HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVIII - TWTW Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 11:01 PM
  #1
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,909
vCash: 772
Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVIII - TWTW Edition

Sox could come home .500 if they get a win tomorrow after what was looking like a very miserable trip.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
  #2
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500


Let's get it.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
  #3
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,909
vCash: 772
Nets in 6.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:09 AM
  #4
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,632
vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Sox could come home .500 if they get a win tomorrow after what was looking like a very miserable trip.
Probable since my little league offense is more patient than the Jays are at the plate

theaub is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
  #5
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,899
vCash: 50
Don't follow the NBA at all, but the thought of Sarah Kustok coming back to town did bring a smile to my face as they're up against the Nets.

... not the creep that hit on her at center ice, swear to God.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:52 AM
  #6
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Soler returned to Daytona last night, picked up right where he left off. Baez moved to a heavier bat and is making a lot better contact. Stephen Bruno is picking up where he left off in Boise absolutely hammering the ball in Daytona.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
  #7
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,632
vCash: 995
Cubs got Julio Borbon who always turned into a beast for me in OOTP

Yay?

theaub is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
  #8
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,876
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Cubs got Julio Borbon who always turned into a beast for me in OOTP

Yay?
Pablo Sandoval was like a contact hitting God always for me.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
  #9
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,876
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Soler returned to Daytona last night, picked up right where he left off. Baez moved to a heavier bat and is making a lot better contact. Stephen Bruno is picking up where he left off in Boise absolutely hammering the ball in Daytona.
I wouldn't get my hopes up on Bruno. At least until he makes a successful jump to AA.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
  #10
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up on Bruno. At least until he makes a successful jump to AA.
Obviously, but you can say that about any prospect.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:21 PM
  #11
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Nets in 6.
Highly doubt it. The Bulls had about half the roster injured when they played Brooklyn two out of the four games. Won one, lost one (both very close). Bulls won both games where the teams were healthy.

I'd say Bulls in 6. The Nets have major trouble scoring against them and aren't coached anywhere near as well.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
  #12
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,956
vCash: 340
Did I hear correct this morning that Dunn was 1/34 on the road trip ,,, Worst FA signing in Sox history

I thought Jamie Navarro trying to pitch was bad ,, Dunn at plate is just downright pathetic

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
  #13
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,806
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Obviously, but you can say that about any prospect.
Very worthy 9th round pick, love the numbers he has been putting up. Do you know if they are just playing him at 2B or 3B as well?

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
  #14
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Very worthy 9th round pick, love the numbers he has been putting up. Do you know if they are just playing him at 2B or 3B as well?
He plays 2nd for Daytona. Cubs are pretty stacked at 2nd with Torreyes in Tennessee, Bruno in Daytona, and Amaya in Kane County

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
  #15
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Did I hear correct this morning that Dunn was 1/34 on the road trip ,,, Worst FA signing in Sox history

I thought Jamie Navarro trying to pitch was bad ,, Dunn at plate is just downright pathetic
He is 6 for 57 so far this year. What a stud.

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
  #16
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,806
vCash: 10592
I'd be most concerned that Dunn only has 3 walks on the year. It's not just a bat speed issue. He obviously isn't seeing the ball well so far.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
  #17
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,805
vCash: 500
Sox game tonight is postponed due to the cold weather.

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:51 PM
  #18
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,806
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Sox game tonight is postponed due to the cold weather.
Really? Try going to a Cubs game in April.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:52 PM
  #19
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Sox game tonight is postponed due to the cold weather.
Is it really because of the cold? I would think its because of flooding

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM
  #20
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Is it really because of the cold? I would think its because of flooding
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_cws&c_id=cws

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 01:56 PM
  #21
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,752
vCash: 500
dunn is a complete bum. least favorite Sox player ever

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:01 PM
  #22
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
"Forecasts are calling for temperatures in the low 40s and high 30s, plus high winds. The teams will hope for better weather on Saturday, when they are scheduled to play at 2:05 p.m. CT."

What the hell? I went to a Cubs game when it was snowing.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM
  #23
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
"Forecasts are calling for temperatures in the low 40s and high 30s, plus high winds. The teams will hope for better weather on Saturday, when they are scheduled to play at 2:05 p.m. CT."

What the hell? I went to a Cubs game when it was snowing.
I think the article is wrong. Its 37 degrees right now and my iphone says low of 27 tonight. I can see a game possibly being played in the 20s getting cancelled.

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
  #24
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Don't follow the NBA at all, but the thought of Sarah Kustok coming back to town did bring a smile to my face as they're up against the Nets.

... not the creep that hit on her at center ice, swear to God.
That was an older version of me. Kustok is my alltime favorite rinkside/fieldside sportscaster. Bar none.

But hey, 7-0 ain't bad.

BBH is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #25
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I think the article is wrong. Its 37 degrees right now and my iphone says low of 27 tonight. I can see a game possibly being played in the 20s getting cancelled.
I've been to a game in Wrigley where the wind chill at times was single digits...

RayP is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.