd " Bam...just like when Scott bloodied your enforcer!!! Needless to say, considering who we were with, the queens fans reaction was muted...but exactly why was McGeattan let go on waivers? Big! Tough! Able to score! Scares the bejebezes out of anyone he fights? Damn...he would be a perfect 4th liner for this team...and we already had him under contract!

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:08 AM
  #548
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,186
vCash: 500
McGratton was put on waivers to send to the AHL because teams don't carry two heavyweights. Parros hadn't turned into a complete waste of space yet at that point, and Carlyle was willing to play him 3 minutes every game.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:42 AM
  #549
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,122
vCash: 500
When you are a team that lacks energy you probably should put your tough guy in the lineup. Give Staubitz another chance!

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:56 AM
  #550
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wydaho
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Who needs Staubitz!... when we've got Lovejoy!

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.