HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J. Cowen for J. Eberle

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 08:01 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Let's put it this way... the only single asset with initials JC that could get Eberle is found in The Bible not on the Sens roster...
So there is nothing on Ottawa's roster in addition to Cowen that would net Eberle? Alright then.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:01 PM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
An injury prone defensive defenseman for a 22 year whos already put up a PPG season and named an allstar?

try again
^ Injury prone ALMOST PPG winger.

Cowen = 2 injuries (knee, hip)
Eberle = 3 injuries (knee, ankle, finger)

Old
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Last season, sure. This season they all seem to be playing equally.
Difference being Conacher and Turris aren't playing with a broken finger.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
So there is nothing on Ottawa's roster in addition to Cowen that would net Eberle? Alright then.
In addition? Sure... Lehner and one of Silfverberg/Zibanejad...

Old
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
^ Injury prone ALMOST PPG winger.

Cowen = 2 injuries (knee, hip)
Eberle = 3 injuries (knee, ankle, finger)
Cowens missed significant time because of his, Eberle has not.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
In addition? Sure... Lehner and one of Silfverberg/Zibanejad...
Haha see I said reasonable offers Cowen plus any of those three would be an over payment for just Eberle. Funny how you made fun of other offers and then make comments like that. No point in dealing with homer Edmonton fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Cowens missed significant time because of his, Eberle has not.
Cowen also bounced back from a major injury in far less time than someone normally would. Long-term Eberle's tendency to get injured more often should make up the twenty-four game difference on the IR.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:06 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Worst post in this whole thread... if you cannot see the difference between Eberle and Conacher/Turris, you should watch another sport... literally no comparison between them can be made...
Conacher's just a rookie. He'll get better. Turris too if he can put on a little muscle.

Still-the numbers they are putting up are roughly the same as Eberle who you seem to consider to be in another stratosphere. and he is certainly being paid that way.

Is Eberle improving or regressing? Why is he the player that Oil fans seem ready to trade away?

Old
04-19-2013, 08:07 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Difference being Conacher and Turris aren't playing with a broken finger.
Or the obvious one: neither Turris nor Conacher has put up over 70pts.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:08 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Haha see I said reasonable offers Cowen plus any of those three would be an over payment for just Eberle. Funny how you made fun of other offers and then make comments like that. No point in dealing with homer Edmonton fans.
Irony.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Cowen Time

All things being equal, I will take an equally elite D over a similar F. You need both the win but the elite stud D are a rarer beast to find, or to acquire from FA or trades. That is why the Cowen for Eberle proposal isn't so bad.

That said, Oil fans are reasonable wanting to see more proof that Cowen is the real deal. I've followed him closely since he was drafted, through Junior to joining the B-Sens in time to be a main factor in their Calder win, and then jump right into a key top 4 position as a rookie with the Sens who played 82 games + playoffs. Long term, I always thought that he would be challenging for a Norris trophy as well as Karlsson.

With the recent injury it does make the trade a bit of a risk for the Oilers, so I understand that but it isn't a crazy proposal.

Old
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Homer Ottawa fans are delusional if they think Jared Cowen is worth Jordan Eberle

Old
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Haha see I said reasonable offers Cowen plus any of those three would be an over payment for just Eberle.
WAIT WAIT WAIT... you are telling me you would have to overpay to get a 22 year old winger fresh off PPG season and just resigned to a huge deal.. you are a MASTER detective! I can smell next CSI spin off... CSI: HFBoards..

Old
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Spence334

Way to break down my post to further your argument.
Quote:
So it is almost as if the quality of the players matter... interesting dude... do tell me more...

Okay I think I get it now...

Paajarvi
Klefbom
Oilers 1st '13
Oilers 1st '15
Oilers 1st '16

You cannot turn that down for Karlsson... five 1sts... none outside three years either way... I mean if you turn that down you are a hypocrite or something I guess... but you won't. Right?

Since we talking former first round picks now and not quality, I would take a package of 5 first round picks. I'd do

Hall
Yaks
RNH
MPS
1st

for karlsson.

I'm done here. I get it, you want to keep Eberle unless you get a huge overpayment. I thought my offer was fair, but you don't (I take it all oils fans don't like it either since this guy is speaking for all oil fans). No point in talking a trade with someone whose opinion is set in stone. It's like talking to a brick wall

Old
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Conacher's just a rookie. He'll get better. Turris too if he can put on a little muscle.

Still-the numbers they are putting up are roughly the same as Eberle who you seem to consider to be in another stratosphere. and he is certainly being paid that way.

Is Eberle improving or regressing? Why is he the player that Oil fans seem ready to trade away?
I assume that by this you mean that "player that a sens fan made a thread about in which a low-ball offer was made for said player"?

