HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 02:23 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Because its SOOO much fun to talk about him

Quote:
Jocke Eriksson brought a 1.17 GAA in playoffs and 2 shutouts into Game 4. He is closing in on 3rd SO -- it'd be in championship winning game
Quote:
Eriksson signed an extension with SAIK earlier this year but, like many deals, it has NHL out-clause.
Quote:
Flyers lost Eriksson's rights due to unfavorable rules at time, not b/c they didn't think he was a good prospect.
Someone asked if things soured with Flyers and Eriksson

Quote:
No hard feelings. Eriksson wasn't ready for NA hockey yet (hadn't even had a year as #1 goalie in Elitserien).
-Bill Meltzer

Eriksson watch is now on.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Was just about to come post about this. He will be fielding offers I suppose now. Hopefully the Flyers show him and his agent we still think very highly of him. Never hurts to keep putting these kids in the pipeline. Maybe one day the Flyers will have too many goaltender!!!!!

He finished with a shutout in the championship game.

Last edited by Prongo: 04-18-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Go get him Homer.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:53 PM
flybynite77

With the growing number of goalies who were formerly Flyers property coming back to bite Homer in the butt you wonder how the guy can manage to sit down.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
With the growing number of goalies who were formerly Flyers property coming back to bite Homer in the butt you wonder how the guy can manage to sit down.
...huh?

I get Bobrovsky--he's been very impressive in this shortened season.

But I don't really see how Eriksson has come back to haunt the Flyers. He's still available, and he's yet to produce in North America.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

-Bill Meltzer

cool, make it happen Homer. I think he could be back up material as soon as next year. if the flyer do indeed decide to go with mason as their number one next season, and they buy out bryz it's not like a mason/eriksson tandem would be worse then bryz/boosh/leighton were this year.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
cool, make it happen Homer. I think he could be back up material as soon as next year. if the flyer do indeed decide to go with mason as their number one next season, and they buy out bryz it's not like a mason/eriksson tandem would be worse then bryz/boosh/leighton were this year.
I want to see him action over here first before I start claiming him as a backup. Hovinen put up big numbers in Europe too and couldn't even handle the ECHL.

Anyway I want Homer to pursue Eriksson.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I want to see him action over here first before I start claiming him as a backup. Hovinen put up big numbers in Europe too and couldn't even handle the ECHL.

Anyway I want Homer to pursue Eriksson.
def, but i think from camp and some preseason they'd now if he were capable of handling it. I'm just saying that I think he could.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
def, but i think from camp and some preseason they'd now if he were capable of handling it. I'm just saying that I think he could.
Yeah I still think he would be better suited in the minors for a year to get used to the rink here in NA.

Obviously he could come over and pull a Fasth in Anaheim to where you have to put him in the lineup. So who knows?

Old
04-18-2013, 03:54 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Yeah I still think he would be better suited in the minors for a year to get used to the rink here in NA.

Obviously he could come over and pull a Fasth in Anaheim to where you have to put him in the lineup. So who knows?
well there was an injury at the time but Bob also jumped straight onto NA ice, though that's obviously not common. i remember a few year ago when bob was recently signed and people didn't know much about him Timmy P told me on a web chat that Eriksson was the flyers future starter and Bob their future quality back-up. that would have been real nice (even though it may turn out that bob is the better of the two).

anyway, someone asked Meltzer how Eriksson compared to Hartzell and he said he'd rather have Eriksson. Not a very detailed answer but the guy has watched/followed him pretty closely (i've spoken with him a couple times in the past two year about him). signing him would be nice being as though we missed out on Hartzell.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

We need to sign this kid. It can't hurt and he's put up great numbers in the SEL.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:43 PM
ScJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScJeff View Post
posted in ticket exchange as well but because this is free and soon I thoguht id post here too to get these a good home.

Two tickets Section A Row 2 for FREE for a good home for the game Apirl 20th. My best friend, a flyers fan, just went into the hopsital after trying to take his life and I had bought theses tickets as part of a road trip we were going too do. I just want these to be used, as preferably a good home. If you are in or near glenn falls and already have tickets but know of a family who could use these please e-mail me
scjeff@hotmail.com. I will need a full name of the person who will pick it up as they are "will call" tickets and I will have to call the box office to get it changed from my name.

