HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello

View Poll Results: Re-sign Zucc RIGHT NOW?
YES - AT Least 1 YR 199 89.24%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...YES 17 7.62%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...NO 2 0.90%
Sorry, but No. 5 2.24%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 12:33 PM
KenGuru

vCash: 500
I agree with Mats that he is not Gretzky but he made Huberdeau look like Gretzky though

Old
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Torts should ****ing suck it up and do his job. His job is to deal with the media. No **** Zuccs is going to receive a TON of Norwegian attention. Either answer the question, or pull your usual **** "I'm not going to discuss individual players like that." and move on. And if you have to say that after every game, THEN SAY IT AFTER EVERY GAME.

Torts is a ****** when dealing with the media.

Notice how during the game against Philadelphia the other night, there was no "coach face time" with Tortorella? They had one with Lavi, but not one with Torts.

Do your job.
His job is to coach the New York Rangers.

A byproduct of which is dealing with the media, unfortunately. Let me know how you'd feel if the stupid reporters were asking you stupid questions about inconsequential moments and/or players night after night after night.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
Silly me,voted 1 of the 3 stars of the game by a bunch of fans on an online board,what was i thinking?

He's been top 3'ing pretty much all post game polls on this particular forum since he joined, is everyone wrong ?

Old
04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
He's been top 3'ing pretty much all post game polls on this particular forum since he joined, is everyone wrong ?
Yea, sometimes.

Im pretty sure that Zuccarello gets some bonus points because hes 5 foot nothing and the odds were majorly stacked against him to even make the NHL.

I mean, how else can you explain the gushing for somebody who produces at about the same clip as Erik Christensen did?

Old
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

The people that are surpriced that zuke scored from right in front of the goal doesn't remember the last tim he were here before the injury.

2 of his 3 goals were from the front of the goal on reflections and rebounds..

So far he's played balls to the Walls on every shift and it has paid of so far..

Sure he has stuff to work on and improve but which player doesn't?

Also those not wanting Norwegian poster's here makes me scratch my head and arse at the same time? You don't want new fans supporting your team?

I support NYR not cause of zuke, but for personal reason. Zuke being there is an added bonus for me and I enjoy sitting up to 4 in morning watching games - my boss doesn't though..

Sure, some of us are bandwagon fans whilst others stick around but to not welcome all posters/fans with open arms is not How open minded and open hearted I remember New Yorkers from my yearly trips to the greatest city in the world where I always visit the greatest arena in the world and hang out with some of the best fans in the world..

Back on zuke; so far...so good..I just think he came here 2 weeks too late to really be a factor..

If he gets signed for next year, then I'll fistpump and nod in approval.

If he doesn't Get signed, then I'll still be here...annoying some of You fine folks...

This is one fan signing out..a NYC/NYR fan that is..

If I come across as offensive or this post doesn't make sense - I blame Jack Daniels and my beer googles..

Old
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Idlerlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yea, sometimes.

Im pretty sure that Zuccarello gets some bonus points because hes 5 foot nothing and the odds were majorly stacked against him to even make the NHL.

I mean, how else can you explain the gushing for somebody who produces at about the same clip as Erik Christensen did?
I made a lengthy post on the former page that I wish you had read, it was for you.

But the short version is that I kinda feel like you are mixing production with not relying on teammates who are in too bad form to capitalize on the chances he produces.

If someone would make a "Production produced by passing" statistic I'm sure there wouldn't really be an argument. For example if Richards was able to hit a barn door while standing right infront of the door, the little guy would have a considerable higher number of points, killing all arguments about productivity.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Yea, sometimes.

He has a pulse. Christensen doesn't. There's effort there.

04-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I made a lengthy post on the former page that I wish you had read, it was for you.

But the short version is that I kinda feel like you are mixing production with not relying on teammates who are in too bad form to capitalize on the chances he produces.

If someone would make a "Production produced by passing" statistic I'm sure there wouldn't really be an argument. For example if Richards was able to hit a barn door while standing right infront of the door, the little guy would have a considerable higher number of points, killing all arguments about productivity.
Yea, I read that manifesto. It was a laundry list of excuses as to why I shouldnt be skeptical of Zuccarello. Sorry, I dont think that way.

Maybe, sometime soon, the NHL will invent stats to show how Mats Zuccarello should be producing more.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He has a pulse. Christensen doesn't. There's effort there.
Which is why I have no ill will towards him. Im also not going to fall in love with the guy because hes an undersized underdog.

