HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - "Time for a Change" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 09:37 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
They can win with Plekanec as a 2nd center or even a 3rd center becausw Pleks is a complete hockey player.

DD is one dimensional at best and the habs will never win a cup with DD in the lineup.
My prediction is that DD will be gone before year end next year.
272 out of 289.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
272 out of 289.
Desharnais is a very good passer.

272 out of 290.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Desharnais is a very good passer.

272 out of 290.
I meant, out of that user. Not overall

But, yeah, I concur that DD has to play better, and borderline much better. Important for, like, the success of the team? Oddly, he does some things really well this season (like, backcheking and help on the outlet passes) that I didn't expect him to do THAT well. Not that he's great defensively, but he's a wise player, and he makes sure he can use that trait in the D-Zone. So it compensates for his utter lack of instincts on defense.

The problem is, his offensive game is... let's just say that the doesn't create that much, even if he should've had deserved a better face with the setup for Bourque, which was absolutely perfect.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I meant, out of that user. Not overall

But, yeah, I concur that DD has to play better, and borderline much better. Important for, like, the success of the team? Oddly, he does some things really well this season (like, backcheking and help on the outlet passes) that I didn't expect him to do THAT well. Not that he's great defensively, but he's a wise player, and he makes sure he can use that trait in the D-Zone. So it compensates for his utter lack of instincts on defense.

The problem is, his offensive game is... let's just say that the doesn't create that much, even if he should've had deserved a better face with the setup for Bourque, which was absolutely perfect.
He's a bad defensive player but he can recover at least.

As long as he gets offensive zone starts he doesn't really hurt us defensively, though his backchecking was awful today. Because of his limitations when he's not playing at full force it's very noticeable. His wingers haven't really been helping him though.

As far as his playmaking goes...he has a bit of Gomezitis this year, which is worrying, lots of lateral passes. Even then, Pacioretty has had awful luck shooting-wise this year.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:56 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's a bad defensive player but he can recover at least.

As long as he gets offensive zone starts he doesn't really hurt us defensively, though his backchecking was awful today. Because of his limitations when he's not playing at full force it's very noticeable. His wingers haven't really been helping him though.

As far as his playmaking goes...he has a bit of Gomezitis this year, which is worrying, lots of lateral passes. Even then, Pacioretty has had awful luck shooting-wise this year.
Yeah, sure, DD gets back in time to get the puck out of the net.

Today MaxPac, on the wing of Pleks, was flying out there.
Hopefully Therrien keeps DD off the Power Play as well.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
DD on the ice for the Lightning tying goal and just useless on the power play. I'm just glad DD is not centering our top wingers anymore.

DD 0 points -1 only 14minutes icetime but 5:44 on the power play...
I suppose that you failed to notice that DD came on the ice on a line change and that the play was already in the defensive zone when he got on the ice

This is the first year that DD has struggled on the PP. He'll get over it.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I suppose that you failed to notice that DD came on the ice on a line change and that the play was already in the defensive zone when he got on the ice

That is not true. They were in the offensive zone before and it was on a turnover, on a no look turn around pass by you know who? You guessed it! Desharnais

Watch the replay again, probably the worst back check ever.

Old
04-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Mats86

I'd trade Desharnais for 4th round pick at the draft, go with Galchhenyuk, Eller, Plekanec down the middle next year. Desharnais not fast skater, weak on faceoffs, so-so offensively, knocked around against bigger lines.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Wow.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
habsrule22

I think DD should be traded and with Nashville looking for offence. they might be a good candidate to trade with. If we could get a good prospect on wing or defense. That would be good. Going into next year with pleks, eller, chucky is that way to go

Old
04-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Habtchum*

I really hope DD will make you eat a large big crow in the future. Playing for the Habs or elsewhere.

Fortunately, his teamates like him, his coaches and management like him too.

You can start 200 more threads and write a zillion hate posts. It will have no effects whatsoever.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I really hope DD will make you eat a large big crow in the future. Playing for the Habs or elsewhere.

Fortunately, his teamates like him, his coaches and management like him too.

You can start 200 more threads and write a zillion hate posts. It will have no effects whatsoever.
I will eat the same amount of crow about DD as I did with Angelo Esposito.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I will eat the same amount of crow about DD as I did with Angelo Esposito.
Esposito never had a 60 point season at NHL level. Didn't he ? And really never was a regular player. Please do not compare both. One was drafted in a first round. the other one, never.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Esposito never had a 60 point season at NHL level. Didn't he ? And really never was a regular player. Please do not compare both. One was drafted in a first round. the other one, never.
Doesn't change my certainty that DD needs to be upgraded or delegated to the wing if we want to go anywhere in the play-offs.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:57 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Doesn't change my certainty that DD needs to be upgraded or delegated to the wing if we want to go anywhere in the play-offs.
Everyone is allowed an opinion, doesn't make it correct (Either way).