Old
04-19-2013, 08:11 PM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Irony.
How is this ironic? I've yet to actually propose a one sided deal and thus cannot be seen as a homer when it comes to putting together a deal. Not once have I said a Cowen for Eberle deal straight up would be fair. I've only said Cowen + Silfverberg, Lehner, or Zibanejad would be an over payment by Ottawa. I asked SS to provide an example of a deal that was fair for both sides.

Quote:
WAIT WAIT WAIT... you are telling me you would have to overpay to get a 22 year old winger fresh off PPG season and just resigned to a huge deal.. you are a MASTER detective! I can smell next CSI spin off... CSI: HFBoards..
An injury prone 22 year old winger with defensive deficiencies who has struggled to produce this season. Eberle's value is lower than it was last season and will only get lower with that contract if he doesn't bounce back. (Obviously he will this is just an example of how things can be spun either way)

I actually really like Eberle as a player. Its just funny how badly you guys complain about people's offers when your own views are just as ridiculous.

Last edited by WantEggRoll: 04-19-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
How is this ironic? I've yet to actually propose a one sided deal and thus cannot be seen as a homer when it comes to putting together a deal. Not once have I said a Cowen for Eberle deal straight up would be fair. I've only said Cowen + Silfverberg, Lehner, or Zibanejad would be an over payment by Ottawa. I asked SS to provide an example of a deal that was fair for both sides.

An injury prone 22 year old winger with defensive deficiencies who has struggled to produce this season. Eberle's value is lower than it was last season and will only get lower with that contract if he doesn't bounce back. (Obviously he will this is just an example of how things can be spun either way)

I actually really like Eberle as a player. Its just funny how badly you guys complain about people's offers when your own views are just as ridiculous.

Come at me, bro

Old
04-19-2013, 08:22 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
I assume that by this you mean that "player that a sens fan made a thread about in which a low-ball offer was made for said player"?
I know this thread was started by a Sens fan,but Eberle seems to be the name that usually comes up as being tradable rather than Hall or RNH for example.

I don't think Cowen is a low ball offer for Eberle. I wouldn't want to see the Sens trade him, he's too much fun to watch on the our blue line,and definitely not for Eberle who is overpaid and doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:23 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:

I can also blindly make up facts... Erik Karlssons value is lower because he is small and injury prone... Sens need to trade him now before his value goes down any lower...

Old
04-19-2013, 08:25 PM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
I can also blindly make up facts... Erik Karlssons value is lower because he is small and injury prone... Sens need to trade him now before his value goes down any lower...
What fact did I make up? Pretty sure your own fan base would say that Eberle still has work to do in regards to play in his own zone. Karlsson is a twenty-three year old Norris Trophy winning defenseman who's value will be determined based on his play once he returns from a freak accident. I haven't even said Edmonton is/should be selling Eberle because his value is low. As the other poster said Eberle is the player most think would be the odd man out if their new GM intends to move one of their top young players.

Last edited by WantEggRoll: 04-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:26 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
I don't think Cowen is a low ball offer for Eberle.
I am stunned... wait no I am not

Hold on let me go start the Klefbom for Karlsson thread... I don't think that is a low ball offer and that is apparently the litmus test

Old
04-19-2013, 08:26 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
I know this thread was started by a Sens fan,but Eberle seems to be the name that usually comes up as being tradable rather than Hall or RNH for example.

I don't think Cowen is a low ball offer for Eberle. I wouldn't want to see the Sens trade him, he's too much fun to watch on the our blue line,and definitely not for Eberle who is overpaid and doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction.
Make a poll and see what others have to say about the comparable value of the two players.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll No

If your best players under 25 are not available... ours our not... wish Sens fans would learn that but they keep on embarrassing themselves...
3 first round picks for Eberle and it's an embarrassing proposal? I think that sums up that most Oiler fans want more than any team would realistically pay for Eberle.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:32 PM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
3 first round picks for Eberle and it's an embarrassing proposal? I think that sums up that most Oiler fans want more than any team would realistically pay for Eberle.
We saw how that worked out in the recent Rick Nash and Jarome Iginla trades. All of these fan made trade proposals are normally filled with pie in the sky ideas that leave them disappointed with the real world returns. The Ben Bishop trade thread was hilarious because the Tampa fans basically said they had no interest in him. Guess the actual GM felt differently.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:35 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
Why don't you go look up all the 1st round picks in history who have never played more than 82 NHL games and then say that a player who was picked in the first round is equivalent to a first round pick.

GM 1: "Hey, were offering three first round picks for your player"

GM 2: "Really?! That's great, what year(s)?"

GM 1: "Oh, well, its actually Robbie Schremp, Alex Plante, and Riley Nash. Same thing, though"

GM 2: *Click

Old
04-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Dick Whitman

This is pretty entertaining. Especially the part where that one guy said that there is literally no comparison between Eberle and Turris/Conacher, then proceeded to say that Cowen for Eberle is like offering Klefbom for Karlsson. Pretty epic stuff guys, keep it up!

Closed Thread