Thanks,
Hey guys thanks for the help. Found a kid who is a big hockey fan with a single mom who doenst make much. I don't know if it was someone from here who e-mailed me but I found a good home so thanks guys !=)

Old
04-19-2013, 07:21 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScJeff View Post
Hey guys thanks for the help. Found a kid who is a big hockey fan with a single mom who doenst make much. I don't know if it was someone from here who e-mailed me but I found a good home so thanks guys !=)
It's great to hear that this worked out to the benefit of all. All the best to your friend, who hopefully is receiving the care he needs. And thank you for (I'm assuming) making this kid's day.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:49 PM
FlyersFan61290

akeson just scored his 20th at even strength to the give the phantoms the 1-0 lead over hershey after 1. assists by laughton and syvret.

Edit: Phantoms lost 2-1

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

London beats Plymouth 2-1. Stolarz stopped 32 of 33. London up 1-0 in the series.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Stolarz with another win. 2-1 over Plymouth. Faced 33 shots.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Stolarz with another win. 2-1 over Plymouth. Faced 33 shots.
#1 star. Sounds like he had a solid game. Good for him. If someone saw the game a report would be nice. Thanks. I guess I will be rooting for London and Portland.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:32 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Was at the Knights - Whalers game tonight and a couple of things:

1) Zadorov set the tone with a huge hit in the first. After that, every other Plymouth player ran him and just bounced off him. The only Plymouth player who didn't go near him was Tom Wilson (more on him next).

2) I hate to admit this, but Tom Wilson is going to be a fantastic pro hockey player. Big, strong, fast on his skates, great shot, soft hands, and a mean streak. He's putting it together and is going to be a handful in the future.

3) Stolarz was really sharp tonight. The more I watch him and the more I see Pekka Rinne out there. He moves so smoothly and he never gets rattled. On top of it, Stolarz is also incredibly strong as he threw Wilson to the ice in a scrum in the third.

It was a great game tonight in which the refs really SUCKED. I've never seen so many blown calls in a game. Ridiculous.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Was at the Knights - Whalers game tonight and a couple of things:

1) Zadorov set the tone with a huge hit in the first. After that, every other Plymouth player ran him and just bounced off him. The only Plymouth player who didn't go near him was Tom Wilson (more on him next).

2) I hate to admit this, but Tom Wilson is going to be a fantastic pro hockey player. Big, strong, fast on his skates, great shot, soft hands, and a mean streak. He's putting it together and is going to be a handful in the future.

3) Stolarz was really sharp tonight. The more I watch him and the more I see Pekka Rinne out there. He moves so smoothly and he never gets rattled. On top of it, Stolarz is also incredibly strong as he threw Wilson to the ice in a scrum in the third.

It was a great game tonight in which the refs really SUCKED. I've never seen so many blown calls in a game. Ridiculous.
I never got why so many fans of different teams didn't want their teams drafting him last year. I'm happy with the Laughton pick but even at the draft I wasn't getting mad that Wilson was the Flyers likely target with their 1st rounder if still on the board.

He seems like a prototypical Flyer.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 09:47 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

I dont see Tom Wilson being a top 6 guy though. Maybe top 9 or bottom 4. I dont see any offense in him, and his below average skating hurts alot also.

Side note: Straka's team won tonight. Was able to put up an assist.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Jumping

Quote:

-Bill Meltzer

Kind of like trading off Bernie Parent and then trading to get him back. Book your trip to the Hall of Fame in 2030!

Old
04-19-2013, 10:00 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I never got why so many fans of different teams didn't want their teams drafting him last year. I'm happy with the Laughton pick but even at the draft I wasn't getting mad that Wilson was the Flyers likely target with their 1st rounder if still on the board.

He seems like a prototypical Flyer.
Me either. Everyone looked at the points and immediately said no, but failed to realize how much better he got as the season went on. The guy is huge, has really good hands, and a good shot, and can throw them. It's hard to find a guy that impacts the game like that. He's in that Ryan Clowe mold.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Highlights from tonight's London/Plymouth game.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...c1940ccabd6f98

Old
04-19-2013, 10:08 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Me either. Everyone looked at the points and immediately said no, but failed to realize how much better he got as the season went on. The guy is huge, has really good hands, and a good shot, and can throw them. It's hard to find a guy that impacts the game like that. He's in that Ryan Clowe mold.
He was compared to Lucic at the draft. Wilson and Lucic had simlar draft years both didn't produce much points during the regular season but both were PPG player's during the Playoffs.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:13 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Kind of like trading off Bernie Parent and then trading to get him back. Book your trip to the Hall of Fame in 2030!
I have an NMC.

Closed Thread