HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

vCash: 500
Any chance of healthy scratching clarky for loktionov?

Old
04-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
No but why not Poni? Clarkson has been outscored by every top 12 regular forward on the team during the last 30 games.

And yes even Gio, not to mention the rest of CBGB, and anyone else you can think of not named Barch or Kostopolous.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:20 PM
KohoDonuts88
LOYALTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I tend to believe there's a shot at re-signing Clarkson at a *somewhat* reasonable contract. Healthy scratching him right now may be counter productive to that goal.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

I've never seen a player unravel so fast and far down the scale as clarky.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
I tend to believe there's a shot at re-signing Clarkson at a *somewhat* reasonable contract. Healthy scratching him right now may be counter productive to that goal.
Why would we even do that. Loki isn't strong at wing, he is a better center. Better to scratch Poni or Dags for Loki and move Henrique to wing if you want to fiddle with the lineup. Well maybe not Dags since he actually scored yesterday.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Why would we even do that. Loki isn't strong at wing, he is a better center. Better to scratch Poni or Dags for Loki and move Henrique to wing if you want to fiddle with the lineup. Well maybe not Dags since he actually scored yesterday.
Poni needs to GTFO of the lineup. He's still invisible though he actually looked present last night.

Next year hopefully Josefson, and Loki will both be in the lineup so we may as well put them both in the lineup now. It's not like we have to choose one or the other.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Poni needs to GTFO of the lineup. He's still invisible though he actually looked present last night.

Next year hopefully Josefson, and Loki will both be in the lineup so we may as well put them both in the lineup now. It's not like we have to choose one or the other.
Loki should definitely be in the lineup, hopefully JJ earns his way to being our 3rd line center in camp. Opens the option of being able to move Henrique to the wing without having to force some non-pure center like elias or Zubs center. Much more ideal situation to move him to wing.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Loki should definitely be in the lineup, hopefully JJ earns his way to being our 3rd line center in camp. Opens the option of being able to move Henrique to the wing without having to force some non-pure center like elias or Zubs center. Much more ideal situation to move him to wing.
There definitely is room for both of them. I hate to harp on Poni, but when Loktionov is sitting then he needs to go. He's already been a healthy scratch once so I'm not trying to start a campaign with the first time idea to scratch Ponikarovsky. It's not like saying sit Clarkson who we KNOW won't be sat!

Old
04-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
There definitely is room for both of them. I hate to harp on Poni, but when Loktionov is sitting then he needs to go. He's already been a healthy scratch once so I'm not trying to start a campaign with the first time idea to scratch Ponikarovsky. It's not like saying sit Clarkson who we KNOW won't be sat!
Pete likes to sit the kids over the vets. I am not a huge fan of him doing it, but he has done it with JJ, did it with Tedy, Butler, Dags, Loki, and biggest of course with Larsson and Fayne.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Pete likes to sit the kids over the vets. I am not a huge fan of him doing it, but he has done it with JJ, did it with Tedy, Butler, Dags, Loki, and biggest of course with Larsson and Fayne.
Well some of them it's called for, but guys like Loki, Larsson, Fayne, should not be sat. Dano even said Larsson shouldn't be sat. I wonder what defensemen he would say to sit over him?

I still can see the Kone coming back in on Sunday. He practiced today, and I keep seeing Pete's pregame presser. ''Yeah it's great to get him back. Anytime you have an option like him to insert into the lineup it's great. In these tough division games he can inject energy with a big hit, block a shot, help out on the PK. We really love what he brings, and have really missed what he brings. He brings a much needed element in these desperate games''

He should see that we've been fine defensively, and no lineup changes are needed hopefully. 1.33 GAA with him out of the lineup.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Well some of them it's called for, but guys like Loki, Larsson, Fayne, should not be sat. Dano even said Larsson shouldn't be sat. I wonder what defensemen he would say to sit over him?

I still can see the Kone coming back in on Sunday. He practiced today, and I keep seeing Pete's pregame presser. ''Yeah it's great to get him back. Anytime you have an option like him to insert into the lineup it's great. In these tough division games he can inject energy with a big hit, block a shot, help out on the PK. We really love what he brings, and have really missed what he brings. He brings a much needed element in these desperate games''

He should see that we've been fine defensively, and no lineup changes are needed hopefully. 1.33 GAA with him out of the lineup.
See I really don't mind one defenseman like that, though Volch has been pretty bad since the postseason so I don't know if he is that guy. Just having two of them is pointless!!!

Old
04-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
See I really don't mind one defenseman like that, though Volch has been pretty bad since the postseason so I don't know if he is that guy. Just having two of them is pointless!!!
Agreed. Volchenkov seems to have gotten worse since last year. He was so godawful against Florida, and almost cost us the series. He was bad the whole series, and even pushed a Panther into Marty on the tying goal in game 7. He snapped out of it after that series, but he's regressed even further this year.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

I never thought Dano would like to publicly talk about financial issues with the team, if he was aware of that. It's always been clear to me, he was stating that Clarkson is not worth this kind of money.

Thanks for the help Dano.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Clarkson falling apart the last 20+ games of the season might be the best thing for us in the long run. What kind of leverage is he gonna have when he hasn't scored a goal since god damn February when he gets to the negotiating table? Clarky will still cost a couple million a year(which he's still worth) but he ain't getting that 5 million dollar+ deal, that was definitely going through his mind when he was one the league leaders in goals earlier in the season. I guess we shall see. Were the last group of fans that should be confident when it comes to resigning our unrestricted free agents. unfortunately.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:55 AM
IT0

so, .. how about david booth, maybe sometime in the summer? injuries yes, big contract yes, ..but
pdb connection? .. so... maybe volch/talls plus plus (need for need?).. there is your top6 winger. no?
ok, thanks.

Closed Thread