HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #43 l Nashville @ Chicago l Friday 4/19 7:30pm CT

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Some people just need to ***** and whine about something ... not sure why. That is Ralph. Maybe depression or something.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Give Oduya a break when he is playing with Brookbank, slowest player Chicago has seen since John Scott (or Dylan Olsen)......he has to cover up for 17's mistakes quite often.
These are unpressured passes from Odoodoo. And I already stated 17 is really poor tonight above. Not sure what the **** you are getting at other than not watching the game and making excuses for your faves.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:24 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
if he was bringing physicality he could play on the 4th line some, but at this point hes bringing nothing. much rather see morin
Last year he showed flashes of usefulness, but this year he isn't bringing anything. Defensively he's a liability and offensively he's a cycle/puck control killer. Easily the worst player on our team this year.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:27 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
These are unpressured passes from Odoodoo. And I already stated 17 is really poor tonight above. Not sure what the **** you are getting at other than not watching the game and making excuses for your faves.
Huh? Not sure what I am getting at? Try some reading comprehension then. Tough to get on Oduya too much when his partner is a 6/7dman having arguably his worst game of the season. Oduya isn't having a great night himself but he is playing with dead weight out there.

Old
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Some people just need to ***** and whine about something ... not sure why. That is Ralph. Maybe depression or something.
LOL!

Old
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
It's not the fact that we've given up 3 goals, it's the fact we haven't really made them earn any of them. A weak shot knocked down by a high stick (legal) because we didn't clear the crease, a puck that was pushed into the goalie by his own player when he had no idea where it was, and an unecessary breakaway when we had BOTH d-men back by the blue line resulted in 3 gift goals.

Every team has their off nights, but what worries me with this team is their tendency to beat themselves without making the opponent really outwork them. That type of stuff against the better teams in the league in a long series could mean problems. Potentially a team would only have to outplay us for 2 games in a series because we can very easily give them 1-2 undeserved victories.
I agree the defense has not played well tonight(looked like last years D), but the Hawks literally have the lowest GAA in the entire NHL. So maybe some people have unrealistic expectations if they are not satisfied with being the best in the NHL at keeping the puck out of the net.

They do need to make sure they don't fall into bad habits of last year by playing soft the last couple games of the season but we have allowed 2 goals in the last 2 games before tonight...this isn't a trend yet.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:32 PM
zac

Quote:
I agree the defense has not played well tonight(looked like last years D), but the Hawks literally have the lowest GAA in the entire NHL. So maybe some people have unrealistic expectations if they are not satisfied with being the best in the NHL at keeping the puck out of the net.

They do need to make sure they don't fall into bad habits of last year by playing soft the last couple games of the season but we have allowed 2 goals in the last 2 games before tonight...this isn't a trend yet.
I'm not going to complain about our defense in general as they've been pretty much outstanding all season. It's more a matter of our tendency to beat ourselves without making the opponent earn it. There's really only been a handful of games in which we've been truly ouplayed, with several wins and losses being much closer than what they should have been. Although it hasn't manifested itself nearly as much in the standings as the talent on the ice has been very dominant throughout the season, I still think this team is it's own worst enemy way too often.

It's really the only thing that concerns be for the playoffs. I think we are that much better than everyone else in the West (LA is the only team that somewhat scares me).

Old
04-19-2013, 09:33 PM
zytz
lumberjack

hey did they show the number for the 2013-2014 season ticket giveaway yet? was putting my kid to sleep so I missed it if so. don't usually care about their text contests... but **** this is season tix

Old
04-19-2013, 09:34 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
I'm not going to complain about our defense in general as they've been pretty much outstanding all season. It's more a matter of our tendency to beat ourselves without making the opponent earn it. There's really only been a handful of games in which we've been truly ouplayed, with several wins and losses being much closer than what they should have been. Although it hasn't manifested itself nearly as much in the standings as the talent on the ice has been very dominant throughout the season, I still think this team is it's own worst enemy way too often.

It's really the only thing that concerns be for the playoffs. I think we are that much better than everyone else in the West (LA is the only team that somewhat scares me).
Anaheim could be trouble too. Oops, am I allowed to say that?

Old
04-19-2013, 09:35 PM
zac

Not a good play by Kruger there. Got lucky they didn't get a better shot on net.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Huh? Not sure what I am getting at? Try some reading comprehension then. Tough to get on Oduya too much when his partner is a 6/7dman having arguably his worst game of the season. Oduya isn't having a great night himself but he is playing with dead weight out there.
Not tough when HE TURNS THE PUCK OVER UNPRESSURED. That is unbiased observation. Have a good night sleep with your Odoodoo doll.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
zac

Rinne has a tough time with Kane's release. Not that a lot of goalies don't, but he seems to have a lot of trouble picking up the puck off his stick. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane pots the game winner because of it.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:37 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:

I agree that the Hawks and Kings are the two best in the West. I certainly hope the Kings are somehow eliminated before we have to face them.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:38 PM
zac

Damn...almost a great pass by Seabrook.

Leddy with another rough game. That's 2 in a row after several good ones.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Damn...almost a great pass by Seabrook.

Leddy with another rough game. That's 2 in a row after several good ones.
Leddy has not been himself tonight.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
BronYrAur

Kruger > Bolland

HAHAHAHAHA yeah right.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:40 PM
zac

Kruger....got to make a quicker decision....gotta give that to Kane.

Old
RomersWorld*

I knew Kruger would refuse to shoot that no matter what.

Old
BronYrAur

Third line working over Legwand line.....love it.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:41 PM
zac

Leddy with just an awful shift.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:42 PM
zac

Quote:
I knew Kruger would refuse to shoot that no matter what.
The way this game has gone for Rinne against Kane, he has to give that up. Rinne has been shaky on every one of Kane's shots.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

That was an accurate shot into the shin pads by 17 .....to the guy 5 feet in front of him.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM
BronYrAur

NICE play by Bolland to touch puck on to Kane who just misses.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:44 PM
zac

Horrible clearing attempt by Seabrook.

We are getting worked this period.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:45 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
That was an accurate shot into the shin pads by 17 .....to the guy 5 feet in front of him.
Are you saying Brookbank takes shooting lessons from Keith (who has actually been a little better shooting the puck lately).

Closed Thread