HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Taylor Hall to Ottawa

Old
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
How about Zack Smith, Milan Michalek, Cody Ceci, and 2013 First?
That's close. It addresses a lot of needs for the Oilers.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
HugginThePost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Of course since you also watched all those games you know that he and Yakupov were two of the very few players who actually showed up in those games. He had 30 shots on goal in those six games including 9 against Calgary.
No where did I say he played bad. What was said is wait until he is in meaningful games. He was......and while he did play very well.....he did not bury his chances or make the players around him better.

I keep hearing about how clutch he will be in the playoffs, just like juniors. If he can't be clutch to stay in the play off race why would he in the playoffs. Stupid hypothetical, I get that. But I think you can see where I am coming from. He has had 6 VERY MEANINGFUL games and he has two assists in them.

Having said all of that, the Oilers will never trade him, nor should they. He is a great hockey player. Well, not unless they could get a #1 D-man and #1 Goalie for him.

HugginThePost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugginThePost View Post
No where did I say he played bad. What was said is wait until he is in meaningful games. He was......and while he did play very well.....he did not bury his chances or make the players around him better.

I keep hearing about how clutch he will be in the playoffs, just like juniors. If he can't be clutch to stay in the play off race why would he in the playoffs. Stupid hypothetical, I get that. But I think you can see where I am coming from. He has had 6 VERY MEANINGFUL games and he has two assists in them.

Having said all of that, the Oilers will never trade him, nor should they. He is a great hockey player. Well, not unless they could get a #1 D-man and #1 Goalie for him.
Agreed. Taylor Hall should be the one untouchable on that roster. Everything else should be available for the right price. But if you could get a package like Lehner, Cowan and Zibanejab you have to do it. For 2nd liners and 2nd pairing defensemen, you definitely pass.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12phil View Post
Not sure whats so difficult to understand. Karlsson is at worst a top 5 player in the NHL, no debating that.

Usually Defensemen are more heavily valued then Forwards.

If you could choose 1 player to build your franchise around, I think most people would pick either Karlsson or Crosby. Maybe an edge to Crosby.

Not hard to believe that we wouldn't trade karlsson for anything but Crosby. Which we would have to add.

**This is ofcourse Karlsson returns to form**
Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, then maybe Karlsson. If you're talking about a very good forward, and a very good D, then the D gets the edge. But when you're talking about the very very best, that edge goes back to the forward. Don't get me wrong... Karlsson is a very good player. But if I was building a team, I'd be doing so with one of those 3 centers, and Karlsson wouldn't even receive consideration until they were no longer an option.

04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Agreed. Taylor Hall should be the one untouchable on that roster. Everything else should be available for the right price. But if you could get a package like Lehner, Cowan and Zibanejab you have to do it. For 2nd liners and 2nd pairing defensemen, you definitely pass.
Add RNH to the untouchable list. Not because I think he's amazing (he hasn't been this year), but he has the potential to be a #1 centers, and those do not grow on tree's. To move one (without getting one back) would be a colossal mistake. You have 3 potentially 1st line wingers. You move one of them first.

Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12phil View Post
Not sure whats so difficult to understand. Karlsson is at worst a top 5 player in the NHL, no debating that.

Usually Defensemen are more heavily valued then Forwards.

If you could choose 1 player to build your franchise around, I think most people would pick either Karlsson or Crosby. Maybe an edge to Crosby.

Not hard to believe that we wouldn't trade karlsson for anything but Crosby. Which we would have to add.

**This is ofcourse Karlsson returns to form**
There are a bunch of guys i'd rather build my team around than Karlsson. Ovechkin, Weber, Malkin and Stamkos are all guys to think about.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote