HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Nash the only player that cares about winning?

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2003, 08:39 PM
sundinfan13

vCash: 500
Is Nash the only player that cares about winning?

Seriously, guys, I like the BJ's and all, but come on, it seems like the guy scores every goal. If Nash was the only player to come the game, it probably wouldn't effect anything. 21 goals, 4 assists, that's sick. The team would be better off trading their third and fourth line, and every defenseman (except Klesla) just to get another scorer. In my opinion though, Nash should be a MVP candidate, Kovalchuk, and Datsyuk couldn't come near to what Nash is doing. Put Nash with Zetterberg and Hull, and see how many goals he gets!!!!! Sorry for ranting, but I'm just trying to let some steam off.

Old
12-24-2003, 09:58 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundinfan13
Put Nash with Zetterberg and Hull, and see how many goals he gets!!!!!
I bet he would have more assists, too

Old
12-25-2003, 06:33 AM
Ejh18

Sundinfan

You are preaching to the Choir... er... hell, you are preaching to the pope here.

Old
12-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Its not that they dont care...

Its just that they arent very good.

Old
12-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
In my opinion though, Nash should be a MVP candidate, Kovalchuk, and Datsyuk couldn't come near to what Nash is doing.
Oh, come on now. Kovalchuk couldn't come near to what Nash is doing? Isn't that going a little overboard?

Old
12-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
Oh, come on now. Kovalchuk couldn't come near to what Nash is doing? Isn't that going a little overboard?
I'd say Kovalchuk is/does, however Datsyuk's supporting cast is much to strong to be considered doing the same thing, in my mind.

12-25-2003, 05:47 PM
3mta3

Yes. Nash is the only player on the team who cares about winning. Everyone else, from the owner down to the equipment manager, isn't concerned about the win/loss record in the least. It's something we screen for carefully - Nash only got in because he lied on his resume.

Old
12-25-2003, 07:51 PM
sundinfan13

Kozlov and Savard are having career seasons. They get assists on nearly every Kovalchuk goal.

Old
12-25-2003, 08:02 PM
jackets63

More acurately, Nash is the only one who "cares" about scoring. Nash will be the first one to tell you that hes on the same losing streak as everyone else on his team.

Old
12-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
Kozlov and Savard are having career seasons. They get assists on nearly every Kovalchuk goal.
If by "nearly every Kovalchuk goal" you mean "three out of every seven Kovalchuk goals" then you would be correct as Savard and Kozlov have been involved in nine out of Ilya's twenty one goals. He rarely plays with those two at even strength.

Here are the players that have gotten assists for each Ilya goal.

Frantisek Kaberle, Kamil Piros
Marc Savard
Slava Kozlov, Marc Savard
Frantisek Kaberle, Slava Kozlov
Patrik Stefan, Tommi Santala
Serge Aubin, Randy Robitaille
Randy Robitaille
Serge Aubin, Marc Savard
Frantisek Kaberle, Shawn McEachern
Marc Savard, Shawn McEachern
Randy Robitaille, Shawn McEachern
Frantisek Kaberle, Randy Robitaille
Shawn McEachern, Pasi Nurminen
Shawn McEachern
Frantisek Kaberle, Marc Savard
Andy Sutton, Frantisek Kaberle
Ronald Petrovicky, Randy Robitaille
Patrik Stefan

Old
12-26-2003, 09:34 AM
sundinfan13

pretty much everyone on Atlanta is having career seasons, except for Mceachern, but he's always been good. Petrovicky lost the Rangers poison and has done great in Atlanta. Stefan is great, but he's always played well with Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk has a much better supporting cast then Nash, and the standings also show that. I don't care what anyone says if the leading goal scorer is on the team tied for last place in the NHL, that is something special. I'm not saying Kovalchuk wouldn't match Nash if he was on the BJ's, but I'm saying Nash would outprtform Kovalchuk if he were on the Thrashers.

Old
12-28-2003, 02:53 PM
alosufan1

dude,

If MacLean offered Nash for Datsyuk straight up, Holland would make that trade in a heartbeat. Everyone in the world knows that, except for you.

I do agree with one thing though: Red over Blue always!

GO BUCKS!

quOTE=RedWingsAlwaysWin]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!!!!!!!!You....actually...think...that....Nas h...is better than....Kovalchuk....and DAtsyuk?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOu must be kidding yourself. Rick Nash is a GOAL *****!! See its real funny that you say that, cuz i havent heard one person compare Rick Nash to any great hockey player, BUT i have heard Datsyuk being compared to Yzerman and Forsberg by several coaches/players around the league. Lets see, if youre a good player, three things will show that: Goals, assists, Plus/Minus. Shall we check out the stats here???

Hmm it took me a while to find Rick Nash's stats at NHL.com (probably cuz hes number 33 on the offensive leaders list) but here's what we have
Kovalchuk: 21G, 22A, -3, 43pts
Datsyuk: 20G, 22A, + 7, 42 pts
Nash: 23G, 4A, -8, 27 pts

Have you taken a moment to think about the assists area?? Yeah Datsyuks on a stacked line on a stacked team, not a ****** team like the Blue Jackets, and he has 22 assissts. thats a stat that means he can keep up with his teamates/linemates...and who are his linemates?? hmm.. Brett Hull a 732 goal scorer and Zetterberg, the runner up to the Calder trophy (he bear Rick Nash in the voting). And one point that you made for your arguement was a REAL stupid one. If Rick Nash is on a ****** team like he is, then he gets tons of ice time. Now, if Pavel Datsyuk is on a team with hmm, lets see here...Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, Zetterberg, Whitney, Lidstrom, Schneider, Chelios, he gets limited ice time, cuz the Red Wings actually have good players, so they all get a chance to show there skill.