Old
04-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
I think DD should be traded and with Nashville looking for offence. they might be a good candidate to trade with. If we could get a good prospect on wing or defense. That would be good. Going into next year with pleks, eller, chucky is that way to go
I don't think Nashville has anything of value on the team apart from Forsberg and Ellis, nothing I think the Habs would be overly interested in anyways. There's a reason they're one of the worst teams in the NHL. If you could trade Desharnais, all of our picks in the top-40 and a prospect for their #4 overall pick... maybe then... Could get Drouin.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I'd trade Desharnais for 4th round pick at the draft, go with Galchhenyuk, Eller, Plekanec down the middle next year. Desharnais not fast skater, weak on faceoffs, so-so offensively, knocked around against bigger lines.
a bag of doritos or a gift certificate to Bonanza LaLumiere in Montreal is good enough for me

with Calgary and Dallas looking for centers , pair him off with Cole again

its an easy deal , his cap is ok

Like I said it was a BS deal from day one totally a joke

Old
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
They can win with Plekanec as a 2nd center or even a 3rd center becausw Pleks is a complete hockey player.

DD is one dimensional at best and the habs will never win a cup with DD in the lineup.
My prediction is that DD will be gone before year end next year.
correct you will win nothing with him in your lineup

look back to the cup teams , who had him on the top 6 ...no one

who had him in the bottom 6 as a role player .... no one

he belongs in this league , with Calgary where they have nothing down the middle
he can get his 50 points and have a losing team

Old
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
correct you will win nothing with him in your lineup

look back to the cup teams , who had him on the top 6 ...no one

who had him in the bottom 6 as a role player .... no one

he belongs in this league , with Calgary where they have nothing down the middle
he can get his 50 points and have a losing team
Thanks tips, I was confused for a second. Really thought Desharnais was on the '93 Habs cup team. Thanks for clarifying that.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Suppose DD plays 3rd line minutes and Galchenyuk/Eller/Plekanec play more minutes and we lose, then what?

One player does not make a team. Upgrade on DD? Absolutely. I'd upgrade on Eller, Plekanec and others too.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:26 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Suppose DD plays 3rd line minutes and Galchenyuk/Eller/Plekanec play more minutes and we lose, then what?

One player does not make a team. Upgrade on DD? Absolutely. I'd upgrade on Eller, Plekanec and others too.
Why would you upgrade players who at best you could upgrade minimally?

DD is terrible. If he's not setting up goals, he is a negative on the ice. This is not Gionta where I can at least concede he's decent defensively and is the captain plus goes to the front of the net (off and on lately).

DD is atrocious in the face-off circle. He's small and loses his battles. He doesn't do particularly well in traffic. He doesn't go to the front of the net. He's not particularly adept at gaining the zone. He doesn't shoot so he's predictable.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
DAChampion

I was not on this forum in 2009 when plekanec was having a bad year, but i suspect it was ugly.

I was one of DD's critics early on, but some of you are going too far.

When a player is having a bad tear, reduce his responsibilities, give him space and time.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:56 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post

False. He was on the ice for the faceoff which he lost at 4:15 of the 3rd period and remained on the ice up to the goal scored by Lecavalier at 5:07, 52 seconds later. Unless if he magically got off the ice and back on within that time span, he was nowhere close to "coming on the ice on a line change" when the rush that led to the goal occured.

Conclusion? It was a terrible backcheck, and he should be ashamed of it.

Source: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/PL020646.HTM

Old
04-19-2013, 09:12 PM
WakeUpNHL

I am glad to see that others here understand what i've been saying about DD.

He does not have the tools to be a top 6 center on a good team in the NHL and is not physical enough play wing or bottom six either.

Even as insulated as he has been in Montreal this year, DD has been atrocious. He is the worst possible combination of slow, soft and small.

As far as eating crow, if the habs win a cup with Desharnais in the line up i will buy a Desharnais jersey and wear it for three straight days.

Bottom line... everyone knows why DD was resigned for four years, it's the blue,
blanc, rouge elephant in the room.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Why would you upgrade players who at best you could upgrade minimally?

DD is terrible. If he's not setting up goals, he is a negative on the ice. This is not Gionta where I can at least concede he's decent defensively and is the captain plus goes to the front of the net (off and on lately).

DD is atrocious in the face-off circle. He's small and loses his battles. He doesn't do particularly well in traffic. He doesn't go to the front of the net. He's not particularly adept at gaining the zone. He doesn't shoot so he's predictable.
Uh, what? Apart from Plekanec and Galchenyuk the other two can be replaced.

DD is atrocious in face-off circle? Since when? He's 49.2%, below Plekanec but above Galchenyuk and Eller. One might say his offensive zone starts come with better defensive faceoff men as well.

DD does go in front of the net. Wasn't a pic posted up of his going in front of net and jumping so subban can get a shot on net?

He doesn't have that many shots less than Eller either...

He is small and is less than ideal defensively though, no doubt about that but no need to stretch the truth.

Closed Thread