Zuccarello is really just not good enough of a player for people to be falling over themselves to defend him when his NHL ability is met with some skepticism.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Idlerlee

How many ppg must he have before you are happy ? lol

Don't forget that he's been "responsible" for like one goal against, and that was by a play that honestly you should applaud rather than flame the team for. How does that translate to a defensive liability when we have defenders who have done actual blunders to create goals against.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Exactly in which way do you think then?
I dont deal in excuses, what-ifs, or upsides.

And, in Zuccarello, I dont see a player whose offensive abilities and potential for production are enough to significantly outshine his deficiencies.

Hes a fine addition for this Rangers squad. Then again, this Ranger squad is incredibly mediocre. I have trouble envisioning him as an offensive cog in a real contending team.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Yea, I read that manifesto. It was a laundry list of excuses as to why I shouldnt be skeptical of Zuccarello. Sorry, I dont think that way.

Maybe, sometime soon, the NHL will invent stats to show how Mats Zuccarello should be producing more.
How about you invent stat to show how much of a liability he is, because I'm pretty sure both Fenwick and Corsi supports Zuccarello. I'd check it out ifi weren't browsing on my phone.

Edit: I checked anyway http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

Leads in Corsi, and a low on ice team sh% indicates they should have scored on more of their shots

Last edited by anofsti: 04-19-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: corsi
Old
04-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Wolfy*

Well maybe Zucc finds out he doesn't want to stay here, this team aint good enough for his future. He's an RFA, and I'm sure he'd pick up a nice offer from Pittsburgh, and play on a line with Crosby

Old
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
How about you invent stat to show how much of a liability he is, because I'm pretty sure both Fenwick and Corsi supports Zuccarello. I'd check it out ifi weren't browsing on my phone.

Edit: I checked anyway http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

Leads in Corsi, and a low on ice team sh% indicates they should have scored on more of their shots
Facts like these should really curtail the emotion-based opinions in this thread.

But will they?

Old
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
We are 6-3-1 since he has joined us.
Too many variables to me to really use that as a gauge of anything.

Quote:
Our powerplay has improved.
Marginally. Zuccarello has 1 point on the PP. Of course I've maintained that I think his pp prowess has been overstated.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Facts like these should really curtail the emotion-based opinions in this thread.

But will they?

Off course not. It's HFboards.

Last edited by anofsti: 04-19-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post

But will they?
Im quite certain that my opinions on Mats Zuccarello are devoid of any emotion. I dont think hes important enough to really display any emotion towards him.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Too many variables to me to really use that as a gauge of anything.

Marginally. Zuccarello has 1 point on the PP. Of course I've maintained that I think his pp prowess has been overstated.
Regardless how many points he has on it, its fairly obviously it's looked much better when hes out there. Much less standing around, and more creativity. I don't think anyone can say the PP looks the same as it did the first half of the season.

And, yes there are a lot of variables to do with that 6-3-1 record, but he is still one of the variables that must be considered.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Regardless how many points he has on it, its fairly obviously it's looked much better when hes out there. Much less standing around, and more creativity. I don't think anyone can say the PP looks the same as it did the first half of the season.

And, yes there are a lot of variables to do with that 6-3-1 record, he is still one of the variables that must be considered.
It certainly has looked better with Brassard out there.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
It certainly has looked better with Brassard out there.
Yup, Brassard has also help improve the PP. Not saying it was just Zucc.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:53 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Im quite certain that my opinions on Mats Zuccarello are devoid of any emotion. I dont think hes important enough to really display any emotion towards him.
No. But you sure put a lot of emotion into winning an argument on the internet. Right or wrong be damned.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Idlerlee

Quote:
3 goals the last 2 games, won rangers a point, pulls opposition penalties more or less every game, sets up Richards with barndoor shots, uses his body as a human shotstopper.

Aaaaand I could go on.

I'm not trying to make him out to be god, there are better players than Zucc on this team, but I find it staggering that you're able to label him as: Bad. And even a below average forward.. like, what.

So when even Corsi backs up everyones claim, and logical deduction and situation analysiz clearly state that yes, he makes crucial contributions.. You have to be able to explain better WHY he is so bad instead of just say "he's bad, this is my opinion"..

You are of course right to your opinion, but in this case it feels like you are speaking against the masses without actual evidence other than assumption

Closed Thread