Datsyuk is amazing....hes on higlight reels all over North America with a stellar play...the kind that he makes almost every game hes in. Datsyuk is on PP and PK. Nash can't be on PK cuz he sucks Defensively. Hes a minus 8 and Datsyuk?? + 7. Datsyuk can do everything. NHL2Night even did a "Datsyuks top 10 plays" spot on the show. Has there ever been a "Nash's top 10 plays" segment?? No!! Cuz Nash doesn't have 10 good plays....

I rest my case to the losers in Blue. Red over Blue any day!!!!!!!! Nash will never even come close to Kovalchuk or Datsyuk...GO WINGS!!!!![/QUOTE]

Old
12-28-2003, 03:38 PM
CBJSlash

Grow Up. If we were so crappy then how did the almighty Red Wings manage to lose to us on national tv. Anyways, Datsyuk is 6 years older than Nash and 5 years older than Kovalchuk so they shouldn't even be compared. I'm not going to go the route of the payroll to argue the quality of team, even though your triad of goaltenders, and Lidstrom make nearly as much as our whole team. The fact is CBJ is a 4th year team, wait a few years and you will be looking up to us and the Preds in the standings

Last edited by CBJSlash: 12-28-2003 at 03:48 PM.
Old
12-29-2003, 09:53 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
No he wouldn't!!!!! And everybody knows that except for you. Yeah, lets trade the guy who is third in the league in scoring for a guy with 4 assists. That might happen. Actually, it has more of a chance of happening then Columbus has of ever making the playoffs. Looks like expansion cousins Minnesota have made the playoffs. I guess because they drafted quality hockey players, and have a real coach. Hey boys, enjoy Ovechkin.
Got to give you credit---only 2 posts, and both of such quality and insight.

Mommy must be so proud.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:02 AM
alosufan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket

Mommy must be so proud.

Hello Wings fans-

Don't cha think that maybe nash would have more assists if he played on a line with Hull and Zetterberg?

Not to mention the fact he would not be getting the oppositions top defensive pairing like he is in columbus.

Datshuk is a great player, but if you are trying to tell me you would not trade him for a 19 year old player who may score 50 goals this year, than you are kidding yourself.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:35 AM
jackets63

Quote:
I get the strong impression that he was banned under another user name.

Why is it that we can have perfectly peaceful, insightful discussions amoungst ourselves and about 90% of the lurkers, but we allow 2 or 3 posters to come and drag us down. Just ignore these guys and they'll move on to another board where they get the arguments they are looking for.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:40 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
I get the strong impression that he was banned under another user name.

Why is it that we can have perfectly peaceful, insightful discussions amoungst ourselves and about 90% of the lurkers, but we allow 2 or 3 posters to come and drag us down. Just ignore these guys and they'll move on to another board where they get the arguments they are looking for.
Good point---I probably shouldn't have taken the bait and responded. I did put him/her on 'ignore' after I posted.

Never used the 'ignore' option before---well worth the 5 seconds of extra effort.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:58 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Good point---I probably shouldn't have taken the bait and responded. I did put him/her on 'ignore' after I posted.

Never used the 'ignore' option before---well worth the 5 seconds of extra effort.
Oh, dont get me wrong, I still like to see the sheer humor of what they write. Thats why I dont put them on ignore. I just read and laugh at thier attempts to be tough/funny/informed. I just dont get involved in egging them on. Plus, I got banned for 3 days (for nothing btw, but what are you going to do) so Im walking a tight rope anyway I guess. If I lose this place, Id have to go over to Metro fulltime. That I couldnt stand.

Old
12-29-2003, 12:24 PM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
Honestly, I understand you guys want to talk about Metro, but can you please continue the thread in the CBJ Lounge Thread or Via PMs.

One reason I think HF is better then Metro is because 95% of the time, all the posts are on-topic. Lets try to keep it this way.

Thank you most excellent moderator!

Back to the topic at hand. Nash is a selfish black puck hole and should be ashamed of himself for scoring like he does. If only he would dump in more he could be on the PK for us. I'm so sick of this NHL leading goal scoring routine. It's so unbecoming.

Old
12-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Split the Threads and merged the Metro One with the Off topic Thread.

Continue your Discussion Threre.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
Split the Threads and merged the Metro One with the Off topic Thread.

Continue your Discussion Threre.
Kick his ass seabass!

Old
12-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

Quote:
In my opinion though, Nash should be a MVP candidate, Kovalchuk, and Datsyuk couldn't come near to what Nash is doing. Put Nash with Zetterberg and Hull, and see how many goals he gets!!!!! Sorry for ranting, but I'm just trying to let some steam off.
When you say "Kovalchuk couldn't even come near to what Nash is doing", what exactly do you mean? Kovalchuk has twice as many points -- playing with weak linemates (Savard & Kozlov play on another line) and dealing with a real serious tragedy. Nash is a great player; no need to tear other great players down to show how good Nash is.

Closed Thread